Jaguars 2021 Official Draft Thread - News and Notes

.Buzz

2 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

I still think the best move after getting Lawrence vis trading something like 25+33+45 next year's 2nd for 4/5 and grabbing pitts

I like Pitts, but that would be a huge price to pay.  You're right about Pitts though - he's going to be a good one.  Very possibly even a Hall of Famer.  As a prospect, he is kind of like Megatron.  Even though he has never taken a snap, you can just tell that he is going to be a great player in the league.

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

I like Pitts, but that would be a huge price to pay.  You're right about Pitts though - he's going to be a good one.  Very possibly even a Hall of Famer.  As a prospect, he is kind of like Megatron.  Even though he has never taken a snap, you can just tell that he is going to be a great player in the league.

2 interesting comps for ya.  Mike evans and darren waller.   

I'm a fan of making sure we get the best prospect at our 2nd biggest need.  Obviously need 1 is qb.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

2 interesting comps for ya.  Mike evans and darren waller.   

I'm a fan of making sure we get the best prospect at our 2nd biggest need.  Obviously need 1 is qb.  

Yep.  Pitts looks like he might be better than either one of those two.  There is no doubt that he would be a great piece to add to our offense for the next decade.  It would be awesome.  It's just hard to know what price is worth paying to move up.

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

Yep.  Pitts looks like he might be better than either one of those two.  There is no doubt that he would be a great piece to add to our offense for the next decade.  It would be awesome.  It's just hard to know what price is worth paying to move up.

If he hits his emense potential which seems possible with an elite qb it doesn't matter what we gave up. 

Picks are just picks. Look at the picks when the browns were trading and collecting 1st. 

Just now, LinderFournette said:

If he hits his emense potential which seems possible with an elite qb it doesn't matter what we gave up. 

Picks are just picks. Look at the picks when the browns were trading and collecting 1st. 

True.  I know what you're saying.  It's really tempting. 

One way you could look at it is that if we did get Trevor and Pitts and were able to keep our other picks, it wouldn't even matter if all the rest of them were busts.  It would still have been an incredible draft that pretty much every other football fan would kill for.

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

One way you could look at it is that if we did get Trevor and Pitts and were able to keep our other picks, it wouldn't even matter if all the rest of them were busts.  It would still have been an incredible draft that pretty much every other football fan would kill for.

Yep. Tho Id imagine our staff could develop some of the other picks. 

I made a mock based on the huge pitts move.