2018 NFL Draft Prospects - picks and draft board pg 1

WizardHawk

Collins was fine at 3 tech when he had big Smite McClain at the 1. Ths year we put Irving at the 3 because he is more disruptive. We tried Collins at the 1 in an attempt to get our best 4 on the field. He failed and was replaced by Richard Ash.

5 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Maurice Hurst was the guy that kept showing up when I was trying to watch Taco last year.

That is what TO7 said to me when I was unsure about him, went back and watched more film and really enjoyed what I saw.

I think the idea should be retain Irving for 3T. Have Collins be his main rotation behind which is great depth and address the RDE or 1Tech.

Lawrence -- Irving -- Ash -- Crawford

^Was our starting line by the end of the year. I hate Crawford as our blindside edge rusher. I don't care how many hurries ge gets. My pet cat is Vita though...

8 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I think the idea should be retain Irving for 3T. Have Collins be his main rotation behind which is great depth and address the RDE or 1Tech.

Lawrence -- Irving -- Ash -- Crawford

^Was our starting line by the end of the year. I hate Crawford as our blindside edge rusher. I don't care how many hurries ge gets. My pet cat is Vita though...

Would you be content with this?

Irving--Vea--Collins--Lawrence

Taco--Ash--Crawford--Tapper

***Gregory

1 hour ago, CAPJ said:

Would you be content with this?

Irving--Vea--Collins--Lawrence

Taco--Ash--Crawford--Tapper

***Gregory

I suggested something similar (sign/draft a 1T, move Collins back to the 3, Irving to DE) a while back but I'm skeptical they'll take that approach. I think they're committed to Irving/Collins at DT, like what they have with Ash, Price, and Neal behind them, and content to wait until like Day 3 to get someone else in there- and if this is not the case, it's more likely a 3-tech to replace Irving that they're after than a 1-tech that finally fix that spot.

22 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I have zero desire to move David to DE. He's been a monster at DT. 

He already plays there some though. He should keep moving around based on match-ups, lest we forget what he did to Tampa Bay. That length is just as nasty setting the edge against the run as it is pushing the pocket from the interior.

It's not like we're talking about Tyrone Crawford here, Irving's probably like 6% body fat at the most. He's hardly built like any DT I've ever seen, effective as he's been there.

5 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

He already plays there some though. He should keep moving around based on match-ups, lest we forget what he did to Tampa Bay. That length is just as nasty setting the edge against the run as it is pushing the pocket from the interior.

It's not like we're talking about Tyrone Crawford here, Irving's probably like 6% body fat at the most. He's hardly built like any DT I've ever seen, effective as he's been there.

He's a "Super Freak"

I think a 1 tech that can really move would really melt Rods butter. Remember how we were reportedly in love with Dontari Poe? I don't think Rod values traditional nose tackles, but if one with freak athleticism comes around he might bite. Vita Vea could be that guy.

Edit

The Dontari Poe draft was one year before Rod got here... So nvm

5 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Dallas reportedly had inquired about Dareus before the trade deadline, so I'm going to take that as an indication they will be adding a NT this off season. Collins back to 3T in rotation with Irving, who also sees more action at DE.

I'd **** if we drafted Vea.

Archived