Passing yds: 7th

passing yds/att: 5th

rushing TDs: tied 6th

3rd down%: 6th

4th down%: 3rd

Scoring drive %: 3rd

yds/drive: 6th

pts/drive: 7th

Top 3 in three categories is not "elite" imo.  

We're good.  But not good enough clearly to have a shoot out and win.  Obviously.  

2 minutes ago, Totty said:

We're good.  But not good enough clearly to have a shoot out and win.  Obviously.  

Good enough to stop whining about it though? Don't take it wrong, i'm not saying you are.

Edited by oakdb36
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Totty said:

Good enough to win a shootout of the defense can make a freaking stop.  Can't win a shootout if the defense bends over in the last 30 seconds of the game.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Good enough to stop whining about it though? Don't take it wrong, i'm not saying you are.

No I didn't take it that way at all.  There's a lot of belly achers in here.  I don't think offense is the issue.  I'm not going to say elite, but they're good enough to go places.  The clear hindrance is D.  

Those numbers help my Carr justification to the extreme members in here, however he's not the Mahomes type that'll just break a game.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oakdb36 said:

Yds: 8th

Yds/play: 8th

Passing yds: 7th

passing yds/att: 5th

rushing TDs: tied 6th

3rd down%: 6th

4th down%: 3rd

Scoring drive %: 3rd

yds/drive: 6th

pts/drive: 7th

Here I’ll help ya finish

Redzone td %: 23rd

passing tds: 11th

fumbles/g: 3rd

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

Good enough to win a shootout of the defense can make a freaking stop.  Can't win a shootout if the defense bends over in the last 30 seconds of the game.

Or if we could actually score tds in the redzone that could help. 23rd in redzone tds isn’t elite that’s as pathetic as the defense imo. Can’t win a shootout kicking 20 yard fgs all game

Edited by NCOUGHMAN
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Here I’ll help ya finish

Redzone td %: 23rd

passing tds: 11th

fumbles/g: 3rd

That's 3 stats, one of which isn't even bad. Gonna have to come up with at least 8 more to call that offense only average. I'll give you the one that doesn't serve your point to make it easier on you.

9 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

That's 3 stats, one of which isn't even bad. Gonna have to come up with at least 8 more to call that offense only average. I'll give you the one that doesn't serve your point to make it easier on you.

Never said our offense was average I think we’re good pushing toward being great but not even close to elite imo

13 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

I didn't say it was elite either. I posted stats because @Totty asked for facts. It's borderline elite.

To me it goes average-good-great-elite. I think we’re good pushing towards great so I’m guessing you say we’re great pushing towards elite. 

imo it’s hard to be an elite offense without elite players only one maybe Worth arguing for elite Status is waller and we all know how I feel about him. Trent would be next if he wasn’t a fat slob who is always hurt. Other than that I don’t see any elite players on offense 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

I didn't say it was elite either. I posted stats because @Totty asked for facts. It's borderline elite.

and that is with:
Our top WR going on IR before the season, leaving us with 2 Rookie WR and a Cast off 
Our Oline having constant turnover (normal in the nfl of course, but with the way our cap is spent it sucks for us.)
Jacobs / run game being beat up - pretty middle of the road. 

-
Everyone says, Carr needs weapons and he doenst elevate anyone. . . Agholor and Waller disagree. 
Everyone says, Carr needs a top 3 Oline to perform - - not a chance we were close to top 3 this year
-

Can we improve from Carr - Definitely. 
Is it guaranteed that if we draft a QB he will be better from Carr - No.
Is our team built to support a young QB - No. 
Would Watson improve our O - Yes
Would Watson improve our Record - Probably, but not a ton- our D would still be trash, and Watson/ Hou seems to always start slow (at least watson fantasy stats do lol. Always seems to have crazy ends of game, can our D keep us in it if we start slow?)

• Like 3