2020 Week #17 GDT Steelers vs. Browns

Steeler Hitman

We need to have a similar gameplan next week with Ben pushing the ball downfield, it opens up so much for us. If we go back to the quick 3 yard a pass game and lose both the OC and HC need to be fired. You saw today that even with a preseason roster our offense can put up points with the right mix of downfield passing. We have so much talent to waste it dinking and dunking. 

58 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

nope. NO deep passes or run game next week, back to the usual

I dont think so. I think we are going to be pleasantly surprised in the playoffs. I have strong feeling there is more to the "Ben has been saving his arm for the playoffs" comment made a few weeks ago than anyone realizes. I have a feeling, after next weekend, people are gonna look at Pittsburgh much differently.

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

I can't wait for Bush to be back next year.  Spillaine and Bush will be nasty.

he was a nice find by colbert

looks like colbert and the FO is getting some of their magic back when it comes to finding quality role players on the defense outside the top 2 rounds in the draft/FA. Hilton, sutton, Alualu , Spillane, Haden, VW, Nelson, Highsmith etc.. those great 2000 defenses were filled with guys like that

1 minute ago, August4th said:

he was a nice find by colbert

looks like colbert and the FO is getting some of their magic back when it comes to finding quality role players on the defense outside the top 2 rounds in the draft/FA. Hilton, sutton, Alualu , Spillane, Haden, VW, Nelson, Highsmith etc.. those great 2000 defenses were filled with guys like that

And we’re really solid at developing our 1st rounders on that side of the ball too. We do a good job with defense. It took Butler and Tomlin awhile to figure it out, but since they have it’s been glorious.

1 hour ago, August4th said:

this is a bad look for Ben...because we have the receivers that can make big plays down the field

Well to be fair to Ben, he probably would have had plenty of deep completions today when targeting Robert Jackson, who is normally strictly a ST player yet he was forced to start.