Jump to content
KingTitan

From "The Guy of the Guy"

Recommended Posts

Got a late text after being dark for a while....
"HC not happy with offensive production. Shake-up mumbled around. Nothing crazy but don't be surprised in OC changes before year ends."

also

"QB should go Monday."

As always take news from "The Guy" as rumor not gospel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Got a late text after being dark for a while....
"HC not happy with offensive production. Shake-up mumbled around. Nothing crazy but don't be surprised in OC changes before year ends."

also

"QB should go Monday."

As always take news from "The Guy" as rumor not gospel.

Good to hear. I'm still ok with having Marcus sit today, would be pretty disappointed if he wasn't ready in eight days.

Speaking only of today, I'm not entirely sure what Robiskie is supposed to do. Cassel is bad and presents no threat to opposing defenses with his legs or over the top. Anytime we were in anything resembling a run formation, there were nine men in the box.

Not to say that he called a great game, but I doubt it was his call to have a noodled-armed, immobile quarterback back up Marcus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What will getting rid of Robiskie do? It's Mularkey's system so.... That does nothing.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

What will getting rid of Robiskie do? It's Mularkey's system so.... That does nothing.

The flow of the game? More aggressive? Little things be changed can help.

But doom and gloom only nothing will help till we break it all down lol.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Missed this thread btw KT ! =)

Edited by VY-FTW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder if Mularkey is feeling some pressure to get it together? Midseason coordinator changes typically occur when a HC is feeling some heat and decides he is going to make a change before the GM/Owner either force him to or get rid of the HC all together. Will be curious to see how it all plays out in the coming weeks. Appreciate the insight @KingTitan!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tntitans4life17 said:

Wonder if Mularkey is feeling some pressure to get it together? Midseason coordinator changes typically occur when a HC is feeling some heat and decides he is going to make a change before the GM/Owner either force him to or get rid of the HC all together. Will be curious to see how it all plays out in the coming weeks. Appreciate the insight @KingTitan!

Our owner hand picked Mularkey. He's not going anywhere anytime soon. The titans org is a "family" now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's a common misconception that this is Mularkey's offense.  Sure he definitely has influence.. and has a general oversight of everything... but he's not in charge of play calling... Robiskie is up in the booth to have more immediate access to video and analysis.  

But if we're really considering a change in OC and possibly DC, the might as well get the whole staff changed.  I'd love if the FO went out and took a risk with an unproven guy (at least in the sense of no HC experience), the way the Rams did with McVay or the Bills with McDermott... but it's a risk... and if it doesn't pay off, it's a bunch of the same... fans complaining... wasting of Mariota's early prime... etc.  

ESPN has this list as their "Next Wave"... D Loggains, T Austin, M Patricia, M Vrabel, JB Cooter, and E Bennett.  It's crazy, cuz all of those guys units have had their struggles this year.  I don't know if there's anyone in that group that really stands out (Cooter was a guy I liked, but the Lions offense has been sluggish... less total yards than us, less yards per play than us, and only 2 points per game more than us, and that's with Mariota sitting 6 quarters)... 

The retreads list is even less appealing... McDaniels, Shurmur (could be interesting), Callahan, Spagnuolo, Cable, M Smith, with Schwartz and Munchack also making the list.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Our owner hand picked Mularkey. He's not going anywhere anytime soon. The titans org is a "family" now 

Don't forget... our golden boy GM accepted him as well.  If he really didn't like him, didn't think he'd be successful... then why would he take the job?  As an up and comer name, he wouldn't have waited long for his next shot, especially considering the Bucs are right there alongside us as the most improved teams the past 1.25 seasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Don't forget... our golden boy GM accepted him as well.  If he really didn't like him, didn't think he'd be successful... then why would he take the job?  As an up and comer name, he wouldn't have waited long for his next shot, especially considering the Bucs are right there alongside us as the most improved teams the past 1.25 seasons.

I was crucified for this sentiment once both hires were made. I'm yet to give up on JRob, but you've made some solid points around the mess he made this offseason for sure, Rage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand Mularkey doesn't call the plays, but I do believe this is largely his scheme that we are running and he brought in Robiskie because he knows he had similar views.

I would like to see an OC with a conflicting background brought in. Maybe not as extreme as Chip Kelly, but one who prefers to spread the field horizontally and go up tempo. I would like to combine that with Mularkey/Robiskie's multiple motion, multiple TE, misdirection run offense. Maybe there won't be enough middle ground for that to be successful, but I think if those two offenses could meet in the middle, especially given Mariota's strengths and background, it could be very potent. 

Honestly, that's similar to what the Patriots do now. The Chief's also do something similar to this. Their rushing scheme's are very similar to ours, but with more elements of a west coast offense and more spread formations mixed in the passing game.

Defensively, Lebeau needs to hang up the whistle. I don't care if it's a 3-4 or 4-3, but we have to figure something else out and add some more CBs who can cover.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I would like to see an OC with a conflicting background brought in. Maybe not as extreme as Chip Kelly, but one who prefers to spread the field horizontally and go up tempo. I would like to combine that with Mularkey/Robiskie's multiple motion, multiple TE, misdirection run offense. Maybe there won't be enough middle ground for that to be successful, but I think if those two offenses could meet in the middle, especially given Mariota's strengths and background, it could be very potent. 

agreed. our running game is one of the most multiple and effectively schemed in the NFL, and our TE usage is great. there are good pieces here, we just suck at opening it up and doing anything worthwhile with our passing game. we need to be able to move toward a "power spread" type deal- i think that can be done very well with the pieces we have, but we need somebody who actually knows how to scheme an effective passing game. with each passing week, my doubt that that's robiskie grows stronger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the way I read into it, I don't think this is a threat to Murlakey. It's an frustration in the way the offense is working. Not just today. Let's not forget our Redzone offense this year hasn't been good this year. Overall, this offense hasn't performed like it should, despite more weapons.

Murlarkey replaced his own hires when he felt the need too. (Special Teams Co. comes to mind).

The offensive passing game needs to see some more flavor in my opinion.  
I curious how this turned into Robinson having to take Murlakey talk....lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×