Rich7sena

The Carr Dilemma 2021  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with Carr in 2021

• Option 1: extend Carr
    • Option 2: trade Carr
    • Neither

8 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

All thing’s considered if mariota was healthy and started all season how many games do you think we could have won honestly? 

Maybe 6. I basically look at us as a 6 win team this past year. I don't really view the Jets/Bronco games as wins, but more as giveaways by them. 

Carr is a better player and passer, but I think Mariotas skillet probably fits what Gruden likes more. We'd probably see alot more RPOs, read option plays, more rollouts. Jacobs definitely benefits from having a mobile QB, he'd have had a better season. Waller is Waller, I feel he'd ball out with anyone. Algholor would probably take a step back, but we don't really throw to our WRs anyway. Only the Ravens targeted their receivers less.

11 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I would add a RB to that list.  Booker is average at best, we really need another RB threat to take heat and wear away from Jacobs.  I would not be opposed to taking a flier on a Rb in rounds 4-7.  3rd possibly if we get incredible value as a good back slips. 

I've read a lot of posters say we need a running back that can bring the boom.  I want a RB that has 4.3 speed and can take it the distance.  Jacobs can get us those hard yards when he is healthy, we need a home run hitter IMO.

11 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I would add a RB to that list.  Booker is average at best, we really need another RB threat to take heat and wear away from Jacobs.  I would not be opposed to taking a flier on a Rb in rounds 4-7.  3rd possibly if we get incredible value as a good back slips. 

I've read a lot of posters say we need a running back that can bring the boom.  I want a RB that has 4.3 speed and can take it the distance.  Jacobs can get us those hard yards when he is healthy, we need a home run hitter IMO.

42 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Maybe 6. I basically look at us as a 6 win team this past year. I don't really view the Jets/Bronco games as wins, but more as giveaways by them. 

Carr is a better player and passer, but I think Mariotas skillet probably fits what Gruden likes more. We'd probably see alot more RPOs, read option plays, more rollouts. Jacobs definitely benefits from having a mobile QB, he'd have had a better season. Waller is Waller, I feel he'd ball out with anyone. Algholor would probably take a step back, but we don't really throw to our WRs anyway. Only the Ravens targeted their receivers less.

I would go with 4-5 personally.  I think the Chargers game really boosted Mariota's stock, but if you just look at his past seasons with Tennessee, the guy just couldn't get it done.  Just couldn't make plays.  He played lights out for 3 1/2 quarters, don't think he could do it all season.

1 minute ago, Jerry said:

I agree that we need a home run hitter and a bruiser to round out this RB squad.  I would not be opposed to bringing in Ingram to fill the bruiser role, I have always loved his running style and think he has 1 solid year left in the tank if he is not a feature back.  

I would like a home run hitter in the draft, someone who we can land late but am not too knowledgeable about the RB prospects in this draft so I have no idea who that player is. 

If we can sign Ingram on the cheap and land a good pass catching/ speed back in the draft I would not be opposed to moving on from Booker and Richard.  They are both average at best and can easily be replaced. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dessie said:

That’s how I have it although I would say we need a Vet FS to help the young guys. Draft a FS later in the draft. 

From what I've seen, there are several FA FSs available that we should be bringing in to interview.

6 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I would go with 4-5 personally.  I think the Chargers game really boosted Mariota's stock, but if you just look at his past seasons with Tennessee, the guy just couldn't get it done.  Just couldn't make plays.  He played lights out for 3 1/2 quarters, don't think he could do it all season.

I agree on the 4 to 5 win mark.  MM is a noodle armed bum, which history has proven.  As soon as he was replaced the team turned into a playoff contender. 

He was so bad his last three years in Ten it wasn't funny.  Absolute garbage and fans that want to replace Carr with him after 3 quarters of decent football and not look at his last three years in Ten. are beyond clueless.  

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

You're asking the wrong crowd. It's hilarious how Carr fans give him major passes for his injuries. However, they pay no respect to Mariota who also had a standout season in 2016 and dealt with injuries for the last few seasons.

I think they win 8-9 games with a healthy Mariota because that is what this teams talent level is.

His ability to run RPO with Jacobs adds an element to the run game. I think he scores more in the red zone. And any INTs he throws would compare to the 8 loss fumbles Carr had when touched in the pocket.

I personally think Mariota would run Grudens offense well. He'd miss some passes Carr might make, but that is offset with his ability to play off schedule which Carr doesn't excel.

Jacob's 12 TDs and Carr's 27 TDs would not be replicated with Mariota under center.  Mariota had one season with 26 TDs during his entire career (Carr has done it 3x which I thought he had done it more than that lol).  Mariota's thrown 77 during his entire career while Derek Carr is at 170.  I do not think we are winning 9 games with Mariota lol.

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I agree on the 4 to 5 win mark.  MM is a noodle armed bum, which history has proven.  As soon as he was replaced the team turned into a playoff contender. 

He was so bad his last three years in Ten it wasn't funny.  Absolute garbage and fans that want to replace Carr with him after 3 quarters of decent football and not look at his last three years in Ten. are beyond clueless.  

100%.  It's crazy how 3 quarters of solid play can have fans thinking he is better than DC and essentially a top 8 QB in the NFL if he were to start today.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I know y’all hate this but mm does have a better win loss record....