Week 14: VIKINGS (6-6) at Bucs (7-5)

swede700

You guys may get your 4-wide formations this week...as the only TE practicing today is Tyler Conklin.  Neither Irv or Rudy are practicing and Dillon is on IR.  Although I bet they'd be open to slotting Brian O'Neill at TE.

Edited by swede700

Why does the middle of OR get the Vikings, and I don't ( I mean, I know why I don't.....).....

Brady picks apart teams if he can keep his feet still in the pocket. I predict a massacre by the Bucs, as the Vikings run on 2nd and long over and over, and Kirk gets hammered on 3rd and long, and Brady picks apart this D. Bucs by 17+

I've been penciling this game in as a loss all season, but then I just looked at their record and realized that they are only one game better than we are in the standings.  They are 7-5.  Almost half of the Bucs' opponents have beaten them.  Why can't we?  I think we can pull this one out if Zim can put together a game plan where we can get to Brady a lot.  He may be the GOAT, but nobody does well with pass rushers in their face all night.

I think this game is Packers 2.0 for the Vikes.  Basically, they need to control the clock and force Brady to make bad throws -- waaaaay easier said than done.  BUTTT, the guy they need to stop is Ronald Jones II.  If the D can bottle him up, keep him to 3-4 yard carries, they stand a chance to get off the field on 3rd downs.  

Offensively, who from the Vikes O-line is going to step up on the interior?  Cleveland should be 100%-ish and played well last week.  Dozier will get exploited like . . . oops, can't say two-dollar things here😉 The Buc D is probably the best front 7 faced so far this year.  I like Cook's protection, so that's a bonus.  The TEs need to find some magic healing potion, cause we're gonna need them.  Option 16-hundred-and-12?  Run a jumbo set with an extra Lineman in the backfield a few plays . . . Ham and Jones in the backfield loading up on their LBs would mean Cook gets to make a safety miss . . . remember how everyone stacked the box in 2012 with Ponder at QB and Adrian just ran through the first guy?  There was no one left to catch him.  This game, this year, that damn scheme might just be the right ticket to try a few times early -- and if the Vikes have the lead in the 4th, do it there too.

In the end, I fear this may be a game where Cousins needs to carry the load and pass his tail off.  If he's still alive at the end of the game, that'll be a bonus.

• Like 2

The thing about this game is that the Bucs have been underperforming all season...and have a winning record in spite of that.  Our luck, this is the game where they put it all together and win by 14 or more points.

2 hours ago, Virginia Viking said:

The thing about this game is that the Bucs have been underperforming all season...and have a winning record in spite of that.  Our luck, this is the game where they put it all together and win by 14 or more points.

Having two weeks to prepare for a team is a big advantage. 

I’m not expecting much from the Vikings, here. 

• Like 1