2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

6 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

We did sign a abuser.  He coaches the o-line.

Funny thing is very few were concerned when we rolled the red carpet out for Antonio Brown. If you voiced against it, you were met with "You take a shot at HOF talent! DUH! Stop being an incel! Name a guy who doesn't have a skeleton or two!". 

So I pay little attention to people trying to play the moral high ground game anymore. If it's someone they like, they'll overlook damn near anything. If they're disinterested, it's used as a justification for bad team building skills.  

Edited by ronjon1990

21 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Funny thing is very few were concerned when we rolled the red carpet out for Antonio Brown. If you voiced against it, you were met with "You take a shot at HOF talent! DUH! Stop being an incel! Name a guy who doesn't have a skeleton or two!". 

So I pay little attention to people trying to play the moral high ground game anymore. If it's someone they like, they'll overlook damn near anything. If they're disinterested, it's used as a justification for bad team building skills.  

I draw the line with domestic violence, especially as of late. 

AB had issues in Pittsburgh, but he likely has a personality disorder and that's a different kind of character issue. 

2 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Then I can take you off of the suicide watch.  I trade to and today was just all over the place.  Just had to except that my strategy did not work today and take a smart loss.  I do not want to look at my investment until it is time to go shopping because everything is on sale right now.

ya, I don't have anymore money to invest for a few weeks. I hate investing on margin. I took a 400 dollar loss last week, just wanted to get out of an investment and margin. all my other investments, just going ride it out. Pissed me off last week, and been trying to make it up somehow. Think I'm going sign up for Verizon instead of ATT because they give you 450 for switching services lol. no phone bill for a few months

41 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

AB had issues in Pittsburgh, but he likely has a personality disorder and that's a different kind of character issue. 

Not to be pedantic, and no offense, but this perfectly proves my point. 

Brown has a "personality disorder" and thus his history of issues dating back years prior to signing with the Raiders is being overlooked, despite Brown not receiving any official character disorder diagnosis by a mental health professional. 

Another guy has an incident, but it's a "different kind of issue" because, what exactly? A lack of repeated offenses that would tend to support a lay claim of a character disorder as no official diagnosis exists for them either? 

And to be certain, here's a few articles highlighting the plenty of offenses that led me (and others, of which you may have been one but I don't recall, and this isn't meant to purely target you so please don't take offense) to deride the trade from day 1:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/09/16/antonio-brown-new-england-patriots-lawsuits-accusations-sexual-midconduct-assault

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2821820-photos-of-womans-arm-show-scrape-after-alleged-shove-from-antonio-brown

https://sports.yahoo.com/details-emerge-alleged-domestic-dispute-antonio-brown-mother-child-183802757.html

And Antonio Brown certainly hasn't been the only one with some questionable problems:

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sports/raiders__trent_brown_responds_to_civil_lawsuit_alleging_domestic_violence_bay/1897629/

Again, not trying to call you out individually, and I'm damn glad there are areas where other people draw the line. There should be. And for a long time, the Raiders were known for off field discipline and that's something Raiders fans should feel pride over. But your response attempted to differentiate between Brown and others despite there being very little reason to do so other than Brown's more extensive string of incidences as opposed to other guys. Is the takeaway that if a guy causes endless trouble, he has a mental disorder, but someone who does something wrong once or twice and gets their life under control, they don't get the same benefit of the doubt? Fans are willing to try and explain away or overlook issues for superstars despite no evidence of anything other than someone being a turd over and over, and that's not how things should be. 

(Also, if thiis is going down a path we needn't bother, lemme know and I'll remove this. Not trying to get into things the forum doesn't need). 

11 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Not to be pedantic, and no offense, but this perfectly proves my point. 

Brown has a "personality disorder" and thus his history of issues dating back years prior to signing with the Raiders is being overlooked, despite Brown not receiving any official character disorder diagnosis by a mental health professional. 

Another guy has an incident, but it's a "different kind of issue" because, what exactly? A lack of repeated offenses that would tend to support a lay claim of a character disorder as no official diagnosis exists for them either? 

