Rich7sena

The Carr Dilemma 2021  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with Carr in 2021

• Option 1: extend Carr
    • Option 2: trade Carr
    • Neither

1 minute ago, oakdb36 said:

I don't think any of our WRs are starting for the Bills.

But people want to throw money at Agholor.  He would be the #2 on the Bills.  Renfrow would get some play.  Who knows what Ruggs would do with a Allen.  I have pointed out already that the difference between Ruggs and Agholor is targets.  Waller is just as good and valuable as Diggs.  Allen accounted for half his teams rushing TDs and 25% of the rushing yards.  I think our run game is a little better if you take out the QBs.  Oline is a wash.

3 minutes ago, Jerry said:

When did I say Carr was better?  I just said DC played better against KC than Josh Allen and the Bills did this season.  I agree that our talent on offense is probably slightly better than the Bills.

Sorry but I misunderstood what you meant then.  I agree with your opinion.

Just now, drfrey13 said:

Sorry but I misunderstood what you meant then.  I agree with your opinion.

You're good man.  I could see how that would be implied.  I went back to my posts just to make sure I didn't say it lol, even I know Allen was the much better QB this season.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

But people want to throw money at Agholor.  He would be the #2 on the Bills.  Renfrow would get some play.  Who knows what Ruggs would do with a Allen.  I have pointed out already that the difference between Ruggs and Agholor is targets.  Waller is just as good and valuable as Diggs.  Allen accounted for half his teams rushing TDs and 25% of the rushing yards.  I think our run game is a little better if you take out the QBs.  Oline is a wash.

Diggs, Brown and Beasley are better than Agholor, Ruggs and Renfrow. As a group or individually. Brown went over 1000 last season, Agholor isn't taking his starting spot.

Edited by oakdb36

2 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Diggs, Brown and Beasley are better than Agholor, Ruggs and Renfrow. As a group or individually. Brown went over 1000 last season, Agholor isn't taking his starting spot.

Brown played poorly this year.  Beasley Diggs and Agholor would be a good group.  I also think that Ruggs would have a good chance to be better than Agholor if Carr looked his way more.  Agholor is better than Beasley but they do different things.  Kind of like saying Diggs is better than Waller.  He is not but they just do different things.  As far as TEs are concerned Moreau and possibly Witten would have been their #1 receiving TE.  They have better WRs and it is not even close when it comes to TEs for us.  Receiving threats you could say is a tie but I would still go with ours because we have more depth.  Oline is a tie.  We definitely have a better run game with out the QB.  Therefore with out the QBs we have a better offense.

4 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Brown played poorly this year.  Beasley Diggs and Agholor would be a good group.  I also think that Ruggs would have a good chance to be better than Agholor if Carr looked his way more.  Agholor is better than Beasley but they do different things.  Kind of like saying Diggs is better than Waller.  He is not but they just do different things.  As far as TEs are concerned Moreau and possibly Witten would have been their #1 receiving TE.  They have better WRs and it is not even close when it comes to TEs for us.  Receiving threats you could say is a tie but I would still go with ours because we have more depth.  Oline is a tie.  We definitely have a better run game with out the QB.  Therefore with out the QBs we have a better offense.

I see why you think our offense should be so good now.

19 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

I see why you think our offense should be so good now.

I think it should be better mostly based upon injuries but I also do not think we should spend on Agholor, not because he is a bad player, when we have Ruggs or waste money on a TE like Witten when we have Moreau.  Offense is good but not efficient in the red zone and we throw money at some players when it should be used on defense.  We could cut $30 million from the offense and not miss any production.  We have talent and Carr is a good QB but needs to get better.  He is not on the same level as Allen.  

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

I said he improved this but still needs to get better.  My statement was in response to someone saying Gruden does not want a QB that creates.

I would say we have better weapons than the Bills but there defense is a lot better than ours.  Allen is better than Carr statistically and when watching the games.  He makes stupid mistakes sometimes and last nights game was to big for him but he is also a 3rd year player.  His improvement from last year is huge and turned himself into a top 5 QB this year.  Allen accounted for 46 TDs and Carr had 30 with a lot more TOs.

I’m aware. And he still was mediocre when it mattered. Even more of a reason to be wary about buying lottery tickets.

31 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I’m aware. And he still was mediocre when it mattered. Even more of a reason to be wary about buying lottery tickets.

Crazy how good Rodgers and Allen played this season and they both just lost.  Its like having a great defense helps (TB/KC).

• Like 1

Just now, Jerry said:

Crazy how good Rodgers and Allen played this season and they both just lost.  Its like having a great defense helps (TB/KC).

Rodgers especially got screwed. He is truly elite. He can elevate everyone around him. Even his bum receiving group, which Gutekunst refused to add a talented vet/rookie to. If the Packers just had a veteran like Agholor or Emmanuel Sanders, I think they win that game. Instead of relying on 6th round draft picks like EQ St. Brown.

Allen is a long way off from that. I don't care what the numbers say. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

I think it should be better mostly based upon injuries but I also do not think we should spend on Agholor, not because he is a bad player, when we have Ruggs or waste money on a TE like Witten when we have Moreau.  Offense is good but not efficient in the red zone and we throw money at some players when it should be used on defense.  We could cut $30 million from the offense and not miss any production.  We have talent and Carr is a good QB but needs to get better.  He is not on the same level as Allen.  

I think Allen is better than Carr too. I don't think the talent on offense is as good as you do though. So obviously, the expectations won't be the same.

2 hours ago, Jerry said:

I believe his "moderate" improvement had more to do with us loading the offense up with improved weapons over three years and DC's understanding of the playbook.  I don't think "grow[ing] a pair" had anything to do with his improvement.

So explain Carr’s all it a sudden willingness to run then, Imo that takes guts. Or even taking a chance on bums like nelly which imo takes guts. Gruden brought it out of carr

Carr showed more guts this year than he has his whole career 

• Like 1

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

So explain Carr’s all it a sudden willingness to run then, Imo that takes guts. Or even taking a chance on bums like nelly which imo takes guts. Gruden brought it out of carr

Carr showed more guts this year than he has his whole career 

Definitely. I think he needs to push him more. He threw it down field more and held the ball longer this year too. Part of the reason I think he fumbled more. Being aggressive is a process.