Rich7sena

The Carr Dilemma 2021  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with Carr in 2021

• Option 1: extend Carr
    • Option 2: trade Carr
    • Neither

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

Derek Carr and the LV Raiders may be the only QB/team this season to beat KC, and there are fans on this site that want to move on from him.  DC did it with the 29th ranked defense.  Bills couldn't do it.  Browns couldn't do it.  Ravens couldn't do it and neither could the Saints.  DC did it though.  Put up 40 on them.  We need a defense, not a QB change.

The defense played KC in the second half of the first game better than any other team this entire year.  Held them scoreless until garbage time and we had the game locked up.

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

Josh Allen just had his @$$ handed to him in the AFC Championship game.  The Bills put up 17 and another TD in garbage time with the game clearly over.  You're banging the table for a guy that put up 24 on them with an offense that ranked better than the Raiders this season.  At least DC was swinging back.  Allen got worked.

Very different playing in KC in January, in the playoffs, and with fans in the stands.  Just ask Lamar Jackson what the difference is between regular season and playoffs.  Allen is in his 2nd year and is a much better QB than Carr.  Not even close.

52 minutes ago, Jerry said:

That shouldn't have to happen regularly though.  I understand a QB scrambling for a first down or maybe directing traffic here and there, but when it happens consistently, the results aren't always great.  QB gets injured, turnovers happen, fumbles.  Gruden tries to run an offense that always results in positive yardage.  He wants the play to be executed properly and for it to be the right play to succeed against the defense on the other side of the ball.  I think DC played great this season.  The only knock on him that I've heard all off season is his fumbles.  I would still consider his overall year to be a success.

What do you think Wilson, Allen, Rodgers, Watson, Mahomes, etc... do all the time.  Even Brady and Big Ben have had better movement throughout their careers.  Carr got better this year but he is still not good and fumbles to much.  

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

So carr gets props for the good (plays/ wins) but gruden gets the blame for the bad? 

Did I say this? Gruden got up for KC both times. He was super aggressive and showed variety in his calls. Then regressed after the 2nd game.

It was definitely a team effort. Would you not rather have a qb that performs vs the best teams?

Or more endless pessimism...

8 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

That's absolutely the opposite of what Jon Gruden wants. That you can't understand Garden runs a system and he wants to run it the way it is design is amazing to me. He literally says it all the time.

He literally has said Carr needs to learn when to create and use his legs more.

16 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Dc’s moderate improvement is imo because of gruden and his play book. Gruden made carr grow a pair and is the only reason why this thread has a fighting chance in favor of carr.

I believe his "moderate" improvement had more to do with us loading the offense up with improved weapons over three years and DC's understanding of the playbook.  I don't think "grow[ing] a pair" had anything to do with his improvement.

I’m just saying if Allen is “way better” he shouldn’t have struggled to move the football like he did against KC in both instances. Especially when it’s universally acknowledged that the Bills have a better team than us. And a defense which is on another level.

Point being that there aren’t a lot of these “generational” qbs growing on trees that can help us beat KC. You need to build a complete team first and I’d place all my resources there before gambling on a new qb who may not change the end result for this CURRENT TEAM.

12 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

The defense played KC in the second half of the first game better than any other team this entire year.  Held them scoreless until garbage time and we had the game locked up.

Very different playing in KC in January, in the playoffs, and with fans in the stands.  Just ask Lamar Jackson what the difference is between regular season and playoffs.  Allen is in his 2nd year and is a much better QB than Carr.  Not even close.

What do you think Wilson, Allen, Rodgers, Watson, Mahomes, etc... do all the time.  Even Brady and Big Ben have had better movement throughout their careers.  Carr got better this year but he is still not good and fumbles to much.  

Allen is in his third year for one.  Bills are used to cold weather games compared to the Raiders so I don't see how it would affect them the same as the Raiders who play in 70 degree weather year round.  There were what, maybe 16,000 fans?  Not the same as a full stadium.  Anyway, Allen has a better team around him, in every facet of the game other than RB and TE, and put up 24 against KC.  Just saying he clearly couldn't get it done.

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

Derek Carr and the LV Raiders may be the only QB/team this season to beat KC, and there are fans on this site that want to move on from him.  DC did it with the 29th ranked defense.  Bills couldn't do it.  Browns couldn't do it.  Ravens couldn't do it and neither could the Saints.  DC did it though.  Put up 40 on them.  We need a defense, not a QB change.

Nobody's doing it. Mahomes has won 25 of his last 26 starts. He'll end up the best QB ever.

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Has he not? I actually thought he did it a lot more this year. Pre groin injury anyways.

I said he improved this but still needs to get better.  My statement was in response to someone saying Gruden does not want a QB that creates.

4 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I’m just saying if Allen is “way better” he shouldn’t have struggled to move the football like he did against KC in both instances. Especially when it’s universally acknowledged that the Bills have a better team than us. And a defense which is on another level.

Point being that there aren’t a lot of these “generational” qbs growing on trees that can help us beat KC. You need to build a complete team first and I’d place all my resources there before gambling on a new qb who may not change the end result for this CURRENT TEAM.

I would say we have better weapons than the Bills but there defense is a lot better than ours.  Allen is better than Carr statistically and when watching the games.  He makes stupid mistakes sometimes and last nights game was to big for him but he is also a 3rd year player.  His improvement from last year is huge and turned himself into a top 5 QB this year.  Allen accounted for 46 TDs and Carr had 30 with a lot more TOs.

35 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

You think playoff games are = reg season games Lolol 

What did I say to bring you to this conclusion?  Did I say they were?  Or is this just you typing out nonsense because you do not have an analytical, intelligent argument/response?  

6 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Nobody's doing it. Mahomes has won 25 of his last 26 starts. He'll end up the best QB ever.

I'm just hoping the salary cap evens things out.  I don't know how they'll be able to afford all of the talent they currently have on their roster with Mahomes' contract coming up in a couple years.

4 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Allen is in his third year for one.  Bills are used to cold weather games compared to the Raiders so I don't see how it would affect them the same as the Raiders who play in 70 degree weather year round.  There were what, maybe 16,000 fans?  Not the same as a full stadium.  Anyway, Allen has a better team around him, in every facet of the game other than RB and TE, and put up 24 against KC.  Just saying he clearly couldn't get it done.

Sorry but trying to argue Carr was better than Allen this year is ridiculous.  You switch the two and Allen looks even better.  I do not agree that the bills have a better team offense around Allen.  It is close but We have more talent on offense if you remove the QBs.

1 minute ago, Jerry said:

I'm just hoping the salary cap evens things out.  I don't know how they'll be able to afford all of the talent they currently have on their roster with Mahomes' contract coming up in a couple years.

The potential issue i see them having is replacing Kelce.

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

Sorry but trying to argue Carr was better than Allen this year is ridiculous.  You switch the two and Allen looks even better.  I do not agree that the bills have a better team offense around Allen.  It is close but We have more talent on offense if you remove the QBs.

When did I say Carr was better?  I just said DC played better against KC than Josh Allen and the Bills did this season.  I agree that our talent on offense is probably slightly better than the Bills.