BDL 2020 Week 12 - Singapore Sentinels @ Seoul Dragons

rackcs

Singapore Sentinels @ Seoul Dragons  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Singapore Sentinels
    • Seoul Dragons

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/10/2020 at 05:01 AM

BDL 2020 Week 12

Match: Singapore Sentinels @ Seoul Dragons

Away Owner: @SirA1

Home Owner: @samsel23

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both

Singapore Sentinels

QB: Tom Brady
RB1: Clyde Edwards-Helaire (60%)
WR1: Keenan Allen (90%)
WR2: Gabriel Davis (80%)
WR3: Cole Beasley (40%)
TE1: Darren Waller (95%)
LT: Duane Brown
LG: Bradley Bozeman 
😄 Eric McCoy 
RG: Wyatt Teller
RT: Jack Conklin
--------------------
RB2: Kareem Hunt (40%)
RB3: Chris Carson (20%)
TE2: Darren Fells (20%)
TE3: Foster Moreau
WR4: Rashard Higgins (30%)
WR5:  Darnell Mooney (20%) 
WR6: Mecole Hardman (5%)
OL6: Matt Feiler 

DE: Hasson Reddick (80%)
DT: Aaron Donald (90%)
DT: Fletcher Cox (70%)
DE: Preston Smith (60%)
MLB: Deion Jones (100%)
WLB: Andrew Van Ginkel (70%)
CB: Kyle Fuller (100%)
CB: Breon Borders (85%)
NCB: Jonathan Jones (70%) 
S: John Johnson III (100%)
S: Desmond King II (80%)
--------------------
DL3: A’Shawn Robinson (30%)
DL4: Bilal Nichols (10%)
DE3: Markus Golden (35%)
DE4: Robert Quinn (25%)
LB3:  Kevin Pierre-Louis (25%)
CB4: Bryce Hall (20%)
CB5: Rashad Fenton 
S3: Lonnie Johnson (40%)

Seoul Dragons

Offense

QB:  Kyler Murray
RB:  Kenyan Drake
X: Sammy Watkins
Z: Curtis Samuel
TE: Travis Kelce
LT: Andrew Thomas
LG: Rodger Saffold
😄 David Andrews
RG: Andrus Peat
RT: Brandon Schreff

Leonard Fournette
Nelson Agholor (X)
Tim Patrick(Y)
Keke Coutee(Z)
Cameron Brate(TE)
George Fant(OT)  - (Q)
Nick Allegretti(G/C)

Defense: Base 4-2 Strong Nickel (60%), 4-1 Strong Dime(20%),   4-2 Nickel(20%)

LE: Calais Campbell (Q)
3T: Grady Jarrett
1T: Brandon Williams (Q)
RE: Bradley Chubb
WLB: Isaiah Simmons
MLB: Nick Kwiatkoski
CB: Bashaud Breeland
CB: Ronald Darby
SS: Kyle Dugger
FS: Marcus Williams
FS: Rodney McLeod

Aldon Smith (3DE)
Alton Robinson(4DE)
D.J. Jones(3T)
Leki Fotu(1T)
Christian Kirksey(WLB)
Avery Williamson(MLB)
Jason McCourty (3CB)
Sean Bunting(4CB)

Singapore Sentinels

Motivation - Give Josh Gordon a chance to play in a Bizz Bowl.

Offensive Strategy
Formations:  3-4 WR (50%)/ 2 TE (35%)/ 2 RB (15%)
Scheme:  Pass (50%) vs Run (50%)

Rushing
CEH will get the start this week. Hunt and Carson will spell him and Hunt will handle short yardage/goal line plays. CEH and Hunt are threats both in the run game and passing game out of the backfield or in the slot. We will use outside zone runs to stretch the Seoul DL out and set up the pass for Brady with some play action. The versatility of our offensive weapons allows them to line up in multiple spots and give Brady a quick out to move the ball.  
Waller will occasionally get a Jet Sweep.sprinkled in this week to use his ability to break tackles and get tough yards to keep the chains moving. We will be using more 2 TE sets this week to run behind as well.

Passing
We will spread them out so get favorable matchups with LB’s on WR’s. Starting out in a base 11 personnel of 3 WR, Gabriel Davis and Beasley on the outsides along with slot WR Kennan Allen to be Tom’s main weapons this week. We know this passing game runs through Allen and Waller but Gabriel has earned more playing time. He is a playmaker that can take it to the house on any play.

Tom will assess the defense and use his incredible processing power to get the ball out quickly. Beasley and Waller are both solid intermediate targets that have the capability to make the most with their catches. In 4 WR sets HIggins will go along with Allen and Hardman’s route running skills. Hardman and Mooney stretch the field for deep shots to keep the Dragons on their toes. In 2 TE sets Darren Fells can be an extra blocker or RedZone target. Higgins rounds out the receiving Corps to give the other guys some rest from running up and down the field on Seoul.

Defensive Strategy
Formation:  4-2-5 Defense / 3-2-6 

Rush Defense
Our D-Line will continue its dominance with Hasson Reddick and Preston Smith crashing the edges and Aaron Donald and Fletcher Cox stuffing the middle. The defense will be showing different looks bringing blitz packages from secondary and backer positions.  While we’ve got great respect for most of this Seoul offensive line, it does have a few question marks.  So we’ll look to exploit those areas by keeping the pressure for the bulk of the game.  Getting Aaron Donald involved in stunt blitzes and just letting him do what he does best in the 3 tech, by driving the blitz inside while providing box safety support against the rush.  In addition, blitzing off the edge by our defensive ends, we believe will be enough to disrupt things and to put a constant amount of pressure on Kyler Murray. 

