Bears / Texans GDT 12/13/20

G08

I can't help but wonder if our solid performance today vs a lifeless Texans team is basically the full game end of season equivalent to how our offense would frequently score a bunch of points in "garbage time" and make the score look easy closer than it actually was. 

The first complete game that I can remember in a long time.

3rd down offense is still a problem. Offense in the 2nd half was manageable but still should've been better considering the Texans defense.

Mitch played well. Although one complaint is that he is still throwing into double coverage. The TD pass to Arob worked out but there was man coverage across the board and Arob was the only one who was doubled.  

OL played well again. 

Arob showed why we should resign him.

Monty did good with limited amount of touches -- for some reason Nagy doesn't like him. 

Kmet has been being coming along nicely as of late. 

Defense had 5 sacks for the first time since September 29th, 2019 (week 4 last year against the Vikes).

Woods earned more PT.  Same for Edwards and Urban. 

Nichols has been very underrated this year. 

Smith balled out again. 

Resigning Santos should be a top priority.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Honestly let Trubisky test free agency and see if he gets big money but offer him a small contract to be a backup here. He’s earned at least being a backup. 

It never works out like that.

Mitch is not coming back unless it's for starter money.

I wouldn't either if I were him. He needs a change of scenery.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

It never works out like that.

Mitch is not coming back unless it's for starter money.

I wouldn't either if I were him. He needs a change of scenery.

I’m mostly just saying I don’t hate the guy like I used to. He has been forgiven by this less athletic couch critic 

What a game!  Mitch had his best game since Dallas last year with that crazy stat.  Imagine where we'd be if Mitch started every game.  He makes our offense better.  Our D was great.  Where has that been the last few games?  7 sacks is awesome.  Watson is a good QB, but he was missing a lot of his weapons today.  I hope we can carry this momentum next week when we visit Minny.  We still have a slim chance to make the playoffs. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Bowler1215 said:

What a game!  Mitch had his best game since Dallas last year with that crazy stat.  Imagine where we'd be if Mitch started every game.  He makes our offense better.  Our D was great.  Where has that been the last few games?  7 sacks is awesome.  Watson is a good QB, but he was missing a lot of his weapons today.  I hope we can carry this momentum next week when we visit Minny.  We still have a slim chance to make the playoffs. 

Agree that Mitch makes the offense better, an indictment of Nagy on several levels.