Week 6 - @ Jets, Jets yearly SB week

tonyto36

Just now, tonyto36 said:

Was that Van Noy?  Took a brutal angle.  

Hightower and him both running straight at McCown.  Hightower is to his right.  Instead of angling it from the left to funnel McCown to decide if he wants to pile drive into two LBs coming full speed to try to get a first down, he hedges in towards Hightower and gives McCown an angle for an easy cutback.  

It was Marsh who goes to the Elandon Roberts school of awful angles and over pursuit

1 minute ago, mcmurtry86 said:

The Jets run blocking has been awful more than the Pats DT's have been good.

I think they deserve some credit.  The Jets are a good running team.    I don't think they just forgot to and the Patriots are still terrible.

Just now, ChazStandard said:

Teams should sign a QB with even passable speed, because the Pats D has lost contain on mobile QBs for years.

It's that way league wide though. We complain about it because we see it every week against New England but it's something every D has issues with.

That said, the poor discipline and bad angles is frustrating to watch

1 minute ago, mcmurtry86 said:

It's that way league wide though. We complain about it because we see it every week against New England but it's something every D has issues with.

That said, the poor discipline and bad angles is frustrating to watch

It was an affectionate criticism - I'm at peace with it. I'm so used to it, that it's become endearing, like the way your girlfriend talks in her sleep or your nephew gets chocolate everywhere when ever he eats a candybar.

Archived