Jimmy G vs Jameis Winston

TecmoSuperJoe

Jimmy G vs Jameis Winston? Which gunfighter do you want under center?   

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather have as your triggerman?

• Jimmy Garoppolo
    • Jameis Winston

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

And the first three guys in here all took Winston. Again, pick your poison. Less about winston and more about Jimmy. I'm just not a darnold fan

Right I'm just saying with a bigger sample size so far elsewhere, with 49ers fans specifically, Winston loses out when it comes to Jimmy vs. Winston with those financial parameters involved. 

But yeah, just letting you know about the observation elsewhere. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

11 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Right I'm just saying with a bigger sample size so far elsewhere, with 49ers fans specifically, Winston loses out when it comes to Jimmy vs. Winston with those financial parameters involved. 

But yeah, just letting you know about the observation elsewhere. 

And that's perfectly fine. I'll take my swing with winston, but as mentioned in the other thread, I understand people not on board with winston specifically. That's fine. I am making projections here and there's nothing to support that they will or won't happen. I just think they could just as Jrry does and Jaf doesn't. 

People can think I'm crazy and I'll think others are crazy for wanting newton, darnold mariota lol. We all have our afflictions lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

@JAF-N72EX so my understanding is that basically winston just surpasses you're threshold  for turnovers, right? Like, you just don't believe he can ever get it to a point where he's an effective qb in that regard?

I'm still trying to sift through this mess of poor labeling and organizing of data that I have created for myself over the years and unsuprisiely to myself I still can't find it after however long.

Note to everyone else, when trying to store any sort of data for any other reason. 1) Be organized. 2)  First and foremost. Name your data and stick with it. 3) Do not resort to taking OTHER info that you may have stored differently that may be relevant to another point. 

I have spent the last 30 minutes trying to find what I KNOW I have saved but I cannot find it because of my own mess.

This is what I'm dealing with people. https://[LINK ERROR]/oiqvgr .Learn from my unorganized ***. 

Anyhow, back on topic,  I would take JG over Winston any day of the week. That just my opinion. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Forge said:

I like the chatter though. Some good talk. Glad I got a chance to go over some stuff with Jaf as someone who disagrees but wasn't involved in the original discussion. Much appreciated Jaf. 

Same as you and jrry.  This is actually a good and even discussion to have. Both sides bring alot of different points an views. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I'm still trying to sift through this mess of poor labeling and organizing of data that I have created for myself over the years and unsuprisiely to myself I still can't find it after however long.

Note to everyone else, when trying to store any sort of data for any other reason. 1) Be organized. 2)  First and foremost. Name your data and stick with it. 3) Do not resort to taking OTHER info that you may have stored differently that may be relevant to another point. 

I have spent the last 30 minutes trying to find what I KNOW I have saved but I cannot find it because of my own mess.

This is what I'm dealing with people. https://[LINK ERROR]/oiqvgr .Learn from my unorganized ***. 

Anyhow, back on topic,  I would take JG over Winston any day of the week. That just my opinion. 

Lol i don't even label most of the junk I put together. 

It's a fair take. I don't expect a lot of the people to be in the winston bandwagon. For me, Id rather take a chance that moving him from Arians extreme to shanny's gets him to something a little closer to acceptable in the turnover department while giving me money to add a significant contributor. Does Jimmy with no Trent williams give me a better shot than winston with Trent williams? Honestly, I don't know. I'd favor the latter, but there's nothing to support it. Of course, if you're not spending the saved money on that kind of player, it doesn't matter lol. 

• Like 1

I'd take Winston in a heartbeat, I think he could do a much better job leading a team to wins than Jimmy G. Although, nobody has even considered Teddy Bridgewater yet... I think he could be a great fit for the 49ers. Another rushing threat could make that offense lethal, and I don't see a drop off in the passing game between him and Jimmy G.

Jameis with Shanahan is in the top 10 category. Shanahan has a system that will scheme guys open and give Jameis very simple reads to work on - it's a low risk system that only requires you get the ball to a spot and let the WR do the work - usually on the deep in routes.

Arians' system is prone to INTs, regardless of who the QB is. Jameis is prone to INTs, but an Arians offense kicks that into overdrive.

It's Jameis, by a long shot.

12 hours ago, Forge said:

This is the important part: Salaries are not equal. So would you rather have Jimmy at 26.4 next year, or Jameis at....lets say maximum 10 million for next year.

What are you, an Accountant? 🤣

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Forge said:

They are also advocating for mariota, fitzy, restructuring Jimmy (yikes), cam newton (yikes), darnold. What did I say in the thread? Pick your poison. Some may want darnold, some want others. 

Mariota? Don't know why you'd want to go with a guy who is basically Jimmy with more athleticism and less courage.

8 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Winston also has the most turnovers of any player since entering the league in 2015. Despite not even playing this year, I'm guessing that stat hasn't changed. 

Arians dropped him after one year, and Payton decided to go with a relatively inexperienced Taysom Hill over Winston even, and four games in Hill isn't looking that great. 

I do wonder how much money he'll get in the offseason, let alone if he's offered a starting gig. 

Payton going with Hill has more to do with Payton's ego than anything.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Jameis with Shanahan is in the top 10 category. Shanahan has a system that will scheme guys open and give Jameis very simple reads to work on - it's a low risk system that only requires you get the ball to a spot and let the WR do the work - usually on the deep in routes.

Arians' system is prone to INTs, regardless of who the QB is. Jameis is prone to INTs, but an Arians offense kicks that into overdrive.

It's Jameis, by a long shot.

And that's the thing. It's about projecting because their situations aren't remotely similar. Jimmy G seldom takes shots down field and frankly, he's not good at being a game manager because he is also careless with the football...he just doesn't play in a situation that exacerbates it and I think people don't realize how often he actually turns the ball over. His depth of target is bottom three in the NFL the last couple of years running, I believe. Jack Hammer at sports illustrated indicated that when Jimmy throws the ball down the field 15 yards, his int rate is ten percent. That is absurd. How many INTs is he throwing in the Monken and Arians system when Winston is chucking it downfield between 10-11 yards on each throw?