Multiple Members of Team test Positive

paraven

27 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Wonder if it’s Brandon Williams. They ruled him out with an ankle, but I wonder who could be the player they suspected as a potential positive. I’m also curious if it’s someone already on the covid list but hadn’t tested positive to that point. Was hoping the positive tests were behind them.

5 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Wonder if it’s Brandon Williams. They ruled him out with an ankle, but I wonder who could be the player they suspected as a potential positive. I’m also curious if it’s someone already on the covid list but hadn’t tested positive to that point. Was hoping the positive tests were behind them.

I don't think he'd have been off the COVID-IR list long enough to have been practicing/at the walkthroughs the last two days.  Couple that with the fact his ankle still isn't good to go and that makes it even less likely imo 

Random but I definitely think there’s something to be said for the fact that covid will have taken football away from enough of these players that perhaps it will give them a new found motivation.

Also random, but on the covid related aspect, Humphrey has not looked the same since coming back from covid, I hope there were no long term effects on his end that’s hampered him. He’s just seemed a half step slower since coming back.

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

Random but I definitely think there’s something to be said for the fact that covid will have taken football away from enough of these players that perhaps it will give them a new found motivation.

Also random, but on the covid related aspect, Humphrey has not looked the same since coming back from covid, I hope there were no long term effects on his end that’s hampered him. He’s just seemed a half step slower since coming back.

This is an attempt at creating something where there's nothing IMO. He's appeared fine to me. He's played pretty damn good all year. Care to provide any instances? I'm genuinely curious. 

24 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

This is an attempt at creating something where there's nothing IMO. He's appeared fine to me. He's played pretty damn good all year. Care to provide any instances? I'm genuinely curious. 

Is that poor wording? Because otherwise I’m not sure how you can tell me that I’m intending to create something where there is nothing.

Prior to going on the covid list, he was playing at a DPOY level. He was obviously creating more turnovers, but his coverage was also a bit more consistent.

I didn’t say he’s been bad, but his impact and activity hasn’t been at that same level. IIRC there was a critical play in the first Steelers game Juju broke Humphrey’s tackle, which was uncharacteristic (even if Juju’s tough to get down.) He was involved in the AJ Brown play last game as well... though AJB is probably on another level with his strength.

In this game Humphrey was targeted seemingly most of the game until late when they went after Tramon Williams. I don’t know how many receptions and yards he gave up nor how it compares to prior to covid, but his level of play looks more like rookie Humphrey than even the past season and a half.

Its PFF but prior to going out he was rated somewhere around a 75-77, whereas now they have him at only a 66.6, not including this games results I’m sure. So clearly that must mean his level of play has dropped enough that it has produced, in their ratings, enough decline to offset his earlier rating.

So there’s definitely evidence to suggest his play has declined. I’m not sure why that is. Whether his GF broke up with him, he’s up all night binging anime, or he’s suffering after effects from covid... he just doesn’t look like the same player to me.

9 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Is that poor wording? Because otherwise I’m not sure how you can tell me that I’m intending to create something where there is nothing.

Prior to going on the covid list, he was playing at a DPOY level. He was obviously creating more turnovers, but his coverage was also a bit more consistent.

I didn’t say he’s been bad, but his impact and activity hasn’t been at that same level. IIRC there was a critical play in the first Steelers game Juju broke Humphrey’s tackle, which was uncharacteristic (even if Juju’s tough to get down.) He was involved in the AJ Brown play last game as well... though AJB is probably on another level with his strength.

In this game Humphrey was targeted seemingly most of the game until late when they went after Tramon Williams. I don’t know how many receptions and yards he gave up nor how it compares to prior to covid, but his level of play looks more like rookie Humphrey than even the past season and a half.

Its PFF but prior to going out he was rated somewhere around a 75-77, whereas now they have him at only a 66.6, not including this games results I’m sure. So clearly that must mean his level of play has dropped enough that it has produced, in their ratings, enough decline to offset his earlier rating.

So there’s definitely evidence to suggest his play has declined. I’m not sure why that is. Whether his GF broke up with him, he’s up all night binging anime, or he’s suffering after effects from covid... he just doesn’t look like the same player to me.

It's hard for a CB to play at a DPOY level all year. CB is the hardest position to play in ball. You're right, there could be a number of reasons why he's not on a blistering streak like he was. He's still high level. He also had a forced fumble yesterday but it went out of bounds. I was just saying it was speculative at best. I just don't see Covid being the reason you're seeing these things. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30440402/robert-griffin-iii-wonders-player-safety-actually-being-taken-account-gutsy-matinee-loss

"I just feel like the league did their best. We did our best," Harbaugh said. "We didn't bat 1.000. Nobody did. The league didn't. Nobody did. You can't bat 1.000 against this thing. But I think our response, in terms of our effort, was a perfect effort."