The depth off the bench in Golden and Quinn will make sure that Murray has no time and nowhere to run all day.  

Pass Defense - Scheme:  Cover 1 Man 
Our main defensive formation will consist of the 4-2-5 (Nickel). In my opinion, this formation is putting our best 11 on the field thus giving our defense the best chance to dismantle their passing game.   This formation also provides our defense more flexibility in blitz packages getting safety, inside backers and even the inside corner at times involved against a pretty good offensive line in tackles Stanley and rookie Andrew Thomas.

Our LBs match up well against the Dragons TE’s but with the nickel base look, Van Ginkel will have the running back out of the backfield. Desmond King gets deep coverage while John Johnson continues to play his normal “robber” role in the middle while providing underneath coverage on Kelce.

Coverage Assignments:
·         Lockett / Kyle Fuller - CB
·         Shepard / Breon Borders - CB
·         Kelce / Deion Jones - LB + John Johnson S
·         Samuel / Jonathan Jones - CB

Seoul Dragons

Offense: 60/40 Pass/Run.   
Up Tempo, No Huddle Often

Play Style: We look to utilize the quick passing game this week, Kelce/Samuel should be able to create opportunities over the middle of the field. We will throw into some deep shots to Lockett on the outside, along with Sammy working the intermediate routes. In the running game, we will most work with inside zones and off tackle runs. Cox and Donald are a load, but we like our IOL. We will rotate between the double teams on both of these, as well has have Drake helping inside on passing downs.

Defense: Zone 40%, Man 60%.

We will be running a 4-2 Strong Nickel, with Kyle Dugger playing closer to the LOS. We think this gives us our best opportunity in early downs, with the veterans Williams/McLeod playing deep it should limit the deep ball WR’s Singapore can throw at us. We will be playing more Man Defense on the backend this week, but still pretty even. Bashaud Breelend will come up and get physical with Keenan Allen, Darby will follow the #2.  Our man sets will be under a cover 2 looks will McLeod and Williams protecting deep. Dugger will take on Waller. If Singapore takes on more 3 WR looks we will bring in Jason McCourty for Isaiah Simmons.  

We feel pretty good amount our Front 4 getting pressure this week.   Jarrett and Chubb both should be able to provide pressure. Campbell and Williams are both Questionable to return. We will rotate Campbell inside on 2nd and 3rd downs with Aldon Smith coming in. If Campbell doesn’t play, Aldon Smith will take on his snap count, with Alton Robinson filling in as a 3rd DE. We also welcome rookie Leki Fotu back as backup 1T.

CEH did not play but he was active and able to. Since SirA1 is not Andy Reid I will consider him active for this game. Seoul mentions using Tyler Lockett in his gameplan but forgot him in his lineup. With only 7 on his bench he still has an open spot. I will consider this an error and Tyler Lockett is active for this game. 

Van Ginkel hasn’t been targeted much in the passing game but in his short career he has given up 100% of targets against. Seoul mentions no use of RB’s in their passing game (Drake is pass blocking) however or this could have been an advantage for them, although Drake hasn’t really been as effective as a pass catcher as he was in Miami. 

I like the rotation of Campbell inside if he does in fact play tomorrow night. It was smart to double and focus their pass blocking attention on the interior as well. Smith and Reddick have 8 sacks combined and should get some pressures still on the outside but trying to keep the interior clean for Kyler is key to step up and not play frantic ball. I just am contemplating how effective this interior oline would be doing that against Donald and Cox. 

• Like 1

Samuel didn't play this week so I guess Coutee jumps in his spot. 

Getting Aaron Donald involved in stunt blitzes and just letting him do what he does best in the 3 tech, by driving the blitz inside while providing box safety support against the rush.  In addition, blitzing off the edge by our defensive ends, we believe will be enough to disrupt things and to put a constant amount of pressure on Kyler Murray. 

@SirA1 this whole part confused the hell out of me. A stunt is just a stunt, is someone else bringing pressure that makes it a blitz? Also, if your defensive ends are rushing, isn't that just them doing their job and not blitzing? Maybe I've just been reading too much and my brain can't comprehend anymore right now.

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

Samuel didn't play this week so I guess Coutee jumps in his spot. 

@SirA1 this whole part confused the hell out of me. A stunt is just a stunt, is someone else bringing pressure that makes it a blitz? Also, if your defensive ends are rushing, isn't that just them doing their job and not blitzing? Maybe I've just been reading too much and my brain can't comprehend anymore right now.

Truthfully I copied and pasted from my week 1 GP. So I don't know what I was thinking either.

• Like 1

I think both defensive lines are fantastic, I actually like Seoul's a little more now that's healthy, but both are great.  I think Brady in a ball control offense like this one is his best bet, and even though Kyle Dugger is a good straight line athlete, I think putting a rookie on Waller all game is a recipe for disaster. Murray will make some big plays on the ground, and aside from Borders getting absolutely dominated this week I like Sing Sing's secondary a little better to hold up in late game situations.

• Like 1

Seoul has a nice infrastructure of talent but this is a hard matchup with Kyler Murray playing below his peak. I like the idea of Drugger on Waller but even then Allen and the underrated Cole Beasley put up big numbers in a Singapore victory