2018 NFL Draft Prospects - picks and draft board pg 1

WizardHawk

On 12/4/2017 at 3:26 PM, WizardHawk said:

The bold. That is frustrating beyond words. 

And it's my gripe with Marinelli. The dude refuses to adjust. I guess in a way the same can be said for the staff as a whole. 

Which is interesting, at least concerning Garrett...because if anyone remembers in 2007, we were damn near perfect at coming out after halftime and adjusting our game plan to dominate the opposing team offensively.

8 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

And it's my gripe with Marinelli. The dude refuses to adjust. I guess in a way the same can be said for the staff as a whole. 

Which is interesting, at least concerning Garrett...because if anyone remembers in 2007, we were damn near perfect at coming out after halftime and adjusting our game plan to dominate the opposing team offensively.

2007, that's a lifetime ago. :|

4 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

God it's times like this that I would love to trade our draft for the Browns. 

Speaking of trades, is anyone else petrified that because Dallas is the hosting city this year that Jerry will throw away his whole draft in order to make a splash? For some reason I feel like we’re trading up this year. Probably for Fitzpatrick or Derwin James. Just a gut feeling I’ve got right now.

2 hours ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

Speaking of trades, is anyone else petrified that because Dallas is the hosting city this year that Jerry will throw away his whole draft in order to make a splash? For some reason I feel like we’re trading up this year. Probably for Fitzpatrick or Derwin James. Just a gut feeling I’ve got right now.

Yep. I can definitely see that happening. Hoping SJ and WM will be voice of reason. But, JG will probably pound the table for someone and get his way. 

As long as we trade up for an impact defensive player I'm all for it. This is the year to do it imo. We aren't rebuilding. We need a Zeke like player for our defense. Sean Lee is good at that, but only 50% of the time. Tag or sign Lawrence. Tender Irving. Hope Jaylon improves. Heal Sean Lee again. Let Awuzie, Lewis, Woods, Byron, and Brown grow together. Cut Crawford and draft the best defensive player in the draft. 

My next pick would be Derwin I think. I just feel like he would be our new Darren. And take over as an enforcer on our team thus giving us a leader when\if Lee goes down. SJ said they obviously view Byron as a FS/press CB but feel like Heath's best qualities are playing deep as well. Woods has also focused more on coverage than box safety work as he's even seen time covering the slot in nickel packages. So our best box safety right now is FRAZIOR and they just last week started letting him get snaps there. I thought he did fine and helped our run D to some extent.  It would be nice to get a guy that can cover better than Heath and tackle just as well or better than FRAZIOR. Derwin can be that guy.

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I don't think Roquan Smith will go in the top 15 of the draft. While he is a dynamic player - you know at the underwear Olympics people will freak out over someone bigger & stronger & faster.

Possibly. Though I think Roquan is probably going to test extremely well overall. Still a lot to play out, but atm I can't imagine him falling out of top 15. 

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Can you imagine Chubb on one side and DLaw on the other with Irving slicing through the middle of the pocket? And a hopefully improving Taco as your swing Edge in rotation? That's worth trading up for imo. 

Would be nice for sure. I still believe long run Irving is going to be the guy lining up opposite DLaw. Much of that is dependent on how Taco progresses and what becomes of Tapper and RG. 

I honestly think a true NT, might provide the biggest impact. We miss McClain. Think that shows in Collins play as well. Was reported when Dareus went to Jags that Dallas had an interest. Maybe Marinelli realizes the need now...lol, nm. Probably not.  

7 hours ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

I have only one word to respond to the bold. 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

20 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

They don't want to commit tons of cap space to one position?

Yeah, and look what it did to our  O line stability. It really is a rock and a hard place, but if Leary was a cap casualty then it is not out of the realm of possibility to think that Vaccaro can be the same for NO but a gain for us.

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

Possibly. Though I think Roquan is probably going to test extremely well overall. Still a lot to play out, but atm I can't imagine him falling out of top 15. 

Would be nice for sure. I still believe long run Irving is going to be the guy lining up opposite DLaw. Much of that is dependent on how Taco progresses and what becomes of Tapper and RG. 

I honestly think a true NT, might provide the biggest impact. We miss McClain. Think that shows in Collins play as well. Was reported when Dareus went to Jags that Dallas had an interest. Maybe Marinelli realizes the need now...lol, nm. Probably not.  

For years and years I have been BEGGING for a quality DT for this team. I always point to Russell Maryland being taken #1 overall. When that happened our defense got teeth. When we traded for Haley it got lethal. But it starts with the center of the line and the ability to collapse the pocket and stop the run.

Archived