Rich7sena

The Carr Dilemma 2021  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with Carr in 2021

• Option 1: extend Carr
    • Option 2: trade Carr
    • Neither

3 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

I don't give a damn how much the coaches are making when it doesn't impact the salary cap.

Wasn't my point. I don't care about coaches salaries. My point was that for 100 mil, you could attract ANY coach/GM combo you wanted. Now the team is married to a mediocre coach for 7 more years (or until he quits, which I predict in year 5). 

Do you think Gruden gets it right and this team can compete for a Superbowl in his tenure? 

If Davis fired him, would any other team be lining up to hire him? Doubtful. 

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

What gives you any indication that is possible? I'd genuinely like to know as I'm not as optimistic of such things given the unmitigated disaster his first 3 years have been

The team is young and progressing. The only team to beat the defending champions (with their starters playing) in over a year is the Raiders. They almost did it twice. That doesn't happen by accident. They were much more consistent on offense (except for 1 game at Atlanta) than they've ever been since 2002 (more consistent than 2016). There's room for progression at WRs, be it from the 2020 rookies or some vet addition. The D was awful and the playoffs were still in reach.

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

5 years of 4-12.  You're too old for moral victories but not too old for 5 straight years of 4-12?  Okay.  You go ahead.  Stay too old for moral victories.  I'll be here, happier to go 8-8 than 4-12.

Exactly you either are content with being 37-43 or you roll the dice and take a chance to be great. Even in carrs best year we were still 2nd in our division. Honestly I wonder who will be moved first carr or Stafford 

14 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Exactly you either are content with being 37-43 or you roll the dice and take a chance to be great. Even in carrs best year we were still 2nd in our division. Honestly I wonder who will be moved first carr or Stafford 

Roll the dice by what?  Trading 2-3 first round picks and DC for Watson while our defense is 29th and clearly needs a lot of help?  Draft a QB in the late first and hope they pan out, knowing we need help on the defense?  Rolling the dice means gambling, gambling means taking chances, why take chances when you can just do the smart thing like we've all been saying, which is to cut the players that aren't producing at a level that warrants their contracts, add FAs that can help us (L. Williams, JJIII, all the FSs available), and add more defensive help in the draft.  We all know we only need to add maybe an OL or two to keep our offense where it currently is, which is argumentatively a top 10 unit, and we all know the defense has about 4 players that should remain starters (Kwit, Littleton, Crosby, Mullen).  The rest are clearly question marks and we need to prepare to replace some of them (Arnette, Abram, the rest) if they don't develop into serviceable starters.

35 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Roll the dice by what?  Trading 2-3 first round picks and DC for Watson while our defense is 29th and clearly needs a lot of help?  Draft a QB in the late first and hope they pan out, knowing we need help on the defense?  Rolling the dice means gambling, gambling means taking chances, why take chances when you can just do the smart thing like we've all been saying, which is to cut the players that aren't producing at a level that warrants their contracts, add FAs that can help us (L. Williams, JJIII, all the FSs available), and add more defensive help in the draft.  We all know we only need to add maybe an OL or two to keep our offense where it currently is, which is argumentatively a top 10 unit, and we all know the defense has about 4 players that should remain starters (Kwit, Littleton, Crosby, Mullen).  The rest are clearly question marks and we need to prepare to replace some of them (Arnette, Abram, the rest) if they don't develop into serviceable starters.

Nope just trading carr for a late first. Imo we’re in no position to throw the farm at Watson. But with mariota in the fold we can let a rookie qb sit behind mm. Only opposition would be I don’t trust mike with first round picks. 

4 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Nope just trading carr for a late first. Imo we’re in no position to throw the farm at Watson. But with mariota in the fold we can let a rookie qb sit behind mm. Only opposition would be I don’t trust mike with first round picks. 

I'd rather trade MM for a 2nd-4th and draft a QB to groom for the next four years as a possible replacement.  I'm never opposed to drafting QBs every couple of years, which I totally think we should, that way we might have a chance at finding one, grooming them for 2-4 years, and then throwing them into the fire!

1 hour ago, oakdb36 said:

The team is young and progressing. The only team to beat the defending champions (with their starters playing) in over a year is the Raiders. They almost did it twice. That doesn't happen by accident. They were much more consistent on offense (except for 1 game at Atlanta) than they've ever been since 2002 (more consistent than 2016). There's room for progression at WRs, be it from the 2020 rookies or some vet addition. The D was awful and the playoffs were still in reach.

I've tried to stay away, but this is literally how I feel. 

I'm completely with the side that's disappointed.   We really should have been in the playoffs the last two years.  However, I'm not putting all of the blame on Carr for that.  Various things happened from week to week this year and last year that caused us to miss the playoffs with late collapses. I know these are viewed as excuses that Carr should just overcome somehow, but that's not fair or realistic in my book.

Now I'm not generally a positive person by nature, but if you look at Grudens time here in the past 3 years there is a clear progression in this team.  It may not be as much as any of us wanted, but it's still there plain as day.  The only thing that I'm aware of that has not improved at all in Gruden's tenure is the defense.

The defense has to be improved, no matter who the QB is.  Get the defense out of the basement of the NFL and then I'll focus more on who is the QB.  Until then, it really doesn't matter. 

Edited by true2form
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I'd rather trade MM for a 2nd-4th and draft a QB to groom for the next four years as a possible replacement.  I'm never opposed to drafting QBs every couple of years, which I totally think we should, that way we might have a chance at finding one, grooming them for 2-4 years, and then throwing them into the fire!

Keep it real we’re you in the start mariota vs Mia group?

i remember a lot here didn’t even want to watch the game if dc started