Week 13 GDT vs Chiefs

champ11

30 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

It’s that and what Elliot says why I don’t think we should give up on him. 

Truth be told, and some of us might not to admit this yet, but 2021 is going to be a do-over of 2020. Vic will be back. Shurmur will be back. Drew will be back. And Ellis and Elway will be back. It’s 2022 when we could see a real change. Expect another draft of stocking young talent and an off-season spent developing the young talent we already have. 

Honestly, theres nothing wrong w that.  Especially when the core of our offense is almost entirely under 25 years old.

Lock’s got what 9 games in Shurmurs system?  Familiarity, time to mature and study his faults.  Time to gel with his receivers, every one of them this year who is basically new to him. 

Sutton, Jeudy, Hamler, Fant have still never been on the field all at the same time. 

Four of five of our OL you can write in with a Sharpie for the next 4 years.  This is the first time in a decade you can say that about Denvers OL.

Giving this another season to all come together is fine by me.  The talent is actually on the roster.  But, it really is all on Lock.  He needs to mature, needs to be self aware and analyze his play and decision making honestly.  Its sort of similar to Bolles.  Cut the absolutely dumb unnecessary stuff out of your game, and you’ve got a shot.

To all those saying “if a QB opportunity presents itself this offseason, take it” - sure, im fine w that.  Lets also level set expectations and for once give a guy a reasonable leash when he actually shows flashes.  Keep in mind only one QB has come into the league in the last decade and we knew just about immediately he was elite and was going to stay elite.  Mahomes.  Even for him, “right away” was halfway through his second season.

If we get lucky with a guy falling into our laps, awesome.  Im not opposed to seeing how the current situation develops and gels together, though.

• Like 1

Just now, bMiller031 said:

I still think it’ll be Lock + Vet QB + draft pick in camp next year

Yeah.  It’ll be interesting what Denver does and how aggressive they are at the position.  At the very least I think they bring in a veteran capable of winning the job and at the most they outright replace him.  He isn’t going to be competing against a Jeff Driskel and Brett Rypien next year, I guarantee you that.

The only thing that's inexcusable is the lack of improvement in critical areas.  His stat will look modest but he had no fewer than 4 TO worthy throws.

I think he'll be the favorite to be the 2021 week one starter.  He's shown some promise and *more importantly* there are enough extenuating circumstances (injury disruption, lack of training camp, new offensive coordinator, new receivers, no cohesion, etc.) to account for part of his failings. 

Edited by bMiller031
  • Like 1