USMNT Thread: Wandering in the Wilderness

LeeEvans

• 1 month later...
On 5/16/2023 at 9:51 AM, mse326 said:

What do you guys know about Florian Balogun? Does he fix the team's striker issue?

Hard to say. He’s only done it one year in a B level league. But he’s done more than any other US striker in a single season before, with the exception being maybe Dempsey. But Balogun is only 22 and shows more physical tools as well. I’d imagine he’d go straight to first team starter after his settling period.

• 4 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Unserious federation

They made an interesting point at halftime that because of the equality for men’s/women’s pay we can’t really afford to pay a coach enough to get a higher quality coach. I don’t know exactly how the agreement works….

Just now, packerstk7 said:

They made an interesting point at halftime that because of the equality for men’s/women’s pay we can’t really afford to pay a coach enough to get a higher quality coach. I don’t know exactly how the agreement works….

I'm sure that's absolutely 100% factual 

Berhalter coming back to head the team after a dominant summer tourney win(coached by someone else) where coincidentally Reyna, Pepi, and Scally all shined and post a run at the Gold Cup is just..... indescribably bizarre.  

The man was outed as an abuser in retaliation by Gio's parents after he attempted to smear their son's name publicly. In what universe is this supposed to work out? How do you 'repair' that relationship?

Love to see the squad playing how they are and our young talent making good on deserved opportunity, but the news of a Berhalter return is a vibe killer. The man's apologists are insufferable as well, 'coach culture' in the US is too pervasive. Too many grown men spending Fathers Day weekend polluting every celebratory and analysis post about the game with their "AckuShaLLy" paragraphs extolling the virtues of Berhalter, cause they can't handle a man they don't know being mocked. Just enjoy the win weirdos. 

Gold Cup up next, Jamaica this Saturday.