Week 13 GDT vs Chiefs

champ11

15 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Don’t have to change everything.  Change the QB.

Vet will surely come in but if a vet is coming in to compete, it better not be some journeyman who we already know the outcome.  Bring me a vet with upside.  A former good prospect who was grossly mismanaged.  Bring me Sam Darnold to compete.

I was at training camp mid August 2019 (first time I’d ever went, great experience and will go again), but in that practice Lock was not an NFL QB.  He was the worst QB on the roster and it was embarrassing to the point where I felt bad they kept giving him reps.  I posted it multiple times in the forum and I was someone thrilled with his selection on the 2nd round and would’ve been fine taking him at #10 overall that year.

He came in at the end of last year, won games, and maybe bigger than anything had that game vs Houston where he looked like a long term QB.

Other than that Houston game, he’s been bad.  90% of the time he looks like the guy I saw in camp than the one vs Houston.  He literally made 3 good throws on the entire night.  Throw 1 to Fant.  The TD to Patrick, and the crosser Hamler dropped.  

He’s not a starting caliber QB right now if you want to be a winner and it really isn’t even close.  

Just now, elliot878 said:

Vet will surely come in but if a vet is coming in to compete, it better not be some journeyman who we already know the outcome.  Bring me a vet with upside.  A former good prospect who was grossly mismanaged.  Bring me Sam Darnold to compete.

100% agreed.  I like Darnold and think it wouldn’t even be a competition, he would win the job easily over Lock.

Posted this somewhere else, but haven’t seen enough of Wilson, Lance, Trask to have a opinion, but I’d obviously take Lawrence/Fields over Lock as well as Darnold and Wentz may be an option as well.  Obviously financials come into play, but just some names.

Just now, champ11 said:

How do you go for two, go for a 57 yard FG, and then do that 

As has been said, Vic trusted the defence more than the offence (read: quarterback). Going for two is simple: if KC scores a TD, Vic thought it was more likely that they could block an XP than the offence get into FG range. 

Watch that final drive and tell me he’s wrong.

26 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Don’t have to change everything.  Change the QB.

But with whom? That’s the issue. if it was Trevor Lawrence I’d be all for it. If Maholmes was on the market, sure. Aaron Rodgers? Sign me up. 

But it’s not. I’m not rolling the dice on any flash in the pan rookie given that college football has been a total, unmitigated, completely embarrassing s***show this year. 

I’m not going down the washed up veteran route again and the only potential one worth a look - Stafford - won’t come here; we’re not the 2012 Broncos when Peyton flew into town and saved Ellis’ job for 5 years. 

The team will be sold in the next 12-15 months. We ride with this crew, warts and all, for another year, with a real off-season, and evaluate then. I’m not saying it’s optimal, I’m saying how it is. 

Edited by AnAngryAmerican
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, champ11 said:

That ship has already sailed brother 

You’re right, Deuce, you are.

But like I just said to germ, we’re not going to spend another year rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic when the Carpathia is just an hour away. We just have to hope her life boats float. 

(and if I tortured that metaphor any more, you guys could report me to Amnesty International). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

But with whom? That’s the issue. if it was Trevor Lawrence I’d be all for it. If Maholmes was on the market, sure. Aaron Rodgers? Sign me up. 

But it’s not. I’m not rolling the dice on any flash in the pan rookie given that college football has been a total, unmitigated, completely embarrassing s***show this year. 

I’m not going down the washed up veteran route again and the only one - Stafford - won’t come here; we’re not the 2012 Broncos when Peyton flew into town and saved Ellis’ job for 5 years. 

The team will be sold in the next 12-15 months. We ride with this crew, warts and all, for another year, with a real off-season, and evaluate then. I’m not saying it’s optimal, I’m saying how it is. 

There is a point there.  Personally, I’d still be aggressive, weird year or not, this team seems to always wait at QB to see what happens.  

I just don’t see it with Lock.  Could be wrong and plenty of guys have made drastic changes, but I think what we’ve seen is what we have.

3 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

You’re right, Deuce, you are.

But like I just said to germ, we’re not going to spend another year rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic when the Carpathia is just an hour away. We just have to hope her life boats float. 

(and if I tortured that metaphor any more, you guys could report me to Amnesty International). 

I hear you bro. End of the day I prefer Lock to a retread or anyone that isn’t a premium talent. We just need that franchise QB. Same as it ever was 

11 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

As has been said, Vic trusted the defence more than the offence (read: quarterback). Going for two is simple: if KC scores a TD, Vic thought it was more likely that they could block an XP than the offence get into FG range. 

Watch that final drive and tell me he’s wrong.

Lose / lose I suppose 

1 minute ago, germ-x said:

There is a point there.  Personally, I’d still be aggressive, weird year or not, this team seems to always wait at QB to see what happens.  

I just don’t see it with Lock.  Could be wrong and plenty of guys have made drastic changes, but I think what we’ve seen is what we have.

Also, I’m guessing the financial value of your franchise increases if you’ve got The Guy playing quarterback already. I wonder if Ellis would get aggressive for Dak if the Cowboys get into QB range at the draft. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:If you are Elway, do you return next year? I don't see how he could (I don't think that Ellis will fire him. Ellis needs Elway a lot more than Elway needs him).

One thing I know about John, he’s not a quitter. After a few bad years, he seems to have righted the ship and put together a decent roster with high upside. 

And you’re 100000% right that Ellis needs Elway more than Elway needs him. Ellis is a gutless, feckless, inept, incompetent coward. The very, very, very last thing he wants is to be the face of the franchise. He’ll let Elway take the heat (look at Broncos Twitter), collect his seven-figure salary and wait for his golden parachute and his “job” and it’s corresponding, albeit meaningless, title his buddy Goodell will give him at NFL HQ. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Also, I’m guessing the financial value of your franchise increases if you’ve got The Guy playing quarterback already. I wonder if Ellis would get aggressive for Dak if the Cowboys get into QB range at the draft. 

Didn’t even think about Dak, but that would be a massive upgrade.