I have REALLY felt for the players throughout this, with everyone (especially other fans) trying to pretend that it's collectively all of their fault for all of this rather than recognizing they're actually the victims here considering they're the ones getting sick. 

Same doesn't go for coaches though. This is one of the more pathetic things I've ever heard from Harbaugh. Perfect? Your idiot anti-mask staffer gave HALF OF OUR TEAM COVID. Both a public health and competitive disaster for the organization. And with statements like that you can see exactly why Saunders was able to do that in the first place. Absolutely pathetic from Harbaugh. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

And furthermore, the fact that nobody said anything to Saunders when he wasn't wearing a mask to me speaks volumes about the culture inside of that building, to allow that to happen.

I am curious as to who knew he was not wearing a mask, and when did they know it. So far I haven't found any reports. I know the Ravens are being investigated so I don't think we'll know more about it until later.

53 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30440402/robert-griffin-iii-wonders-player-safety-actually-being-taken-account-gutsy-matinee-loss

I have REALLY felt for the players throughout this, with everyone (especially other fans) trying to pretend that it's collectively all of their fault for all of this rather than recognizing they're actually the victims here considering they're the ones getting sick. 

Same doesn't go for coaches though. This is one of the more pathetic things I've ever heard from Harbaugh. Perfect? Your idiot anti-mask staffer gave HALF OF OUR TEAM COVID. Both a public health and competitive disaster for the organization. And with statements like that you can see exactly why Saunders was able to do that in the first place. Absolutely pathetic from Harbaugh. 

Every. Bit. Of. This. 

4 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

It's hard for a CB to play at a DPOY level all year. CB is the hardest position to play in ball. You're right, there could be a number of reasons why he's not on a blistering streak like he was. He's still high level. He also had a forced fumble yesterday but it went out of bounds. I was just saying it was speculative at best. I just don't see Covid being the reason you're seeing these things. 

He’s not even playing on the same level as last season though. There’s clearly a dip. I didn’t say that covid was what has caused this. I said he hasn’t looked the same since coming back and seems a half step slower; his reaction time hasn’t been as good. I’m not a scouting service nor watch All 22, but if it’s purely coincidental that his play has slipped, that’s of no great concern as I’m sure he’ll eventually bounce back.

But for his personal health, I hope it is strictly coincidental. I know young people who were in great shape that have suffered long term health impact from this illness. Whether he’s an NFL athlete or not, it takes a lot for one’s body to operate at an elite NFL level. Even a fractional impact the virus could have had on him, could impact his performance... and as a football player making ~$20m per I’m sure he would never complain, admit to it, or use it as an excuse.

But again, I never said it 100% is covid. But considering the timing, it’s at least plausible. Thus why I’m hoping he’s healthy and just shaking off some rust, similar to Orlando Brown Jr at the start of the season.

2 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

He’s not even playing on the same level as last season though. There’s clearly a dip. I didn’t say that covid was what has caused this. I said he hasn’t looked the same since coming back and seems a half step slower; his reaction time hasn’t been as good. I’m not a scouting service nor watch All 22, but if it’s purely coincidental that his play has slipped, that’s of no great concern as I’m sure he’ll eventually bounce back.

But for his personal health, I hope it is strictly coincidental. I know young people who were in great shape that have suffered long term health impact from this illness. Whether he’s an NFL athlete or not, it takes a lot for one’s body to operate at an elite NFL level. Even a fractional impact the virus could have had on him, could impact his performance... and as a football player making ~$20m per I’m sure he would never complain, admit to it, or use it as an excuse.

But again, I never said it 100% is covid. But considering the timing, it’s at least plausible. Thus why I’m hoping he’s healthy and just shaking off some rust, similar to Orlando Brown Jr at the start of the season.

Fair enough. 

I always feel like we butt heads in here. Which is weird to me considering I agree and like 99.9% of what you post. Never take me going against your opinion as a personal jab. Just wanted to make that clear

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Fair enough. 

I always feel like we butt heads in here. Which is weird to me considering I agree and like 99.9% of what you post. Never take me going against your opinion as a personal jab. Just wanted to make that clear

I don’t mind butting heads. I think I butt heads with the people who think most like me in general. Just imagine the devils advocate within my own mind.😆

But yeah, I figured it was just the delivery and my interpretation because it didn’t seem similar to your usual critiques of things. Which is why I was just looking to clarify. But it’s all good. I got it after your response but just was looking to clarify my point further there to eliminate confusion... as I can see where implicitly it seems I’m supposing covid has impacted his health, but that wasn’t entirely where I was going with it and felt I should clarify.

Edited by diamondbull424