Bears / Texans GDT 12/13/20

G08

26 minutes ago, G08 said:

Trubisky has completed 67% of his passes for 776 yards, seven touchdowns and two interceptions in his three games back as the Bears’ starter.

105.3 rating.

He's terrible. /s

Edited by Pool

34 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Do it agianst a legit team. Win out and then I’ll pay attention.

Yep. Kudos to Tru for a few good games, but the good games were against the lions and Texans. The third game mentioned there was an abysmal one against Green Bay 

33 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Yep. Kudos to Tru for a few good games, but the good games were against the lions and Texans. The third game mentioned there was an abysmal one against Green Bay 

It goes deeper the that:

"Courtesy of JJ Stankevitz, just take a look at running back David Montgomery’s production with the two quarterbacks:

Montgomery with Trubisky: 76 carries, 442 yards (5.8 YPC), 4 TDs

Montgomery with Nick Foles: 94 carries, 318 yards (3.4 YPC), 0 TDs

The success on the ground also coincides with stability on the offensive line, which is still without two Week 1 starters in left guard James Daniels and right tackle Bobby Massie. But before injuries get blamed for the previous struggles, the issues up front started before Daniels and Massie went down. There’s a much sharper correlation to the quarterback switches and that’s not surprising considering that Foles’ inability to scramble put a lot more pressure on his protection. With Trubisky, the line gets help from tighter formations, some play-action (there could still be more) and the quarterback’s ability to scramble and execute designed rollouts."

3 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Rewatched the Montgomery run. First person to celebrate with him in the end zone was Trubisky, meaning he sprinted 80 yards downfield to meet him there 

Foles did too but he just  arrived.

Edited by Pool
  • Like 2

Mitch may never be an elite QB in this league but I wonder if this team would be in a much better position record wise at this point if Mitch never got benched for Foles.

We probably lose the Falcons game but I think he helps win 1 or 2 of the other games we lost to Saints, Titans and Vikes where Foles was pretty brutal

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Mitch may never be an elite QB in this league but I wonder if this team would be in a much better position record wise at this point if Mitch never got benched for Foles.

We probably lose the Falcons game but I think he helps win 1 or 2 of the other games we lost to Saints, Titans and Vikes where Foles was pretty brutal

The OL wouldn't have looked as awful as it has since the injuries/covid started to pile up either with Mitch.