2018 NFL Draft Prospects - picks and draft board pg 1

WizardHawk

6 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Why is everyone talking about a 1-tech. I thought Collins and Irving fit the bill perfectly on the inside? We could use a run stuffer sure. But that can be had in the later rounds.

Collins is not an impact player at the 1-Tech where he has been playing this season. He was much better suited as a rotational at the 3-Tech like he was last season when he was much more dominate. Collins doesn’t have the size or strength to consistently take on and win against double teams. 

Adding a huge body to the 1-Tech who can consistently take those double teams can create larger gaps for the LB’s to penetrate, free up the DE’s and Irving to be one on one to get to the QB. 

DLaw-Irving-Vea-Taco who are you gonna double up on passing downs? Leading league pass rusher? Ginormous DT in Irving? The 340LB mammoth NT who can run 4.8? Or Taco? Let that kind of sink in a bit lol. 

The kid reminds me a ton of Ngata. Big, powerful, quick for his size and can push the pocket back into the QB’s face quickly. 

Championships are won in the trenches! 

38 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

Collins is not an impact player at the 1-Tech where he has been playing this season. He was much better suited as a rotational at the 3-Tech like he was last season when he was much more dominate. Collins doesn’t have the size or strength to consistently take on and win against double teams. 

Adding a huge body to the 1-Tech who can consistently take those double teams can create larger gaps for the LB’s to penetrate, free up the DE’s and Irving to be one on one to get to the QB. 

DLaw-Irving-Vea-Taco who are you gonna double up on passing downs? Leading league pass rusher? Ginormous DT in Irving? The 340LB mammoth NT who can run 4.8? Or Taco? Let that kind of sink in a bit lol. 

The kid reminds me a ton of Ngata. Big, powerful, quick for his size and can push the pocket back into the QB’s face quickly. 

We won't be able to afford keeping Lawrence and Irving.

38 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

Vea would be a nice addition to the line. 

If we get rid of Marinelli, I wonder if they think about adding Lotulelei. 

28 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

That's a quick fix but that affects what we can do elsewhere with this team. It would also only be a one year solution. 

We should be able to give Lawrence a nice contract AND RFA tender Irving. Then next offseason EVEN MORE Romo money is freed up and we sign Irving too.

35 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

That's a quick fix but that affects what we can do elsewhere with this team. It would also only be a one year solution. 

As DaBoys said, we have the ability to create more cap room and be able to sign Lawrence and Martin to extensions and RFA Irving.

We have to come to an agreement on Lawrence early or that $17.5M tag number is really gonna hold us back from doing much of anything.

Restructuring Frederick + cutting Mayowa and Hanna frees up about $13M combined, but I mean that's really not that much. What would help us a lot, sadly, would be for the Senator to hang them up.

57 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

We have to come to an agreement on Lawrence early or that $17.5M tag number is really gonna hold us back from doing much of anything.

Restructuring Frederick + cutting Mayowa and Hanna frees up about $13M combined, but I mean that's really not that much. What would help us a lot, sadly, would be for the Senator to hang them up.

You guys forget, we can roll over the remaining cap we have this year onto next year. 

So as it stands, assuming no more roster moves are made - we have roughly $23.81MM in cap space. Cut Mayowa, trade Scandrick, restructure Crawford, Tyron, and Frederick and we're sitting at (again, roughly) $46MM in cap room. That should be more than enough to extend Martin, tag or sign Lawrence to a long-term deal, and place a 1st or 2nd round RFA tender on Irving.

10 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Why is everyone talking about a 1-tech. I thought Collins and Irving fit the bill perfectly on the inside? We could use a run stuffer sure. But that can be had in the later rounds.

Have you not noticed that Collins has been almost completely replaced by Richard Ash? Ash is getting damn near all the 1-Tech reps. It isn't Collins we are replacing. It's Ash. My guess is Irving and Collins are the 3 tech rotation for the next year+.

1 hour ago, Desperado82 said:

You guys forget, we can roll over the remaining cap we have this year onto next year. 

So as it stands, assuming no more roster moves are made - we have roughly $23.81MM in cap space. Cut Mayowa, trade Scandrick, restructure Crawford, Tyron, and Frederick and we're sitting at (again, roughly) $46MM in cap room. That should be more than enough to extend Martin, tag or sign Lawrence to a long-term deal, and place a 1st or 2nd round RFA tender on Irving.

Major objections here on those calls

3 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

I wouldnt restructure Crawford. Let him play out next year at his current salary and then move on from him. That's where we get the most savings from his contract. The other factor we have is Dez. If we are not able to get production out of him and we leave his contract alone, next off-season we should be looking at moving on.

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Have you not noticed that Collins has been almost completely replaced by Richard Ash? Ash is getting damn near all the 1-Tech reps. It isn't Collins we are replacing. It's Ash. My guess is Irving and Collins are the 3 tech rotation for the next year+.

If we did get Vita Vea, I wouldnt be opposed to moving Dlaw to RE, Irving to LE and have Vea and Collins at the 1 and 3.

3 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

to hell with you guys... I have been preaching having a dominant D-line forever, even before I was resilient and another name long forgotten. I had like one supporter (good job Dave) I have finally moved on because I want a shiny brand new WR for Dak.

AND NOW you guys say DT >:(>:(

Why can't I ever get want I want :(  

@plan9misfit and I have been preaching DLine and OLine every year. Yearly and often! 

Archived