Multiple Members of Team test Positive

paraven

This means that while Lamar could play (assuming no symptoms) against the Cowboys, there won’t be any Snead nor Andrews... unless their body make miraculous recoveries and somehow can put together 3 negatives tests back to back prior to that game.

Hopefully with this positive test we’ve seen the last of our positive tests.

8 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

This means that while Lamar could play (assuming no symptoms) against the Cowboys, there won’t be any Snead nor Andrews... unless their body make miraculous recoveries and somehow can put together 3 negatives tests back to back prior to that game.

Hopefully with this positive test we’ve seen the last of our positive tests.

This has to solidify a week 18 game between us and the Steelers. 

17 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

I think the league will still look to go for Tuesday. If it were multiple positives, then maybe. But we know with the Judon and Andrews test the official statement was that those were expected based on contact tracing. So unless Snead was completely unexpected... which I’m not sure is the case... then I wouldn’t anticipate this to change anything. I’m sure the NFL won’t allow us to play in this game with guys that are expected via contact tracing and/or have tested positive themselves. I think even with a positive test tomorrow from both teams, the game could still go down unless both teams aren’t confident that they have a handle on their respective covid situations.

I think thats the bigger key here and why they pushed the game back in the first place, the fact that it really caught the Ravens off guard. They thought they had contained it after the game until they realized Ingram wasn’t patient zero but rather the S&C coach.

I really don’t think the NFL wants a week 18. It would only add an additional week to the season and increase potential risk for exposure to boot. It would be an additional week added during the flu season. It’s essentially just asking for trouble.

Edited by diamondbull424

3 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

I think you underestimate the desire of the NFL to just plough through and get the games done.

We've already seen games elsewhere where a team has had no QB (Denver this week), no LBs or no RBs (that Packers vs 9ers TNF game).  As long as there aren't ongoing positive tests, they'll make the game be played

• Like 2

10 hours ago, drd23 said:

I think you underestimate the desire of the NFL to just plough through and get the games done.

We've already seen games elsewhere where a team has had no QB (Denver this week), no LBs or no RBs (that Packers vs 9ers TNF game).  As long as there aren't ongoing positive tests, they'll make the game be played

Well good thing we've had 8 consecutive days of positive tests, then!

Although I'm sure the NFL will still just be like "meh, so what" and play the game anyways.

So I just figured I’d post an updated list here. Brandon Williams is a unique case. He was mentioned as only a close contact initially and went onto the covid list with Dobbins and Ingram, but that was on 11/23. He should’ve been taken off the list as early as 11/28. So either he was a close contact to additional players or he also tested positive for covid at some point within the last week.

The media mentioned there’s been a positive test for 8 straight days, so I’m guessing that and with Fluker coming off the list, Will Holden is one of the positive tests. It also looks like one of Young, Dorsey, and Bonds tested positive and the others are close contacts.

With Ricard and Madubuike, I think there’s a chance they were considered high risk close contacts. Though Washington going on the list the day after Madubuike and then coming off after three days would have me believe Madubuike is a likely positive. Cox being on the list, yet no other ST player makes me believe he also has it.

11/23- Monday: RB Mark Ingram II, RB J.K. Dobbins, DT Brandon Williams
11/24- Tuesday: LB Pernell McPhee
11/25- Wednesday: DE Calais Campbell, G/C Patrick Mekari, G/C Matt Skura
11/26- Thursday: DE Jihad Ward
11/27- Friday: QB Lamar Jackson, FB Patrick Ricard, DT Justin Madubuike, LS Morgan Cox
11/28- Saturday: OLB Jaylon Ferguson, G/T D.J. Fluker, G/T Will Holden, DT Broderick Washington, CB Tavon Young, CB Khalil Dorsey
11/30- Monday: TE Mark Andrews, CB Terrell Bonds, OLB Matthew Judon, WR Willie Snead IV

Green = Positive test, but Eligible vs Steelers
Orange = Positive test not confirmed, but good possibility.
Red = Confirmed positive test
Strikethrough = Off the covid list

Edited by diamondbull424

8 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

We have to have today and tomorrow be all negatives for it to be played, unless the NFL violates it's own protocols (which, at this point wouldn't surprise me).

