New Eminem album due out in November

JonStark

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

This.

Rap has fallen so far, though, that some people still think his newer work is good.

And....politics aside....his Trump rap was embarrassingly bad.   Seems like a sell out move for him to virtue signal like the rest of the buffoons in Hollywood.    Just seems like an attempt for him to hold onto what little relevance he has left.

So you don't think Legacy, Headlights, or Evil Twin are good songs?

13 minutes ago, JonStark said:

So you don't think Legacy, Headlights, or Evil Twin are good songs?

Headlights is pretty good.    Legacy...kinda take it or leave it.    Evil Twins sucks IMO.    

I wont pretend Ive listened to his more recent stuff extensively.    Most of it is forgettable and kind of just feels "been there, done that" with him.     

His older stuff pulled me in.   Maybe Ive outgrown him....but I still like his old stuff almost as much as I did back when I was younger.    

Em will always have a place in my heart for what he WAS.      What he IS though, is just another washed up rapper who hasnt put out much better than average in quite awhile....and I honestly wouldnt even knock him for that if it werent for the fact that now he just seems like another puppet and mouthpiece of the establishment media.   

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

New song from the new album called Revival

Teaming up with the type of celebrity he wouldve sh1t all over 15 years ago.

Dude sold out.   As stated, he probably sold out a long time ago, but now he is just another mainstream stooge.

On 10/11/2017 at 10:26 AM, cddolphin said:

From 1996 - 2002, yes.

His work after The Eminem Show has largely dipped into and stayed in mediocrity. I'll give his new album a listen like I did his recent work, but I have low expectations.

This. This. This.  And I repeat, this.

The Slim Shady LP, Marshall Mathers LP, and The Eminem Show were fantastic albums.  After that, his worked regressed a lot.  Probably a combination of heavy drug usage and just getting older, but it just wasn't the same after that.  I'm not saying that he never released a good song, but I've never held an album of his in extreme high regard like I did the three I listed.

As for this brand new album, I will give it a listen, but I really am not expecting very much from him.

16 minutes ago, showtime said:

I mean, @thrILL! is right.  None of Eminem's work can touch Illmatic.  IMO, nothing Eminem as ever done comes close to Stillmatic, either.

To me, Nas and especially Jay are just on a different level above Eminem.

Lol you’re nuts. Jay-Z is garbage and always has been. Overrated just like Kanye West. I love Nas but illmatic doesn’t match MMLP or SSLP. 

6 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Lol you’re nuts. Jay-Z is garbage and always has been. Overrated just like Kanye West. I love Nas but illmatic doesn’t match MMLP or SSLP. 

You start out by saying that I'm nuts and then proceed to say Jay is garbage.  "Illmatic doesn't match MMLP or SSLP"... lol.  Alright man.

Archived