The Carr Dilemma 2021  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with Carr in 2021

• Option 1: extend Carr
    • Option 2: trade Carr
    • Neither

4 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

The goal is to ball or fall with carr. But their definition of “balling” is 8-8

The goal is to upgrade any position on the team whenever you can. If there's an upgrade from Carr (Watson), i'm in. If it's just another guy, why?

• Like 1

On 1/14/2021 at 2:27 AM, JonMcC2018 said:

I never get statements like this. Here are some of the QBs who have made it to a Super Bowl in the last 10 years alone:

- Joe Flacco

- Eli Manning

- Colin Kaepernick

- Zombie Peyton Manning

- Cam Newton

- Nick Foles

- Jared Goff

- Jimmy Garoppolo

Look back at the decade before and you have the likes of Trent Dilfer, Rex Grossman, Matt Hasselbeck, Jake Delhomme, Kerry Collins, Brad Johnson. So good to average (and even bad) QBs get to the Super Bowl all the time.

Making it to a Super Bowl as a QB is as much luck and circumstance as anything else. Matthew Stafford is absolutely 100% capable of going to a Super Bowl. As was Philip Rivers. Just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean it cannot.

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

You missed the point again. 23rd in RZ is a team stat. You tend to associate team and qb stats, when they are not the same. And there are a lot of reasons for it. Some of which I've gone through in depth in posts in GDT's after watching all 22 extensively. I'm sure you didn't read them.

Despite the RZ struggles we didn't make the playoffs because of the defense. Of the 10 teams in front of us in scoring, 9/10 made the playoffs.

If we're talking about the fumbles, that's a valid point. Carr fumbles too much. But so is the context. When you get strip sacked at full speed, it's hard to hold on to the ball. You wanna show us the fumbles you had the biggest problem with?

Carr is on the team and he is the player with the ball in hands in the redzone. Outside the coach he is the top player responsible for success in the RZ. 

Out of the starting QBs he fumbled the most in the NFL. There no excuse for that, this is the pros.

12 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Carr is on the team and he is the player with the ball in hands in the redzone. Outside the coach he is the top player responsible for success in the RZ. 

Out of the starting QBs he fumbled the most in the NFL. There no excuse for that, this is the pros.

So coaching doesn't matter? How about balance in the redzone between run and pass? How about the play calling? Do you think that doesn't have a huge role in redzone success? 

Can you show me some examples of plays in the RZ where Carr struggled? 

Let me guess.

"There is no excuse. We didn't win enough games. Time to move on."

Again, you continue to conflate team stats with individual success. Without bringing up individual statistics or individual plays in games to show the rest of the forum where you're coming from.  I know you see the evidence, but simply refuse to concede the smallest points.

Like the fact that you compared Carr to Jameis Winston, a take not even his staunchest detractors would support. Care to budge on that take, or will you just pivot to a new angle to discredit him? Like team win-loss record.

13 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

So coaching doesn't matter? How about balance in the redzone between run and pass? How about the play calling? Do you think that doesn't have a huge role in redzone success? 

Let me guess.

Again, you continue to conflate team stats with individual success. Without bringing up individual statistics or individual plays in games to show the rest of the forum where you're coming from.  I know you see the evidence, but simply refuse to concede the smallest points.

Like the fact that you compared Carr to Jameis Winston, a take not even his staunchest detractors would support. Care to budge on that take, or will you just pivot to a new angle to discredit him? Like team win-loss record.

I think you both have good points.  Gruden is definitely responsible but so is Carr.  There is a reason why Gannon use to argue with Gruden on the sidelines.  Gannon was smart and independent enough to go against what Gruden said.  Carr I think just goes along with Gruden and when it fails he just says I did what you told me to do.  They are just a bad pairing.  

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Let me guess.

There's no reason to continue to banter back and forth with you to be honest. Because it obvious you'll defend Carr to no end even on things that he should be criticized about. 

You literally said it is hard to hold on to the ball at full speed and then asked which fumbles do I have an issue with?

I just dont have it to respond back n forth with that

14 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

There's no reason to continue to banter back and forth with you to be honest. Because it obvious you'll defend Carr to no end even on things that he should be criticized about. 

You literally said it is hard to hold on to the ball at full speed and then asked which fumbles do I have an issue with?

I just dont have it to respond back n forth with that

Again. Context matters.

When your arm is getting hit, it's hard to hold onto a football. For example, the new england strip sack where Winovich beat our backup tackle, is that the quarterback's fault for trying to finish the throwing motion?

How about against Atlanta when a free rusher pancaked him from the blindside. He's supposed to hold onto the ball when taking a hit he can't see?

In the same game, he had one that was unacceptable where he had very poor ball security when he tried to scramble.  Both show up on the stat sheet as fumbles, but are very different when you watch the play. The same way a poor throw that is jumped is not the same as a pick that was tipped by a receiver or dropped.

If you want, i'll chart each one and see which were egregious and which were unavoidable. But I know you don't want to see it.

You think a lot of us posters blindly defend Carr. That is misinformed. Most posters in here have actively recognized that Watson is a clear upgrade. They just find the process of obtaining him untenable. I recognize his strengths and limitations.

But again, that doesn't fit with your narrative. So carry on. I know how this ends.

7 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Again. Context matters.

When your arm is getting hit, it's hard to hold onto a football. For example, the new england strip sack where Winovich beat our backup tackle, is that the quarterback's fault for trying to finish the throwing motion?

How about against Atlanta when a free rusher pancaked him from the blindside. He's supposed to hold onto the ball when taking a hit he can't see?

In the same game, he had one that was unacceptable where he had very poor ball security when he tried to scramble.  Both show up on the stat sheet as fumbles, but are very different when you watch the play. The same way a poor throw that is jumped is not the same as a pick that was tipped by a receiver or dropped.

If you want, i'll chart each one and see which were egregious and which were unavoidable. But I know you don't want to see it.

You think a lot of us posters blindly defend Carr. That is misinformed. Most posters in here have actively recognized that Watson is a clear upgrade. They just find the process of obtaining him untenable. I recognize his strengths and limitations.

But again, that doesn't fit with your narrative. So carry on. I know how this ends.

Was just about to post I hope carr watching arod getting sacked rn but holding on to the ball 

• Like 1