Rich7sena

The Carr Dilemma 2021  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with Carr in 2021

• Option 1: extend Carr
    • Option 2: trade Carr
    • Neither

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I know y’all hate this but mm does have a better win loss record....

Keep spewing your worthless, flawed opinion....   I actually find it amusing and it kills time going back and forth with you ;)

Matt Schaub has a better win loss record than Warren Moon, let me guess in your mind Schaub is a better QB than HOFer Moon SMH

Goff a better W/L record than Watson.... Are you saying Goff is a better QB than Watson and if not why?  He wins more games and clearly that is a metric you use to gauge how good a QB is.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

This talk about DC is off base. I was straight hating him last year, but he played really well. We should have one focus. Improve the defense. If our offense plays exactly as it did, and we have an average defense we are in the playoffs. The only real offensive concern in my mind was the lack of running game at the end of the season. We need a couple OLine guys and a solid #2 RB. Otherwise, cut everyone who isn't living up to their contract (trent brown) and spend money again in free agency on the D while adding additional young defensive talent through the draft. QB is not on our list nor are we in the position to address that position.

• Like 2

Funny those who criticize Mariota, will make the same excuses for Carr. 

2016 he breaks a fibula

2017 he had a hamstring issue that limited his mobility all season

2018 he tried to play through a ridiculous amount of injuries including a nerve issue that gave him a tingly throwing hand, a neck stinger, broken rib, cracked vertebra, plantar facia with a full tear, sprained AC joint issue

His confidence, like Carr's pre-Gruden, was shaken from injuries. This is why he was rehabbing when he got to Vegas.

He also got the Alex Smith treatment.... 3 head coaches and 4 offensive coordinators with new offenses to learn. 

Anyway... not worth arguing, but the same excuses Carr received with injuries and coaching changes apply. Who knows what he could do with 3 years in a Gruden's system could do for him. It brought Carr back to his 2016 form

12 hours ago, ragingraider said:

This talk about DC is off base. I was straight hating him last year, but he played really well. We should have one focus. Improve the defense. If our offense plays exactly as it did, and we have an average defense we are in the playoffs. The only real offensive concern in my mind was the lack of running game at the end of the season. We need a couple OLine guys and a solid #2 RB. Otherwise, cut everyone who isn't living up to their contract (trent brown) and spend money again in free agency on the D while adding additional young defensive talent through the draft. QB is not on our list nor are we in the position to address that position.

I understand where you're coming from. However the thread should be about is whether we can get better at the QB position while also improving the team.

A major issue with the Offense was Redzone TDs ranked 23rd and Carr league leading fumbling issues despite only being sacked 26 times. The defense can be average and you'll  go nowhere if those are issues

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

I understand where you're coming from. However the thread should be about is whether we can get better at the QB position while also improving the team.

A major issue with the Offense was Redzone TDs ranked 23rd and Carr league leading fumbling issues despite only being sacked 26 times. The defense can be average and you'll  go nowhere if those are issues

This is objectively false. Even with redzone issues, Raiders were still 11th in ppg and 7th in points per drive. If the defense was ranked 18th in ppg, they would have won 11 games and made the playoffs. I showed that stat earlier. It's not arguable because the numbers don't lie.

6 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

This is objectively false. Even with redzone issues, Raiders were still 11th in ppg and 7th in points per drive. If the defense was ranked 18th in ppg, they would have won 11 games and made the playoffs. I showed that stat earlier. It's not arguable because the numbers don't lie.

Is the goal just to make the playoffs? Because they'd still be one and done. 

The top 4 offense in DVOA are playing today. With 4 of the top QBs in the league. The offense and Carr have to get a lot better if they want to be in the playoffs consistently and actually win when

12 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

The top 4 offense in DVOA are playing today. With 4 of the top QBs in the league. The offense and Carr have to get a lot better if they want to be in the playoffs consistently and actually win when

Absolutely. I still agree that the offense (and Carr) can be better. And I also think that these are arguably the 4 best rosters in the NFL. But we should at least bare minimum be getting into the playoffs.

27 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

23rd ranked TDs in the redzone is a stat

1st in QB lost fumbles is a stat

How are these false and what do they have to do with the defense you mention? 

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

2016 he breaks a fibula

2018 he tried to play through a ridiculous amount of injuries including a nerve issue that gave him a tingly throwing hand, a neck stinger, broken rib, cracked vertebra, plantar facia with a full tear, sprained AC joint issue

His confidence, like Carr's pre-Gruden, was shaken from injuries. This is why he was rehabbing when he got to Vegas.

He also got the Alex Smith treatment.... 3 head coaches and 4 offensive coordinators with new offenses to learn. 

Anyway... not worth arguing, but the same excuses Carr received with injuries and coaching changes apply. Who knows what he could do with 3 years in a Gruden's system could do for him. It brought Carr back to his 2016 form

Weren't you bashing the signing by mid season? Anyway, if the best we can expect is for Mariota to be at Carr's level in 2 years, just roll with the guy further ahead in the system.

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

23rd ranked TDs in the redzone is a stat

1st in QB lost fumbles is a stat

How are these false and what do they have to do with the defense you mention? 

You missed the point again. 23rd in RZ is a team stat. You tend to associate team and qb stats, when they are not the same. And there are a lot of reasons for it. Some of which I've gone through in depth in posts in GDT's after watching all 22 extensively. I'm sure you didn't read them.

Despite the RZ struggles we didn't make the playoffs because of the defense. Of the 10 teams in front of us in scoring, 9/10 made the playoffs.

If we're talking about the fumbles, that's a valid point. Carr fumbles too much. But so is the context. When you get strip sacked at full speed, it's hard to hold on to the ball. You wanna show us the fumbles you had the biggest problem with?

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

2016 he breaks a fibula

Carr also gets unprecedented chance after chance a luxury that no other qb In the history of the nfl besides his brother.

I’m interested with this Stafford forcing a trade thing because I thought of him and carr as similar cases but Stafford being better. So really curious about his trade value and how det is post Stafford.

I mentioned earlier I wonder this week who’d leave first carr or Stafford then boom

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

Carr also gets unprecedented chance after chance a luxury that no other qb In the history of the nfl besides his brother.

I’m interested with this Stafford forcing a trade thing because I thought of him and carr as similar cases but Stafford being better. So really curious about his trade value and how det is post Stafford.

I mentioned earlier I wonder this week who’d leave first carr or Stafford then boom

Will definitely be interesting. I'm hoping he doesn't go to Denver. They have a good defense and a ton of weapons on offense. Plus they get Sutton back next year

52 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

The goal is to ball or fall with carr. But their definition of “balling” is 8-8