From "The Guy of the Guy"

KingTitan

9 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

It’s not that it’s y’all not looking at the big picture here. The chiefs game pretty much showed the the trust the coaching staff has in Tannehill, you have a QB with all da weapons around him & you still didn’t put the ball in his hands & let him win the game. Think about it, sure brady isn’t elite we know he’s not the Tom Brady of old but he had a far less talented supporting cast still threw over 4k yards & took some bums to the playoffs, Tannehill can’t do that it’s a reason Miami traded him. Give Tom Brady what Tannehill has to work with & see how easier life gets for Derick Henry how defenses think twice about loading the box, watch how we get our moneys worth in a slot WR we gave 36 mill, watch AJ become one of the next best WR’s watch we finally get some that says 1st round talent out of Corey Davis & watch Jonnu smith arrive 

Wait, we’re talking big picture while advocating a 43 year old QB that has gotten worse down the stretch in each of the last two seasons and has never played for anyone other than literally the greatest coach in the history of football?

Brady isn’t good anymore. That’s what it comes down to. He’s a thoroughly average QB with no mobility, constantly diminishing arm strength, and he doesn’t see the field as well as he used to. Add in that our passing game thrived in large part because of Tannehill’s success throwing into tight windows (ranked in the the top five in pass attempt percentage in tight windows and led the league by a wide margin in completion percentage above expectation) and I’m just not sure where a weak armed Brady is a better fit.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Ask not what brady could do for the titans ask what Ryan Tannehill could do for the patriots with that exact same roster brady has 🤔🤔🤔

With the greatest coach in NFL history and the best defense in football? Probably win a Super Bowl. Definitely put up more than 13 points on our average defense.

17 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

With the greatest coach in NFL history and the best defense in football? Probably win a Super Bowl. Definitely put up more than 13 points on our average defense.

Once again he’s not elite anymore he’s at a point in his career his supporting cast has to be good. Tannehill wasn’t sh*+ till he got him a supporting cast you put Tannehill on NE they don’t win half the games they won, Brady had no run game no WR, no Oline still put up 4k yards passing 24 TD’s still carried his team. Tannehill plays off of Derrick Henry tell me when has Tannehill attempted 35 passes in a game. Tannehill has a stronger arm & mobility that’s it can’t read a entire field though & carve up a defense from the pocket 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

Once again he’s not elite anymore he’s at a point in his career his supporting cast has to be good. Tannehill wasn’t sh*+ till he got him a supporting cast you put Tannehill on NE they don’t win half the games they won, Brady had no run game no WR, no Oline still put up 4k yards passing 24 TD’s still carried his team. Tannehill plays off of Derrick Henry tell me when has Tannehill attempted 35 passes in a game. Tannehill has a stronger arm & mobility that’s it can’t read a entire field though & carve up a defense from the pocket 

I agree with you. I think any decent  qb with a good arm and someone who isn’t hesitant and doesn’t make a lot of turnovers gives us the same result as Tanny. I don’t think he’s that great he’s just an average nfl qb. I think our team made him more than he made our team. Marcus just sucked the last two years. I’m not big on investing 25-30 mil for a game manager type qb. Regardless of age or decline anyone not wanting Brady over Tanny I think is ridiculous. He brings relevance to the titans when they have had none for 4 years with 4 9-7 teams. I like the underdog role yes but to get the goat for two years regardless of how he plays and the field general he is would create a huge buzz that excites me. When you say Tanny for 2 years I think this year was our ceiling. No one respects him nationally and why ppl still looked at us as a bottom feeder team saying henry was the reason we made it that far when we all know it was the mixture of the two. I see both sides of it but also after two years if we invest heavy in a qb we are gonna have tight cap numbers. Several big media members in nashville have made this point so that’s something to keep in mind on a 4/5 year contract for Tanny which grossed me out to think about having him that long. I just don’t ever see us being who we want to be with him even with how he played this year  and almost making it to the promise land. To me manning boosted the broncos franchise when it was blah since Elway. I wish we had something like that to actually make us a relevant respectable team which we have lacked since McNair and Eddie. I think we keep Tanny. It’s more realistic than Brady. I’m fine if we do because it means we aren’t totally rebuilding again but at the same time I’d pick Brady over Tanny any day of the week if it were an option. 

