Rich7sena

The Carr Dilemma 2021  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with Carr in 2021

• Option 1: extend Carr
    • Option 2: trade Carr
    • Neither

Just now, bucksavage1 said:

Carr is 47-63 as a starter with us. There's never been a blueprint of winning in the NFL with a QB who has lost that much

yup good job pulling stats, I didnt know weve been bad the last 7 years. Thanks!
Again, our GM and Coaches, have agreeed that Carr has not been the problem the last 7 years. 

That is what 4? HCs, and 2 GMs, that have agreed Carr is not the problem

But of course, ANYONE who thinks Carr is good, is just happy for being mediocre. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I don't believe any of us Carr "detractors" have pinpointed and singled him out as the only problem with this team. Many acknowledge that he's a good quarterback, coming off one of, if not, his best year.

How good is he is the question. He just had his best year and he was still probably the 6th or 7th best QB in the conference, with young guns like Jackson, Mayfield, Herbert, Burrow breathing down his neck. Can we win long term with him and his shortcomings? Can we invest more into the defense and not revert back into a below average offense like we were the previous 3 seasons prior to last year? Can we maintain a good offense in the crucial months of December or do we tail off?

7 years in and we still don't know. His contract is coming up soon, too. 

we also dont know what he would look like with a legit defense, that side of the ball has been trash the majority of those 7 years, even with Mack. 

Just now, Geezy said:

only 1 team has won a game in which the other team scored 30+ this postseason. DC led us to 7 wins with a defense that gave up 30 a week. 

Saints, KC, Browns, Jets and Chargers wins the defense made several plays to help secure a win. Nobody is arguing that the defense needs help but QB isn't good enough for us to win. After 7 years Carr has had his shot

3 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Carr is 47-63 as a starter with us. There's never been a blueprint of winning in the NFL with a QB who has lost that much

There has never been a team with a winning record that has given up 30 points per game. 
we were 8-8 at 29.9 ppg. 

How can you not see our D is trash? lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jerry said:

The one year we had an average defense (2016) we went 12-4.

What is the new?  The Raiders would be crazy to move on from Derek Carr without a clear cut improvement at QB.  

I do not know how many times I am going to have too repeat this but 2016 we did not have a good or average defense.   Carr did not carry the team like an MVP.  We had a +16 turnover differential.  That was the key.  We ranked 26th in yards allowed and 20th in points.  Without creating TOs the team gives up a lot more points.  You create more TOs by being aggressive and getting lucky.  Our TO differential was +1 in 2015, +16 in 2016, and then -14 in 2017.  2016 TOs was an anomaly that led to our 12-4 record being an anomaly.

With that said we would be crazy to move on from Carr without a replacement or a clear plan to get one.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Saints, KC, Browns, Jets and Chargers wins the defense made several plays to help secure a win. Nobody is arguing that the defense needs help but QB isn't good enough for us to win. After 7 years Carr has had his shot

the defense is supposed to make plays, they need to make more of them. 

4 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

There has never been a team with a winning record that has given up 30 points per game. 
we were 8-8 at 29.9 ppg. 

How can you not see our D is trash? lol

Carr's fumbles are to blame for that bloated PPG against. Its not like our defense can force turnovers, too or anything. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

You want a winning Blue print - Defense wins championships. 

That is a legit winning blue print in the NFL.

but no, lets trust mr bucksavage, it doesnt matter how many points your D gives up.

Bucksavage's logic is that if the defense gives up 30 a game, then you need to find a QB that can score 31.  Forget about the defense, finding a QB that can somehow win with a defense that gives up 30 is the way to solve all of our problems.  Even though no team has ever had a winning season while giving up 30 a game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

yup good job pulling stats, I didnt know weve been bad the last 7 years. Thanks!
Again, our GM and Coaches, have agreeed that Carr has not been the problem the last 7 years. 

That is what 4? HCs, and 2 GMs, that have agreed Carr is not the problem

But of course, ANYONE who thinks Carr is good, is just happy for being mediocre. 

Carr signed his extension in 2016, since then Mahomes, Allen, Mayfield, Jackson, Herbert all have been drafted and passed us up. 

We would be delusional to resign Carr to a contract. No QB in NFL history has lost as much as Carr and still kept their job.

4 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I do not know how many times I am going to have too repeat this but 2016 we did not have a good or average defense.   Carr did not carry the team like an MVP.  We had a +16 turnover differential.  That was the key.  We ranked 26th in yards allowed and 20th in points.  Without creating TOs the team gives up a lot more points.  You create more TOs by being aggressive and getting lucky.  Our TO differential was +1 in 2015, +16 in 2016, and then -14 in 2017.  2016 TOs was an anomaly that led to our 12-4 record being an anomaly.

With that said we would be crazy to move on from Carr without a replacement or a clear plan to get one.

Well the 2016 defense was the closest we had to average.  Every other season our defense has been pure trash.  We're more likely to go 12-4 by developing the defense to middle of the pack than by replacing Derek Carr.

37 minutes ago, Geezy said:

stupid offense, scoring too fast. 

defense gets paid too, man up and get a stop with the game on the line. 

Have you never heard announcer say they should have tried to use more clock or they scored a little to quickly.  This is not checkers.  The best QBs and coaches understand situational football.  You do not always go for the throat right away.  When a team is driving to kick a game winning FG they grind out 1st downs with running the ball to the point where they can stop the clock with a couple seconds so the other teams does not even have a shot at a hail mary.  We have been like a junior high school boy trying to touch boobs for the first time.  

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

No QB in NFL history has lost as much as Carr and still kept their job.

I preferred when you kept it simple for me and asked me to name any qb other than Derek Carr who had 5 losing seasons, and I named Drew Brees and then you got mad. That was more fun. 

5 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Carr signed his extension in 2016, since then Mahomes, Allen, Mayfield, Jackson, Herbert all have been drafted and passed us up. 

We would be delusional to resign Carr to a contract. No QB in NFL history has lost as much as Carr and still kept their job.

I've heard mention of this guy named Warren Moon.  Pretty good, still ended his career with a losing record.  Somehow ended up in the HOF.  Hmm.

1 minute ago, Jerry said:

Bucksavage's logic is that if the defense gives up 30 a game, then you need to find a QB that can score 31.  Forget about the defense, finding a QB that can somehow win with a defense that gives up 30 is the way to solve all of our problems.  Even though no team has ever had a winning season while giving up 30 a game.

Carr Cult logic is that none of the losing that occurred in the last 7 seasons can be pointed at Carr.

Carr league leading fumble issues while being sacked a low rate of 26 times isnt an issue. None of Carr's TOs and stalled drives are an issue

The rest of the league moves on from QBs who don't win within 2-3 seasons while we have had the same.

You wonder why teams across the league can be picking in the top 5-10 and then be deep in the playoffs within a year.