Bigger New York Surprise? Jets in first or Giants at 0-5

Webmaster

Bigger New York Surprise?   

36 members have voted

1. 1. Bigger New York Surprise?

• Jets
    • Giants

Given the teams the Jets have played, I'd say the Giants are the bigger surprise. They've toed the line of total collapse for awhile but the degree of ineptitude their entire team has shown this year is surprising.

Probably need to clean house and rebuild but doubt they will.

4 minutes ago, Jags said:

Jets EASY! They are in the division with the NE Patriots. No one would've predicted this happening. Let's be serious. Especially after the Pats are coming off of a SB win. 

The Jets being 3-2 isn't really surprising given their schedule so far. 2-3 was probably the most reasonable projection, over-performing by 1 game isn't so surprising.

The Pats being 3-2 also shouldn't surprise people given their schedule and their issues on D.

1 minute ago, mcmurtry86 said:

The Jets being 3-2 isn't really surprising given their schedule so far. 2-3 was probably the most reasonable projection, over-performing by 1 game isn't so surprising.

The Pats being 3-2 also shouldn't surprise people given their schedule and their issues on D.

Consider this is the second time the Giants have started 0-5 in the last 5 years, when is the last time the Jets lead the Division heading into the 6th week of the season? 

11 minutes ago, mcmurtry86 said:

People were projecting this Jets team to be one of the worst in NFL history and how they have 3 players on their team that deserve to be in the NFL.

Just now, Malik said:

People were projecting this Jets team to be one of the worst in the NFL and how they have 3 players on their team that deserve to be in the NFL.

They are one of the worst in the NFL. They've also played Blake Bortles, Jay Cutler and the Browns. Beating Cleveland and one of Buffalo/Jacksonville/Miami should have been a reasonable expectation coming into the year. The Browns are absolutely dreadful, the Jags have trash at QB and the Jets always seem to win a division game or 2.

They'll probably end up 6-10 or something, with a top 5-7 pick. Their schedule gets a whole lot harder going forward.

1 minute ago, mcmurtry86 said:

They are one of the worst in the NFL. They've also played Blake Bortles, Jay Cutler and the Browns. Beating Cleveland and one of Buffalo/Jacksonville/Miami should have been a reasonable expectation coming into the year. The Browns are absolutely dreadful, the Jags have trash at QB and the Jets always seem to win a division game or 2.

They'll probably end up 6-10 or something, with a top 5-7 pick. Their schedule gets a whole lot harder going forward.

Worst in the history of the NFL?

1 minute ago, Malik said:

Worst in the history of the NFL?

Anyone who said the Jets would be one of the worst in the history of the NFL probably hasn't watched a lot of football or is biased.

They have a bad roster but they're your run of the mill bad team.

I'm more surprised that the Jets managed 3 wins for the entire season, let alone in the first 5 weeks. That's far more surprising to me. Given the Giants schedule to open the season, the initial injury to OBJ, I'm not super surprised on the 0-5 start. That would have been like a 6 on the surprise o meter. The jets with 3 in 5 weeks is seriously like an 8.5 for me. 

Jets are a bigger surprise.  I didn't think they'd win 3 games all season.  

The Giants had one good offensive lineman and no run game coming into the season.  Plus, a defense that was very unlikely to live up to last year.

Oh, and an aging QB that could decline drastically at any time.  And two distraction diva WRs.  

I'm really not all that surprised about the Giants.  They need to blow everything up. 

6 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Jets are a bigger surprise.  I didn't think they'd win 3 games all season.  

The Giants had one good offensive lineman and no run game coming into the season.  Plus, a defense that was very unlikely to live up to last year.

Oh, and an aging QB that could decline drastically at any time.  And two distraction diva WRs.  

I'm really not all that surprised about the Giants.  They need to blow everything up. 

Why?

Jets by far for me.

Giants have no running game, the worst offensive line in the league, a dead arm statue of a QB, and a terrible head coach. I saw their demise coming a mile away. Defense may win championships but it doesn't score you many points

Archived