Well this is the first night where it seems I haven’t gotten early news of a positive covid test. So I think that could potentially be a “good” sign. Though we’ll see how accurate this statement is midday tomorrow.

2 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Well this is the first night where it seems I haven’t gotten early news of a positive covid test. So I think that could potentially be a “good” sign. Though we’ll see how accurate this statement is midday tomorrow.

This entire week has been a weird blur. I won't believe there will be a game until I see RG3 taking the field lol

How beautiful would it be to beat the Steelers after all of this? Call me crazy, but I'm hopeful. Bring on the snow! 

Edited by baltimoreRebel
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

This entire week has been a weird blur. I won't believe there will be a game until I see RG3 taking the field lol

How beautiful would it be to beat the Steelers after all of this? Call me crazy, but I'm hopeful. Bring on the snow! 

I could certainly be wrong, but moving the date back the additional day should mean no snow. I would imagine the Steelers would have the field protected with tarp (or something) and then shovel the snow off it, leaving the field dry for game time. The weather appears to be in the mid to high 30s with a real feel in the low 30s with the wind chill from the 10 mph winds.

In terms of feeling hopeful, I’ll believe it when I see it. There’s definitely a path towards victory. With the Steelers backup RBs in the game, I could see the Ravens defenders looking to force a lot of turnovers with ball carriers, be it WRs or RBs. If our offense can run the football at a high level (and with Stephon Tuitt out that should help) as well as create opportune turnovers, such as we saw in the Colts game... than we’ve got a chance as long as RG3 can be a quality game manager. Our secondary players would have to show up big time, which they’re all capable of doing. But they’ll all have to be operating at a high level.

Interceptions and/or FRs would be crucial. I think inadvertently Judon being out could also potentially help as Bowser and Ngakoue are the superior pass rushers anyway. If we could get some pressure that could help inspire the turnovers.

But yeah, there’s definitely a formula present, but I’m not incredibly hopeful. I’ll need to see the team display that kind of mental toughness. It’ll also be critical for RG3 to survive through this game. Considering the game in week 17 last season, the Steelers made it their mission to abuse RG3 with some very late and questionable hits all game long. It was truly brutal what the refs allowed him to have to endure in that rainy win. With RG3 having the durability issues he’s had throughout his football career, it’ll be critical for him to pull through, else the rails could fall off with a rookie Huntley in there.

21 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

11/23- Monday: RB Mark Ingram II, RB J.K. Dobbins, DT Brandon Williams
11/24- Tuesday: LB Pernell McPhee
11/25- Wednesday: DE Calais Campbell, G/C Patrick Mekari, G/C Matt Skura
11/26- Thursday: DE Jihad Ward
11/27- Friday: QB Lamar Jackson, FB Patrick Ricard, DT Justin Madubuike, LS Morgan Cox
11/28- Saturday: OLB Jaylon Ferguson, G/T D.J. Fluker, G/T Will Holden, DT Broderick Washington, CB Tavon Young, CB Khalil Dorsey
11/30- Monday: TE Mark Andrews, CB Terrell Bonds, OLB Matthew Judon, WR Willie Snead IV
Green = Positive test, but Eligible vs Steelers

Orange = Positive test not confirmed, but good possibility. 
Red = Confirmed positive test 
Strikethrough = Off the covid list

Updated.

1 hour ago, drd23 said:

I think that while it may not be too big a deal for this game, it’s definitely good to see that Williams was simply on the list for being a contact and not actually having tested positive while on the list, like has happened to a few players on other teams this season. The idea of these 300+ lbs athletes getting covid makes me nervous for their future. Like not even on a football perspective, but just in terms of the life expectancy. Especially guys like Williams and Calais Campbell whom are in their 30s and have that additional size.