USMNT Thread: Wandering in the Wilderness

LeeEvans

12 hours ago, RamRod said:

mexhandball.jpg

This wasn't a handball?

Can someone explain to me the head injury stuff here?

Because Messi got redcarded for making contact with a guy's head when the other guy was 100% the aggressor. So, assuming that's a zero tolerance policy kind of thing?

Then why did a Mexican player get to stick his knees on Altidore's back, then push the back of his head into the ground? 

41 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Then why did a Mexican player get to stick his knees on Altidore's back, then push the back of his head into the ground? 

Because it was Mexico in CONCACAF?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Big game tonight. Need to make a statement and get some confidence before WC qualifying starts up.

Since I'm stuck here at work, even a "this how they've looked over the last X minutes" would be appreciated. :)

31 minutes ago, Woz said:

Since I'm stuck here at work, even a "this how they've looked over the last X minutes" would be appreciated. :)

We actually had one of the longest stretches of possession I have ever seen against Mexico, but then our LB gets nutmeged to give up a cross. and nobody marked Chicharito who put in an easy header. 

Also we just had a bad turnover near our box and Tecatito put an easy goal over the crossbar. Bad miss.

Mexico is better.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Woz said:

Thanks for the rundown. Any one standing out (for good or ill)? Obviously giving up a easy goal does not reflect well on the defense, but was it just a mental lapse or do they just look off?

The last 25 minutes of the first half were really rough.

pulisic is amazing as usual, but else nobody stands out at all. Trapp has been completely invisible and out of position, and Steffen has been terrible when trying to distribute.

• 1 month later...

I'm past the point of even being outraged. USSF is rotten to its core and if 2018 wasn't enough for them to change things away from their self-serving status quo, nothing ever will. We literally hired the federation boss's brother as manager without even conducting a search lol they're not even trying to hide the grift.