Rich7sena

The Carr Dilemma 2021  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with Carr in 2021

• Option 1: extend Carr
    • Option 2: trade Carr
    • Neither

9 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Exactly look at Pitt they were undefeated lost in the playoffs and are still looking to move on from Ben 

-det moving on from Stafford 

-gb drafted a 1st round qb with arod

mediocre is too close to losing We’ve been losing so long some of us think 8-8 is winning 

Yup, teams are taking more risks these days. Then some of comfortable in mediocrity.

I applaud Det for letting Stafford walk. He's a good QB, sure, but they weren't winning with him. Why continue with the status quo when you have years of evidence suggesting it won't work.

Chiefs drafted Machomes after winning the AFC west 3 straight years. Philadelphia just fired a SB winning coach three seasons later. Hell, the Cardinals drafted Rosen then a year later drafted Murray. 

Scared money don't make no money.

5 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Yup, teams are taking more risks these days. Then some of comfortable in mediocrity.

I applaud Det for letting Stafford walk. He's a good QB, sure, but they weren't winning with him. Why continue with the status quo when you have years of evidence suggesting it won't work.

Chiefs drafted Machomes after winning the AFC west 3 straight years. Philadelphia just fired a SB winning coach three seasons later. Hell, the Cardinals drafted Rosen then a year later drafted Murray. 

Exactly 

16 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

that was more the Lions showing Stafford empathy and giving him a chance to win elsewhere as opposed to pinpointing the QB as the problem and trying to improve the position. Only Raider fans do that. 

17 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I could also say that the offense needs to learn how to take more time off the clock when you are driving for the winning score.  Carr and our coaches have horrible clock management in those situations.  Carr did the same thing multiple times in 2016 and Mack always bailed him out.  You could also say that maybe the team should score TDs at the end of games because we know the defense is the weak link.  Miami was a terrible situation and I would not expect to see that for a while.  

We have invested so must to be a dominate power run team but we can run a 4 minute drill.  Drives me nuts.

stupid offense, scoring too fast. 

defense gets paid too, man up and get a stop with the game on the line. 

17 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I could also say that the offense needs to learn how to take more time off the clock when you are driving for the winning score.  Carr and our coaches have horrible clock management in those situations.  Carr did the same thing multiple times in 2016 and Mack always bailed him out.  You could also say that maybe the team should score TDs at the end of games because we know the defense is the weak link.  Miami was a terrible situation and I would not expect to see that for a while.  

We have invested so must to be a dominate power run team but we can run a 4 minute drill.  Drives me nuts.

This is just crazy talk now.  You're mad we scored what should've been the game winning drive and left time on the clock?  You do realize it's suicide to try to completely run out the clock while scoring at the same time right?  Like normal defenses should normally be able to keep another team from scoring when they have less than 2 minutes to score.  Our defense couldn't stop an offense with like 45 seconds on the clock.  Mack didn't bail Derek Carr out, the defense made the stops they were supposed to make to win games.  I could just as easily argue that Derek Carr bailed the defense out by getting those last minute TDs to win all those games.  Defense never should've given up so many points.  You're literally saying you're mad that we can execute a 4 minute drill in 2 1/2 minutes and that is a problem.  We score too quickly near the end of the game.  Some teams just can't score at all and then lose anyway.  At least we give our defense a chance to make a stop while we take the lead with just a few minutes left on the clock.  Again, this is just crazy talk now.  There's no logic here, just you saying that it is the offenses fault that the defense can't do their job.

• Like 1

Everyone wants an average defense until they get an average defense. Average defenses get scored on too in the NFL a lot. You cant just point at stats and say that's the issue. Their is variables with how much points the defense gave up in 2020, not just goal to goal drives.

- Nobody points to fumbles and TOs leading to easy points that gets pinned on the defense.

This is an offensive league with the rules catered towards scoring. 

-Raiders sticking with Carr is a sign that were comfortable with Mediocrity.

8 minutes ago, Jerry said:

They don't care about your facts.  Mahomes and Brady could've taken our bottom 3 defense to the SB and that is all that matters.

The biggest fact is that Carr has been the starter for 7 years and hasn't played in a playoff game. 

Time to reset and try something new

2 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Everyone wants an average defense until they get an average defense. Average defenses get scored on too in the NFL a lot. You cant just point at stats and say that's the issue. Their is variables with how much points the defense gave up in 2020, not just goal to goal drives.

- Nobody points to fumbles and TOs leading to easy points that gets pinned on the defense.

The biggest fact is that Carr has been the starter for 7 years and hasn't played in a playoff game. 

thankfully youre not the GM of the Raiders : ) Its not as black and white as you make it seem 
I understand people are frustrated with Carr, but, our GM and Coach seem to like him.

So while you may want him gone. . . It appears he will be our QB for next season. 
you can either Cheer for him to do well, or complain and post how he sucks every time he throws a pick. 

2 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

thankfully youre not the GM of the Raiders : ) Its not as black and white as you make it seem 
I understand people are frustrated with Carr, but, our GM and Coach seem to like him.

So while you may want him gone. . . It appears he will be our QB for next season. 
you can either Cheer for him to do well, or complain and post how he sucks every time he throws a pick. 

Or do both which is what the carr fan boys hate. Sure we want him to do well “if” he’s our qb cause that means the team will benifit but we’re not gonna blindly ignore his failures. 8-8 isn’t gonna cut it. 

2 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

The one year we had an average defense (2016) we went 12-4.

What is the new?  The Raiders would be crazy to move on from Derek Carr without a clear cut improvement at QB.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Geezy said:

that was more the Lions showing Stafford empathy and giving him a chance to win elsewhere as opposed to pinpointing the QB as the problem and trying to improve the position. Only Raider fans do that. 

I don't believe any of us Carr "detractors" have pinpointed and singled him out as the only problem with this team. Many acknowledge that he's a good quarterback, coming off one of, if not, his best year.

How good is he is the question. He just had his best year and he was still probably the 6th or 7th best QB in the conference, with young guns like Jackson, Mayfield, Herbert, Burrow breathing down his neck. Can we win long term with him and his shortcomings? Can we invest more into the defense and not revert back into a below average offense like we were the previous 3 seasons prior to last year? Can we maintain a good offense in the crucial months of December or do we tail off?

7 years in and we still don't know. His contract is coming up soon, too. 

4 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Or do both which is what the carr fan boys hate. Sure we want him to do well “if” he’s our qb cause that means the team will benifit but we’re not gonna blindly ignore his failures. 8-8 isn’t gonna cut it. 

Lol i dont think they hate it, just see past your "support" when he does well. 

I am fairly conviced after the KC game, a few of the big time Carr haters were pissed because they thought great he prob just secured his job for next year. 
That thought process isnt really doing both IMO. While you claim youre happy they won, it is clear you want the Raiders to go 4-12 and be forced to move on. 

12 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Carr is 47-63 as a starter with us. There's never been a blueprint of winning in the NFL with a QB who has lost that much

16 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

only 1 team has won a game in which the other team scored 30+ this postseason. DC led us to 7 wins with a defense that gave up 30 a week.