Who gets the (W)?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the (W)?

• Chiefs
    • Texans
    • SNF's ratings will be down again
    • BDL stud SNF with the ratings bonanza

1 minute ago, mcmurtry86 said:

Is it a given among those who follow the Chiefs closely that Smith is gone at the end of the year?

Not anymore. It was definitely certain before the season. All talk of that is getting really quiet now though.

4 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Smith had as bad of luck as a QB could have in terms of rotating OCs and HCs in SF.  Very, very few QBs would succeed in that situation.  I think he had to learn 3 different systems in his first 3 years or something crazy like that.  

He has stability and weapons now.  

I believe it was 7 different offensive coordinators in 7 years. Jason Campbell is the only one that I can think of that had a very similar run. 

What we're seeing is the QB Alex Smith could have been all along if he had been the #24th overall pick in 2005.  He was a bust for a lot of years, and struggling as badly as he did for as long as he did on absolutely putrid 49ers teams with a rotating cast of coaches is what caused him to develop a style that limits mistakes.   If you watched the few playoff games Smith had in San Francisco, you'd know he could sling the ball when he absolutely needed to. 

5 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I just figured he got eye surgery this off-season. Maybe he was nearsighted?

lol that could be it. 

Similar to Bradford...he was always a little bit of a victim of circumstance. 

Just now, Forge said:

I believe it was 7 different offensive coordinators in 7 years. Jason Campbell is the only one that I can think of that had a very similar run. 

That's just pathetic.  I mean...how can you expect a QB to grow like that?  

1 minute ago, Forge said:

lol that could be it. 

Similar to Bradford...he was always a little bit of a victim of circumstance. 

Yep. Bradford and Smith both might have been top 5-10 QBs if they landed in better circumstances.

Archived