Fork the Class of 2004

Hunter2_1

Which QB from the 2004 draft class are done?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Can you fork any of them?

• Eli Manning
    • Ben Roethlisberger
    • Philip Rivers
    • None

All three guys are coming to the end, but none should make this their last NFL season. They’re far from replacement level IMO.

Ben is the only one who I’d say has a chance of that, but only because of the punishment he’s taken over the years. That might force him in. But I give him a pass for his poor play as of late, people were calling him an elite QB not two seasons ago.

On 13/10/2017 at 9:22 AM, FourThreeMafia said:

I always love the kneejerks and overreactions on here.  

Dont get me wrong....all 3 of these guys are getting near the end, and yes, its possible that one, two or all of them are, how you say..."done".   But no one was really saying these guys were "done" before the season.    Hell, no one was saying Ben was done until the past game....yes he was struggling before that, but people werent chanting that he should retire prior to last Sunday.

With Eli, they certainly were. 

27 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

With Eli, they certainly were. 

Haha....Eli is an inconsistent QB playing in New York.     People have been claiming he was "done" since he was in his late 20s.   ^_^

On 10/13/2017 at 9:16 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I think Rivers is medium well but Ben and Eli are well done

GTFO with this.  

Im worried Ben might be declining, but its funny how a bad start 5 games into the season and people are claiming he is done.   

Im willing to have a logical discussion about it if someone wants to get into it, but most of the people saying it are just kneejerking like they do with everything on here. 

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

GTFO with this.  

Im worried Ben might be declining, but its funny how a bad start 5 games into the season and people are claiming he is done.   

Im willing to have a logical discussion about it if someone wants to get into it, but most of the people saying it are just kneejerking like they do with everything on here. 

I think the fact he has even considered retirement makes me think he isnt all there

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I think the fact he has even considered retirement makes me think he isnt all there

Well, it is Ben.   He likes to make things more dramatic than they need to be.   

But Ill give you that....thats a fair point, and if he sucks all season and simply isnt having fun anymore....I hope he retires.    However, its too early to completely write him off like some are doing.

Like I said..all of his issues right now seem to be mental. Those can be overcome.   His arm strength and mobility are still fine.   Now, that doesnt mean he will definitely bounce back....but even through his struggles this year, there is nothing that tells me he CAN'T get back to where he was.    

7 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

GTFO with this.  

I feel like the regression was already noticeable last year (home / road splits), so I'd say that its more than five game, and so it wouldn't be completely crazy if he just fell off the cliff this year. There were signs. I still think it's too small of a sample size to readily admit that he's completely gone though because he did have a strong half a season just last year. At this point, I'm more in the camp of, "this bears monitoring"

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I feel like the regression was already noticeable last year (home / road splits), so I'd say that its more than five game, and so it wouldn't be completely crazy if he just fell off the cliff this year. There were signs. I still think it's too small of a sample size to readily admit that he's completely gone though because he did have a strong half a season just last year. At this point, I'm more in the camp of, "this bears monitoring"

Ben struggled more after losing both of his deep threats early last season.

Im not saying its a non-issue.   Im just saying its too early to claim he, Rivers and Eli are done.   

48 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Ben struggled more after losing both of his deep threats early last season.

Im not saying its a non-issue.   Im just saying its too early to claim he, Rivers and Eli are done.   

Another issue was the knee injury, Ben had no business playing at Baltimore last season. And we can't forget the snowy conditions at Buffalo, which affected the passing game as well. Nice bounce back game for Ben today at KC, he outplayed Alex Smith. If the Steelers defense can be more consistent, Pittsburgh could represent the AFC in February.

On 10/15/2017 at 12:00 PM, FourThreeMafia said:

GTFO with this.  

Tom Brady's first 8 games in 2013:

2013-2013 NWE 8 8 171 307 136 55.70 1824 9 6 74.9     5.94 5.65

8 Game sample size...

...vs...

6 Game sample size...

Big Ben's first 6 games in 2017:

2017-2017 PIT 6 6 137 220 83 62.27 1521 7 8 78.2     6.91

Take out the ONE, 5 INT game and he's 7 TDs, 2 INTs, with a Passer Rating in the mid 90s...that's done???

But, but, but, Ben said the word 'retirement' in the off-season???  OK, and how many QBs have mentioned it, then didn't, or heck, in Favre's case...

EOT

2 hours ago, Ward4HOF said:

Tom Brady's first 8 games in 2013:

2013-2013 NWE 8 8 171 307 136 55.70 1824 9 6 74.9     5.94 5.65

8 Game sample size...

...vs...

6 Game sample size...

Big Ben's first 6 games in 2017:

2017-2017 PIT 6 6 137 220 83 62.27 1521 7 8 78.2     6.91

Take out the ONE, 5 INT game and he's 7 TDs, 2 INTs, with a Passer Rating in the mid 90s...that's done???

But, but, but, Ben said the word 'retirement' in the off-season???  OK, and how many QBs have mentioned it, then didn't, or heck, in Favre's case...

EOT

I don't remember anybody in 2013 saying Brady was done. Wasn't even a discussion. Brady's supporting cast was trash that year IIRC. They had Dobson and Kenbrell Thompkins as their outside WRs.

i don't know if Ben is done but you used an unbalanced example

Archived