Falcons @ Panthers TNF GDT

iknowcool

12 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Actually, he is usually pretty darn good in clutch-time. 

He's thrown 2 INTs in 2 different games on possible game-winning drives this season, and he had the terrible throw to a wide open DJ Moore in the Chicago game on another possible game-winning drive (DJ still could have caught it, but Teddy made it as hard as possible)

Not sure which Teddy you are referring to.  Maybe in his Minnesota days he was clutch.  But when the game is on the line, I can always count on Teddy to not get us in the end-zone.

EDIT: Teddy Bridgewater in the 4th Quarter this season:

71.64 CMP%, 1 TD, 3 INTs, 84.9 QB Rating (keep in mind 4 of our 5 losses were by one score, and even the Bucs game we had a chance).  And he has a 52.6 QB Rating when trailing with less than 4 minutes left this season.

Teddy stinks with the game on the line.  Not all his fault though... and it's whatever.  I'm still happy with this team at 3-5.  No Panthers fan had expectations going in and quite frankly it's crazy we even have 3 wins.  But yeah.  Teddy ain't it.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, scar988 said:

The Panthers took 3 late shots at Ryan that weren’t called. Obvious RTP plays. Including one head shot. That **** was going both ways last night. 

I remember that brutal shot by Jeremy Chinn. Rat bastard shoved him in the chest with BOTH hands. Hope Matt’s ok. 

1 hour ago, iknowcool said:

He's thrown 2 INTs in 2 different games on possible game-winning drives this season, and he had the terrible throw to a wide open DJ Moore in the Chicago game on another possible game-winning drive (DJ still could have caught it, but Teddy made it as hard as possible)

Not sure which Teddy you are referring to.  Maybe in his Minnesota days he was clutch.  But when the game is on the line, I can always count on Teddy to not get us in the end-zone.

71.64 CMP%, 1 TD, 3 INTs, 84.9 QB Rating (keep in mind 4 of our 5 losses were by one score, and even the Bucs game we had a chance).  And he has a 52.6 QB Rating when trailing with less than 4 minutes left this season.

Teddy stinks with the game on the line.  Not all his fault though... and it's whatever.  I'm still happy with this team at 3-5.  No Panthers fan had expectations going in and quite frankly it's crazy we even have 3 wins.  But yeah.  Teddy ain't it.

Agreed on all points. 

2 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Sorry to hear that.  He looked very promising until he got that injury in MN.  :(

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, EvilenFroggen said:

I remember that brutal shot by Jeremy Chinn. Rat bastard shoved him in the chest with BOTH hands. Hope Matt’s ok. 

Talking more the shoulder right to the helmet by Brian Burns when Matt released the INT, but sure... go with that.

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

Talking more the shoulder right to the helmet by Brian Burns when Matt released the INT, but sure... go with that.

Don’t recall that. Probably because it didn’t involve tripping on a guy who had a catastrophic knee injury then going helmet to helmet when he was down on the same play. But I guess it’s a “there are good people on both sides” situation. 

Teddy looked great against the Saints, but I guess that doesn’t mean much because our defense has been atrocious.  He did take the game losing sack though, exactly when he didn’t need to take a sack, and he had that problem with us last year, taking sacks he shouldn’t have.

Just now, Jlowe22 said:

Teddy looked great against the Saints, but I guess that doesn’t mean much because our defense has been atrocious.  He did take the game losing sack though, exactly when he didn’t need to take a sack, and he had that problem with us last year, taking sacks he shouldn’t have.

I think that it is partly the way he plays and partly what is asked of him. Just like Rodgers has a significant preference toward taking a sack than throw an INT. The difference is that Teddy doesn't have much mobility.

25 minutes ago, EvilenFroggen said:

Don’t recall that. Probably because it didn’t involve tripping on a guy who had a catastrophic knee injury then going helmet to helmet when he was down on the same play. But I guess it’s a “there are good people on both sides” situation. 

Yeah, @ET80don't think this kind of thing is allowed.

26 minutes ago, EvilenFroggen said:

No, it's more like a "the refs missed calls both ways all night" situation. And they missed 3 roughings on Ryan that a similar play was called for Teddy. When you're watching your own team so hard that you ignore the facts, that's fine. I'm outright calling that Teddy play dirty. I have no problem doing so. But you should also call the play Burns launched into Ryan dirty. (and you haven't.)