QB for the next 10 years - Burrow or Jackson?

Hunter2_1

Who would you rather have  

113 members have voted

1. 1. for next 10 years?

• Joe Burrow
    • Lamar Jackson

16 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

This has devolved into such a weird thread.

It's the same as the other two threads that went like this.

Van S has scorching hot takes, Yin Yang systematically takes them down and sends Van's head spinning, ET, I and others get pumped and post dunks signalling how comprehensively YY takes down ANOTHER hot take....

Mixon over CMC...? Be honest

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 3

On 11/14/2020 at 4:26 PM, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Right now? Lamar easily. He’s shown more in the NFL and he’s younger. 

Joe Burrow might end up being pretty legit, but he’s currently sitting with 2 wins and an inability to feel pass rush. He was virtually never under pressure at LSU and appears completely clueless as to how not to get consistently bodied by defenders. 

Honestly so far this year Burrow’s inability to protect himself in the pocket should be a factor in long term health and worries me as much or more than anything Lamar has shown in his career. The stats are pretty overwhelming that being hit in the pocket is more dangerous for a QB than being hit while running, and Burrow seems to take 1 hit a game bigger than any I’ve seen Lamar take in his entire career.

QBs taking bad hits constantly, it’s just a numbers game of when they finally get injured. Not saying the particular hit that injured him was his fault, but Burrow has been a dead man walking for weeks just based on sheer probability for all the bad hits he is exposed to, sadly. I hate to see injuries and hope he can come back strong. 

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy
  • Like 2

On 11/14/2020 at 7:26 PM, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Right now? Lamar easily. He’s shown more in the NFL and he’s younger. 

Joe Burrow might end up being pretty legit, but he’s currently sitting with 2 wins and an inability to feel pass rush. He was virtually never under pressure at LSU and appears completely clueless as to how not to get consistently bodied by defenders. 

I can’t believe I haven’t seen this until now. 

This take is so objectively wrong it’s not even funny. Any respected draft analysis worth their salt praised Burrow’s pocket awareness, and ability to feel pressure and evade the rush. He has an intrinsic six-sense few pros have. It’s literally one of his best traits as a player. Out of all of Burrow’s criticisms, this ain’t it.

You can really tell who actually watches Burrow play, and who goes by worthless narratives substantiated by absolutely nothing. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

This take is so objectively wrong it’s not even funny. Any respected draft analysis worth their salt praised Burrow’s pocket awareness, and ability to feel pressure and evade the rush. He has an intrinsic six-sense few pros have. It’s literally one of his best traits as a player. Out of all of Burrow’s criticisms, this ain’t it.

You can really tell who actually watches Burrow play, and who goes by worthless narratives substantiated by absolutely nothing. 

Yeah clearly doesn't watch.

Even if he did I wouldn't trust him to be objective, the guy is infatuated with Jackson. 

On 11/22/2020 at 8:55 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

It's the same as the other two threads that went like this.

Van S has scorching hot takes, Yin Yang systematically takes them down and sends Van's head spinning

You do know the last time @Yin-Yangand me had a back n forth, I was literally proven right just a few weeks later?  Josh Allen did exactly what I predicted he would do.

2 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Doesn't this have more to do with the Front office than him?

Not really.  Josh Allen played behind awful o-lines his first two seasons and was able to protect himself.  I saw Aaron Rodgers dominate for years behind a bad o-line. 

Great QBs find ways to protect themselves and make plays even with bad o-lines. 

2 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

I thought his pocket presence at LSU was good.  But I didn't see it translate thus far in the NFL.  I think that point was solid. 

Edited by VanS
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Burrow's been taking wicked shots in the NFL from game one. He has been playing as if he is a good athlete, which he was in college, rather than the subpar athlete he is in the NFL. It's easy to have good pocket presence at LSU with a beast O-Line and dominant skill position players that discourage blitzing. His lack of awareness of his athleticism relative to NFL defenders athleticism has been obvious for a while now. 

• Like 3