Edited by Adamc89

Mariota can't do anything with our offense.

Titans fans: "I'd like to see him with real weapons and a real scheme".

Tannehill takes over the same offense and leads us to the playoffs and puts up one of the historically best seasons a QB has had in the NFL.

Titans fans: "I think our offense carried him. I think basically any average QB could come in with our weapons and scheme and duplicate his success".

You all are flipping crazy.

• Like 3

If Brady ends up a Titan I think Dion Lewis is sticking around. They have experience together and did well together. Lewis is the exact kind of back Brady likes to have. If Tannehill comes back I think we bring Henry back. If Tannehill is gone though I don't know for sure if we will keep Henry. I mean it seems crazy I would expect one of them is back but don't know for sure. I guess due to the importance of QB Tannehill has to be the priority but Henry was the real weapon for us this year especially the 2nd half. It's a tricky spot for the Titans.

IMO you franchise tag Henry if you can't get a reasonable deal done or go and get a RB like Melvin Gordon. The franchise tag for Tannehill would be 25 - 30 mil per year and I don't know if he is worth that.

Tannehill played great and certainly looked legitimate in this offense. However I have to wonder if we stick with the same scheme and him and Henry are back the element of surprise is gone. Can they still be successful even close to the same level?

Edited by Titan89

Just now, deeluxx3 said:

to those who completely don't want Brady:

Do you think that we can win a super bowl with Tannehill as our QB?

yes or no

I think our chances of winning a SB are much higher with Tannehill than Brady. And sure. Nick Foles won a SB. Jimmy G is about to play in one. 2019 Tom Brady won one.

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

Tannehill takes over the same offense and leads us to the playoffs and puts up one of the historically best seasons a QB has had in the NFL.

Titans fans: "I think our offense carried him. I think basically any average QB could come in with our weapons and scheme and duplicate his success".

I imagine that this is how you and @TitanLegend felt with the Henry argument, except I find this one far crazier given that there isn’t any emotional attachment involved.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

Image result for we all are a little crazy gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

New England had a good OL. They also had a run game, it just consists of safe, stat padding swing passes to running backs. Which I guess is why we’re talking about his passing yards? Tannehill could throw 35 times a game if we turned half of our run attempts into immediate throws to talented, shifty running backs in space.

And Tannehill wouldn’t have won half the games Brady did in New England last year? Hilarious. If you remove the pick six, the Patriots allowed 17 or fewer points in 14 of 17 games last year. In fact, Brady lost every single game in which the defense allowed more than 20 points. If you watched Tannehill last year and think he couldn’t win the same amount of games, you’ve lost your mind. They allowed 14 or fewer points in 10 of their first 11 games, hell, Marcus could have QB’d them to 10-1.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, titans0021 said:

At this point, I’m convinced that the gameplans in the playoff (which is in no way a sustainable offense for a full season) have somehow made people forget just how good Tannehill was this year. Every classic stat and advanced metric supports that.

Those same stats are also telling us that he will regress to the mean - or at least some kind of mean based on his career stats - and this is likely not what we should expect as his floor / average / standard. He rode an unbelievable hot hand but I do think the system is a good fit. 

The real question is he a good fit at $30-35M/year over 4-5 years? Probably not. You do that and you most certainly are cutting elsewhere, likely areas that helped that great run happen in the first place. If someone like Brady comes in and costs something like $20-25M and we can get out earlier (2-3 years max) you have to consider it. We need to draft an early QB between 2020 and 2021 regardless, so it's more a team construction and cap question than "Is X better than Y" flat out. Maybe he comes in and takes less to keep a solid core around him, but that's unlikely. I'm all for bringing him back, but I'd rather have Tom Brady + Logan Ryan (or insert other FA you like) than just Tannehill.  

Edited by VY