Among Us Mafia - Imps win

rackcs

On 12/1/2020 at 7:13 PM, MWil23 said:

Beavis

On 12/1/2020 at 7:32 PM, Beavis said:

What'd I miss?

On 12/1/2020 at 7:43 PM, MWil23 said:

Huh 🤔...

IMO this was absolutely the most telling and blatant scum entrance early on, even moreso than the Matts info. I ended up moving to the "skip" vote because of sheer numbers/probability in such an unknown setup/game and how in a 10 player game we couldn't afford to go down 2 early, and I thought Town would follow.

I was a 1 shot Gladiator, and I was going to D2 setup a Beavis vs. Malfatron vote line. The Beavis case is above, but as for Malfatron, I thought he was memeing pretty hard again, and the late switch and his "It's Matts" vote was pretty telling.

Granted, by the time I woke up to do this, @SwAg may have already been hammered by Town, who in my opinion, played this as badly as I've ever seen Town play, aside from @swoosh, who was pretty spot on all game. Let's check this out:

*Town couldn't do basic math in a 10 player setup with an unknown number of imposters by skipping D1

*Town then decided to blitz SwAg without so much as a night invest/move and allowing SwAg to talk...which not only is inherently stupid in and of itself at any point, but then you forego any would be information, risk a mislynch to go down 3 in a 10 player setup, making it 4 with the kill (and game over in this case), all for...what reason again?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, swoosh said:

let's be honest, the only reason you won was because there were 3 of you. 

Walking into scum chatty and reading the "we gotta kill MWil" from @Beavis on the panic and realization of what he had done/knew I would push was hilariously infuriating. 

• Like 1

Also, the true winners here are @Malfatron and @squire12, as this is now the 3rd consecutive game that Malf has been scum and killed me N1. Why Squire, you ask? Well, I now understand why it's frustrating getting killed early on in Mafia, and after the way I've memed his killings this year, I have it coming. It's poetic justice really. Malfatron is the scum hero in this story.

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

@rackcs I loved the theme and your games always rock. :)

Yeah I definitely plan on tweaking this and running it again. I planned on doing multiple Among Us mafias. Either two impostor setup or doing the indy 3rd impostor thing like Blue said, I liked that idea. This theme lends itself to reusable quick games. Can use any of the three maps too. It'll definitely be a bit before the next one though. I thought because this game was simple, I would have time for it but I still couldn't even get in on time yesterday. This year just sucks.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Yeah I definitely plan on tweaking this and running it again. I planned on doing multiple Among Us mafias. Either two impostor setup or doing the indy 3rd impostor thing like Blue said, I liked that idea. This theme lends itself to reusable quick games. Can use any of the three maps too. It'll definitely be a bit before the next one though. I thought because this game was simple, I would have time for it but I still couldn't even get in on time yesterday. This year just sucks.

It's all good man! It's been a tough year. I hope all is well.

Is there really anything inherently wrong with evicting Swag before he has a chance to speak in most games? I mean, dude was red lettered in Orca's game and lived for like 3 more days. His verbal gymnastics are strong and he can typically talk himself out of spots regardless of whether he's town or scum. Sometimes I feel like if you want to target Swag, you just shoot your shot and the best way to get that to happen is to blitz him before he can talk. It just cuts both ways lol.