And to be certain, here's a few articles highlighting the plenty of offenses that led me (and others, of which you may have been one but I don't recall, and this isn't meant to purely target you so please don't take offense) to deride the trade from day 1:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/09/16/antonio-brown-new-england-patriots-lawsuits-accusations-sexual-midconduct-assault

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2821820-photos-of-womans-arm-show-scrape-after-alleged-shove-from-antonio-brown

https://sports.yahoo.com/details-emerge-alleged-domestic-dispute-antonio-brown-mother-child-183802757.html

And Antonio Brown certainly hasn't been the only one with some questionable problems:

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sports/raiders__trent_brown_responds_to_civil_lawsuit_alleging_domestic_violence_bay/1897629/

Again, not trying to call you out individually, and I'm damn glad there are areas where other people draw the line. There should be. And for a long time, the Raiders were known for off field discipline and that's something Raiders fans should feel pride over. But your response attempted to differentiate between Brown and others despite there being very little reason to do so other than Brown's more extensive string of incidences as opposed to other guys. Is the takeaway that if a guy causes endless trouble, he has a mental disorder, but someone who does something wrong once or twice and gets their life under control, they don't get the same benefit of the doubt? Fans are willing to try and explain away or overlook issues for superstars despite no evidence of anything other than someone being a turd over and over, and that's not how things should be. 

(Also, if thiis is going down a path we needn't bother, lemme know and I'll remove this. Not trying to get into things the forum doesn't need). 

Don't get me wrong. AB definitely has a personality disorder. I'd lean bipolar or borderline. I have my psych rotation coming up so I'm looking more into it. But yeah talent always trumps character. 

That being said, you own't see me pining after players with pasts that are checkered in this way. Reed included. I don't consider myself part of the Tom Cable fan club either.

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Not that I disagree.... but The DV thing is tricky.  In a lot of states if the cops show up and both parties are still there and there’s proof of even just yelling... the man is going in.  
And 95% of these end up resolved in a pretrial diversion program where your offered to plead guilty in exchange for the charges dropped after a class.... so most people cop out.  Don’t mean the man did anything wrong.  If it happened before they got paid maybe they couldn’t afford a lawyer and took the Public Pretender’s advise to cop out.  
Im just saying the DV thing is probably the most fuzzy kind of charge you can catch.  Especially with the hoe’s that these young players trick with.  

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Don't get me wrong. AB definitely has a personality disorder. I'd lean bipolar or borderline. I have my psych rotation coming up so I'm looking more into it. But yeah talent always trumps character. 

That being said, you own't see me pining after players with pasts that are checkered in this way. Reed included. I don't consider myself part of the Tom Cable fan club either.

I think AB had a manic episode for a bit but most of that was just AB being a lousy, selfish, self centered person with no moral compass and too many bad people around him.

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Yep. At some point you hope we offer a tad more than the other teams for the guys we want.

I’m wondering how far apart could we be if we’re taking to Sherman/Hayward, Brian Poole, Hooker/Boston, Steven Nelson/Q.Dunbar.

Peterson and Butler got 8.0/6.0.... So I’m guessing Sherman wants 8.0 too.  We’re prolly offering 6.0 so go and cut Heath and Richard and up it to 7 plus 1 possible with incentives and get it done.

Sure... the more time goes on the worse for the FA but at some point when the talent dries up and you don’t have your CB and FS your prolly going to have to cave to the demands or get nothing and then have to draft for need over talent in the draft.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’m wondering how far apart could we be if we’re taking to Sherman/Hayward, Brian Poole, Hooker/Boston, Steven Nelson/Q.Dunbar.

Peterson and Butler got 8.0/6.0.... So I’m guessing Sherman wants 8.0 too.  We’re prolly offering 6.0 so go and cut Heath and Richard and up it to 7 plus 1 possible with incentives and get it done.

Sure... the more time goes on the worse for the FA but at some point when the talent dries up and you don’t have your CB and FS your prolly going to have to cave to the demands or get nothing and then have to draft for need over talent in the draft.

Yeah I think we should try to get deals done before the draft rather than later.

Not that I disagree.... but The DV thing is tricky.  In a lot of states if the cops show up and both parties are still there and there’s proof of even just yelling... the man is going in.  
And 95% of these end up resolved in a pretrial diversion program where your offered to plead guilty in exchange for the charges dropped after a class.... so most people cop out.  Don’t mean the man did anything wrong.  If it happened before they got paid maybe they couldn’t afford a lawyer and took the Public Pretender’s advise to cop out.  
Im just saying the DV thing is probably the most fuzzy kind of charge you can catch.  Especially with the hoe’s that these young players trick with.  

Definitely. It can be foggy. But if I can avoid it I stay clear. And the Reed case I didn’t like.

I think AB had a manic episode for a bit but most of that was just AB being a lousy, selfish, self centered person with no moral compass and too many bad people around him.

I really think it’s more than that. Even a terrible person can sit tight for a day or so without running their mouth or because they have millions to lose. AB just didn’t care. Something outside the realm of normal behavior was behind it.

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I really think it’s more than that. Even a terrible person can sit tight for a day or so without running their mouth or because they have millions to lose. AB just didn’t care. Something outside the realm of normal behavior was behind it.

I did say he had maniac moments.  From my studying of disorders both psychological and behavioral I think it’s both but far more behavioral.  

• Like 1