27 members have voted

1. 1. Which game is the GOTW?

• #9 BYU @ #21 Boise State
    • #23 Michigan @ #13 Indiana
    • #8 Florida vs #5 Georgia
    • #1 Clemson @ #4 Notre Dame
    • Other (Specify in Thread)

4 hours ago, mse326 said:

Maybe just me but I feel rushing the field as the #4 team is the basically the fans way of saying we aren't actually #4. And I'm not just talking this game, but in general. Unless it is the championship or you beat a dynasty like the Bruins' basketball back in the day, you shouldn't be rushing the field if you actually have national championship hopes.

Hopefully the committee realizes that the fans are telling them they don't belong in the playoffs /stothelastsentence

This is silly. Clemson rushes the field after every game. Beating the #1 team is a feat worth rushing the field. It was just a stupid move this year for obvious reasons.

8 hours ago, D82 said:

Man...gotta think if Lawrence is in there this game is entirely different. 

In terms of passing, DJ did as good as Lawrence could have.

I think Clemson needed Lawrence legs though.

Question, if this scenario happens, who is your top 4?

Florida beats Alabama close.

Clemson beats Notre Dame close.

Edited by candyman93

41 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

In terms of passing, DJ did as good as Lawrence could have.

I think Clemson needed Lawrence legs though.

It’d be a tough call. Would have to see who the next teams in line were.

53 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Florida and Bama would each have 1 loss and Florida goes to the playoff.

Clemson gets the nod over ND since they were missing the best player in the country in their first matchup.

An undefeated OSU goes.

So, you have a ND vs. Bama resume argument IMO.

The committee would honestly just decide what they wanted to do that last week. Past precedent should show that the final impression is what matters. So if one of those teams doesn’t look that great in the conference title game, that could be the difference. 

With all this said, it’s highly unrealistic for me to believe this scenario will take place, and I fully expect Alabama to beat Florida or whoever else they play in that game. 

4 hours ago, jrry32 said:

This is silly. Clemson rushes the field after every game. Beating the #1 team is a feat worth rushing the field. It was just a stupid move this year for obvious reasons.

It's ridiculous when they do it to. Unless it is a monumental upset no one should be rushing the field. It's just stupid.

Alabama has gotten the benefit of every vote going their way whether it’s the committee or whatever. There has not been a time where it was them or someone else where they have not been included. And I think past precedent plays a role, whether members are going to come out and say it or not. I’d be really surprised if they were left out in favor of a team like a Notre Dame in this situation. Not saying that’s what I would do necessarily, just saying. Anyways I really don’t think this will be the case anyways but it’s worth the hypothetical I guess. 

Also, quite plainly, if the committee is going to view Clemson’s loss with an asterisk because they didn’t have Lawrence, logic says that Notre Dame’s win over Clemson also has an asterisk. ACC (if that’s what we consider ND for the year) can’t have their cake and eat it too. 

59 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Maybe I’m a homer, but the only team I see as a 100% lock is Ohio State. I’ve seen nothing from the big 10 that leads me to believe they will be beaten.

My confidence in Alabama is 80%, because Florida will be tough.

After that, no idea.

Agreed as long as we play to our abilities. If Clemson beats ND in the ACC championship, then we'll have two ACC teams and an SEC champ? Seems about right.

Poor UC