2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

6 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

Snead hasn't been relevant in a long time. He did torch us in that 2016 season opener though. Still, this is a really weird priority at this stage...

He's only 28 and playing with Lamar Jackson didn't exactly help him. In his two healthy years in New Orleans he was almost a 1,000 yard WR. But I agree that it's weird we're bringing in backup WR's when we haven't addressed the secondary at all. 

2 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Probably what Hayward ends up getting. But i'm not sure Sherman settles for that.

Yeah I can't see Sherman settling for anything less than what Peterson got from Minnesota, so probably around a 1 yr/$10M deal. IIRC Sherman said he wants to play for 2 more years and is seeking a 2 year contract.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He's only 28 and playing with Lamar Jackson didn't exactly help him. In his two healthy years in New Orleans he was almost a 1,000 yard WR. But I agree that it's weird we're bringing in backup WR's when we haven't addressed the secondary at all. 

I think it's what I just wrote. They may have been waiting to see the market.

Also snead sounds like another good Gruden reclamation project. He might be better than Zay and won't cost anything. Receiver stats in baltimore mean nothing. There's a reason no receivers are signing there.

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

I think it's what I just wrote. They may have been waiting to see the market.

Also snead sounds like another good Gruden reclamation project. He might be better than Zay and won't cost anything. Receiver stats in baltimore mean nothing. There's a reason no receivers are signing there.

Snead (275 receptions, 3,393 yards, 16 TD in 86 games) is definitely better than Jones (124 receptions, 1,338 yards, 10 TD in 62 games). But it's just strange that we're not looking to address the secondary. 

48 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Before I say anything I want to say that I'm not a huge fan of Snead and I NEVER have been.

That being said this is all 100% true and before Lamar Jackson took over John brown was top-five and receiving yards in the year he was with the ravens. The last time he was on a competent off fence and it wasn't crowded he did perform really well.

Plus regardless what anybody actually thinks About him Gruden knows how to coach offense And as long as the player doesn't get in trouble by drugs or lose their mind or is perennially hurt he also knows which offensive players to get. That's why whatever thing he does on Offense could care less. Its the defense I'm worried about.

Edited by Jeremy408

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

That's why whatever thing he does on Offense could care less. Its the defense I'm worried about.

Our lack of interest/effort to address the secondary when we're going after backup RB's and WR's is concerning. Since Gruden took over in 2018 we've spent more on offense than any team in the league and the least on defense. 

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Our lack of interest/effort to address the secondary when we're going after backup RB's and WR's is concerning. Since Gruden took over in 2018 we've spent more on offense than any team in the league and the least on defense. 

Corner I think the young players in the secondary have to play this year at least regardless of how we think they do. We have to see what we have in them good bad or ugly. Safety is the thing that must be addressed one way or another. 

And of course I completely agree that its wack to even be thinking about the offense when that situation hasn't been taken care of. 

I'm just anxious to see what the plan is it FS

29 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Is it honestly, though?

I'm not surprised at all. Frustrated, concerned, perplexed? Absolutely. But surprised? Not at all. 

This staff is incompetent, and nothing has been done to warrant any argument for competency by those who defend this drivel other than projections based on hopes and pure dumb luck.