The Carr dilemma in 2021

Rich7sena

The Carr Dilemma 2021  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with Carr in 2021

• Option 1: extend Carr
    • Option 2: trade Carr
    • Neither

No matter if we think Carr is great or should be cut I think we can all agree that the QB is the single most important player on the team.  He is the only player with his hands on the ball in a meaningful way every single play.  He is suppose to be an extension of the coach also.  If you have a bad QB you need players everywhere else including defense to pick up the slack.  Can you put all the blame on the QB? No but you will give him more credit or blame depending on how much the team is set up to rely on him.  If you talk about the Ravens winning the Super Bowl you talk about the defense winning it in spite of Dilfer.  If you look at NE the first couple championships you say Brady do enough to win but after he carried that team.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

The defense had the team in very winnable spots multiple times down the stretch and the offense didn't capitalize. 

But that is my point... everything has to run on schedule with Carr to be successful. The moment the run game is bottled up and he can't elevate. And once you rattle him even slightly (Atanta) his wheels come completely off. 

The running game and defense have nothing to do with fumbling every time he's touched. That's a mindset matter with him. He can't make plays off schedule consistently. 

I agree with most of this but Carr did flash a few times and looked like his precontract self.  It did not happen enough but at least it started to happen.

16 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

He has more than any other single player but not more than the whole team.

I see things slightly different overall take it or leave it. Imo the rule changes of hitting qbs and wrs made this a offensive league imo. Defense won’t win you chips but It will keep you in the game. Offense has to win the games imo. Qb play is the single most Important factor In wins and losses also why qbs make the most $. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

25-22 > 47-63

SB winning QB Joe Flacco 108 and 82.

HOFer Warren Moon 105 and 108. 

Are you saying that Flacco is a better QB than HOFer Warren Moon because he has a SB victory and an over .500 career winning percentage?  Are you also saying that the people who voted Moon in are wrong and he should not be there because he lost more games than he won?

I'm trying to follow your logic here.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

SB winning QB Joe Flacco 108 and 82.

HOFer Warren Moon 105 and 108. 

Are you saying that Flacco is a better QB than HOFer Warren Moon because he has a SB victory and an over .500 career winning percentage?  Are you also saying that the people who voted Moon in are wrong and he should not be there because he lost more games than he won?

I'm trying to follow your logic here.

Fozzie Bear Reaction GIF

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

The defense had the team in very winnable spots multiple times down the stretch and the offense didn't capitalize. 

But that is my point... everything has to run on schedule with Carr to be successful. The moment the run game is bottled up and he can't elevate. And once you rattle him even slightly (Atanta) his wheels come completely off. 

The running game and defense have nothing to do with fumbling every time he's touched. That's a mindset matter with him. He can't make plays off schedule consistently. 

The defense gave up 29 a game.  The defense didn't have us in anything.  I don't get how you can even come to their defense (lol).  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Fozzie Bear Reaction GIF

It's quite simple.  If one is going to make statements be able to articulate what the meaning of those statements is.  Based on his logic he is saying that Falcco is a better QB than HOFer Warren Moon because he won a super bowl and has an above .500 career winning percentage.  Flacco should be in the HOF and the voters got it wrong, that is exactly the point he is trying to make...