2K20: Game #12 - Denver at Kansas City

onejayhawk

Here's am article on snap counts. The OL of Fisher/Wylie/Reiter/Allegretti/Remmer played 100%/ TE2 continues to divide between Keizer and Yelder. Keizer is preferred in pass blocking and Yelder for run blocking. Bell and Williams split RB almost evenly. Beel with the bulk of the carries in the first half and Williams in the second. I wonder if there was a physical reason Bell did not have as much work after half. Watkins played essentially full time, but Hardman was only 33%. I wonder what's up with that. Sausage had only 2 plays other than special teams. He has been replaced by a TE in the backfield. 

On Defense, Nnadi played extensively, Wharton not so much. TK played less and Okafor more. Sneed seems to have won the CB3 spot outright. Fenton did not play except ST. Speaking of ST, Chris Lammons, a PS activation, played all the coverage and return down. With Do'D out, he may have an ongoing tole.
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2020/12/07/kansas-city-chiefs-denver-broncos-snap-counts-week-13/

2 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Here's am article on snap counts. The OL of Fisher/Wylie/Reiter/Allegretti/Remmer played 100%/ TE2 continues to divide between Keizer and Yelder. Keizer is preferred in pass blocking and Yelder for run blocking. Bell and Williams split RB almost evenly. Beel with the bulk of the carries in the first half and Williams in the second. I wonder if there was a physical reason Bell did not have as much work after half. Watkins played essentially full time, but Hardman was only 33%. I wonder what's up with that. Sausage had only 2 plays other than special teams. He has been replaced by a TE in the backfield. 

On Defense, Nnadi played extensively, Wharton not so much. TK played less and Okafor more. Sneed seems to have won the CB3 spot outright. Fenton did not play except ST. Speaking of ST, Chris Lammons, a PS activation, played all the coverage and return down. With Do'D out, he may have an ongoing tole.
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2020/12/07/kansas-city-chiefs-denver-broncos-snap-counts-week-13/

I’ve never seen Mahomes yell at somebody on the field as much as he does Hardman. Second only to Robinson lol  Wonder if that has something to do with it. I clearly remember a missed opportunity where he rounded off his route and didn’t come back hard enough and Mahomes missed him.

5 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

2 hours ago, Chiefer said:

I’ve never seen Mahomes yell at somebody on the field as much as he does Hardman. Second only to Robinson lol  Wonder if that has something to do with it. I clearly remember a missed opportunity where he rounded off his route and didn’t come back hard enough and Mahomes missed him.

The polish is just clearly not there on Hardman's route running. He has all the athletic ability in the world to get open, but he doesn't have the experience or field awareness or something to get to the spot he's actually supposed to be in, when he's supposed to be there. He tends to sit instead of come back to the ball, he's often in the wrong spot distance wise, as far as when he breaks on his routes, he's easily the worst of our main targets at adjusting when Mahomes scrambles, etc. With the way he throws some of those timing routes, a guy sitting back instead of cutting back towards the LOS, or running a route 2 yards too shallow or too deep, can be the difference between huge plays and INTs, so there's a lot of routes he can't just run with Mahomes until he gets that down. Hopefully he does, there's no reason he shouldn't be able to, but it's clearly not there yet. But the exact thing Robinson did that led to the INT against the Raiders is the kind of thing Hardman does very often.

He still has his value on jet sweeps, go routes, even posts, where precision isn't as big of a deal as just the physical ability to outrun the opposition. But he just doesn't offer the reliability and consistency that Hill, Kelce, or Watkins do on any precise cutting routes like slants, comebacks, ins, outs, etc.

2 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

The polish is just clearly not there on Hardman's route running. He has all the athletic ability in the world to get open, but he doesn't have the experience or field awareness or something to get to the spot he's actually supposed to be in, when he's supposed to be there. He tends to sit instead of come back to the ball, he's often in the wrong spot distance wise, as far as when he breaks on his routes, he's easily the worst of our main targets at adjusting when Mahomes scrambles, etc. With the way he throws some of those timing routes, a guy sitting back instead of cutting back towards the LOS, or running a route 2 yards too shallow or too deep, can be the difference between huge plays and INTs, so there's a lot of routes he can't just run with Mahomes until he gets that down. Hopefully he does, there's no reason he shouldn't be able to, but it's clearly not there yet. But the exact thing Robinson did that led to the INT against the Raiders is the kind of thing Hardman does very often.

He still has his value on jet sweeps, go routes, even posts, where precision isn't as big of a deal as just the physical ability to outrun the opposition. But he just doesn't offer the reliability and consistency that Hill, Kelce, or Watkins do on any precise cutting routes like slants, comebacks, ins, outs, etc.

We took him over DK Metcalf probably because we thought he could learn the route running nuances. It’s only his second year but it’s an issue for sure. Needs to go to Tyreeks WR training camp in the offseason if he can.

At least Demarcus runs a decent scramble drill

• Like 1