What Song Are You Listening To?

D82

RamMcCartneyalbumcover.jpg

The more I listen to this album, the more and more I love it. About the only real miss for me is Long Haired Lady and that's mostly because he took a 3 minute song and kept repeating the end for 3 more minutes.

McCartney's diss tracks land a lot stronger than Lennon's 'How Do You Sleep' imo, as it's a lot more based in reality than basically just saying "You suck". Too Many People is a legit banger, and 3 Legs is such a smart subtle dig that I didn't even realize the shad being thrown on the first listen.

Just a great mix of pop, rock, and I've heard this called 'the first Indy album's before which I can see. Pop ballads like Another Day, Long Haired Lady, and Eat at Home. Straight up pop like Heart of the Country, Dear Boy, Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey. Some straight up rockers in Too Many People, Monkberry Moon Delight, Oh Woman Oh Why, 3 Legs, even a 50s style doo wop rocker in Smile Away that is a ton ot fun. The more I hear Back Seat of My Car the more it grows on me too as it is almost 3 different styles in one song that just keeps building and building.

This is probably my favorite Beatles solo album.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, beekay414 said:

77 and still banging em out

Lately I have been sickened by the amount of country singers covering songs... fast car specifically but I heard a horrible Eagles cover at the grocery store yesterday too, the kind of crap you only hear at a Krogers

But this, fantastic. She also is respecting the song and not just belting out a crappy version to sell

Edited by adamq
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, adamq said:

Lately I have been sickened by the amount of country singers covering songs... fast car specifically but I heard a horrible Eagles cover at the grocery store yesterday too, the kind of crap you only hear at a Krogers

But this, fantastic. She also is respecting the song and not just belting out a crappy version to sell

Don't get me started on Fast Car. It makes no god damn sense that a man sings that song lol.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Malfatron said:

lol I like it actually. Sounds like they’re kinda spoofing bands like Silver Jews, but not in a negative way. Like a surf rock thing like Tomorrows Tulips but they’re tryna do a Silver Jews song lol. Gonna listen to some more of their stuff

Feel like a big portion of your music taste is stuff I’d imagine the red letter media guys would listen to lol

• Like 1