Bears / Texans GDT 12/13/20

G08

3 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

I thought Montgomery had zero speed to break long runs. I believe he is more than fine going forward.

I mean he should have been caught by 3 different players on that breakaway. It was actually (for a change) basically perfectly blocked and the safety blew his tackle off a weak stiff arm. 

Monty did his job there, but even so it shouldn't have been points. 

Edit : that said, he is also basically the only person on offense who is still playing hard consistently and hasn't yet embarrassed himself. So as much as I like Etienne, for example, I do agree that Monty is showing up like he can be "the guy" going forward. 

Edited by Epyon

Just now, Epyon said:

I mean he should have been caught by 3 different players on that breakaway. It was actually (for a change) basically perfectly blocked and the safety blew his tackle off a weak stiff arm. 

Houston is 32nd against the rush, I believe. They suck. There were at least 2 poor angles taken on that run. BUT, the speed was impressive

• Like 1

Just now, Epyon said:

Except it was, so you are saying he should run slower. OK

1 minute ago, blkwdw13 said:

Well the way the Bears are playing, they are going to get to 8-8 and everyone is going to be back next season.

They won't beat Green Bay or Minnesota. They'll finish 7-9, assuming that they win today.

They are playing a team without any offensive weapons and the worst run D in football. They look good today so far because the opponent stinks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

They won't beat Green Bay or Minnesota. They'll finish 7-9, assuming that they win today.

They are playing a team without any offensive weapons and the worst run D in football. They look good today so far because the opponent stinks.

I am counting on the Packers resting people and the Bears beating their back ups.

Just now, Epyon said:

Worth pointing out too, that Houston knows how to exploit this defense. Their first play was a pass for 8 yards targeting Danny Trevathan. Just alternating against him and Skrine a few times can open things up for them. 

I hope they target Skrine all day, in fact they can throw at him every play.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

I am counting on the Packers resting people and the Bears beating their back ups.

Green Bay is playing for the #1 seed. They aren't resting anyone unless NO loses twice in 4 weeks. As the standings are now, IIRC, they would be hosting Minnesota in round 1 who absolutely ran all over them a few weeks back. They want no part of them again

6 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Shrine is out today

Ah hadn't seen. Who's in for him then, Vildor? 

Regardless good that he's out. He won't be here next year, and seeing what our other options can do seems like the best usage with the rest of the season. Wish there'd be more of that in general, people like Ridley should get more of a shot with A Rob likely gone next year as well. 

Edited by Epyon

2 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Ah hadn't seen. Who's in for him then, Vildor? 

Regardless good that he's out. He won't be here next year, and seeing what our other options can do seems like the best usage with the rest of the season. Wish there'd be more of that in general, people like Ridley should get more of a shot with A Rob likely gone next year as well. 

Shelley