New Eminem album due out in November

JonStark

Not sure what's wrong with Alicia Keys or Ed Sheeran. The people upset about Sheeran on the album probably haven't listened to his albums, he's pretty good. Upset Kendrick isn't anywhere on there though.

The Pink feature we should have all seen coming. Probably too many features, but I'll reserve judgment until I've heard the album, although WOW is pretty boring.

28 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Not sure what's wrong with Alicia Keys or Ed Sheeran. The people upset about Sheeran on the album probably haven't listened to his albums, he's pretty good.

Edgelord Eminem album can’t exist when he’s doing music with Ed Sheeran. I’d assume that’s the main issue.

9 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

He has always been fake.     Now he just flaunts the fact that he is a corporate stooge. 

Everybody has a character to play. Those characters all change over time. Ice Cube isn’t rapping about being in the hood anymore, he’s starring in family movies. Jay-Z isn’t rapping about moving product anymore, he’s rapping about being rich and having a great family. Kanye isn’t a backpack rapper anymore.

Eminem isn’t an angsty teen/young adult anymore, he’s an aging middle age man. He has different life priorities and different things to be angry about. I mean he’s 45 now, even Hailie is now 21 years old. A lot has changed since SSLP. He’ll still complain about a certain politician when doing a cypher and he’s still going to rap lyrics that make you think “it’s really time for this guy to grow up”, but he’s not gonna spend his time rapping about all the pop culture drama that he used to.

Kinda weird - two years ago, I was talking about how he needed to just grow up because of a song he put out that included some pretty heavy sexual assault lyrics, and on the other side people are frustrated that he’s changed too much.

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

Not sure what's wrong with Alicia Keys or Ed Sheeran. The people upset about Sheeran on the album probably haven't listened to his albums, he's pretty good. Upset Kendrick isn't anywhere on there though.

The Pink feature we should have all seen coming. Probably too many features, but I'll reserve judgment until I've heard the album, although WOW is pretty boring.

I don’t really care to listen to Ed f’n Sheeran on a rap album. These are the the artists that Eminem used to attack on a song and now he’s doing collabs with them? That’s a problem.  He needs to go back to his old ways where there was hardly any features except for Dre, 50, or D12.  There’s a reason I listen to rappers like Eminem, early Nas, DMX when he was relevant, Joyner Lucas, etc. It’s so I wouldn’t have to listen to the likes of Ed Sheeran, Alicia Keys, and Beyoncé.

Completely off topic but, there's an artist I just discovered named NF and he kind of reminds me of Em a little bit in his angry delivery. Just dropped an album called Perception I think is pretty nasty, some of you should check him out

20 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I don’t really care to listen to Ed f’n Sheeran on a rap album. These are the the artists that Eminem used to attack on a song and now he’s doing collabs with them? That’s a problem.  He needs to go back to his old ways where there was hardly any features except for Dre, 50, or D12.  There’s a reason I listen to rappers like Eminem, early Nas, DMX when he was relevant, Joyner Lucas, etc. It’s so I wouldn’t have to listen to the likes of Ed Sheeran, Alicia Keys, and Beyoncé.

While I agree I'd rather him be working with Dre, 50, or d12, working with Ed Sheeran and Alicia Keys is far away from working with say Selena Gomez or Justin Bieber. Headlights was a phenomenal song and that had the lead singer from the band Fun. Did you have a problem with that song too when you saw the tracklist for MMLPII? If you only listened to Eminem because he attacked celebrities like that, you're missing what makes Eminem great.

And if you really feel this strong about the songs, it's a good thing you can just skip over them... 

He’s always been about the money. To get the money he needs them to play his music on pop stations. To get his music played on pop stations he needs pop stars because kids don’t care about him and in this PC world we live in they won’t play stuff that’s considered too misogynistic or about domestic violence. Luckily for him most of these pop stars are star struck by him and will line up to be on his album. But he’s always been a TRL creation and if that world still condoned him singing about murdering his GF he’d probably still be doing it 

Nobody is saying he still needs to rap about hating his mother and Kim and continue telling these surreal tales about how he fantasizes about ending them both.  That stuff was played out by The Eminem Show.  But leave the multiple guest features by pop artists off.  Period. 

Eminem has been in the position to transcend that nonsense ever since TSSLP.  Yet he continued to milk it for everything he could and it’s only gotten worse over the years.  He put on D12 yet he never worked with J Dilla (from his own city!).  He hasn’t worked with Black Milk or eLZhi whose product has run circles around his own for years.  Again from Detroit. Never did a song with DJ Premier yet Royce did an entire album with him.  He could’ve exposed artists like these to millions in the process of making great music and still went multi-platinum.

Instead, he goes multi-platinum off garbage like this.  It’s the worst kind of selling out tbh.

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Had no idea it was a two part album...

anyway he’s a new song. Very blah 

Yeah another political song. I hate when music artists pull politics into their stuff. I don't mind a little sprinkled in but this is too much for me. I listen to music to zone out, not to think about politics. 

On 12/6/2017 at 11:38 AM, dtait93 said:

Completely off topic but, there's an artist I just discovered named NF and he kind of reminds me of Em a little bit in his angry delivery. Just dropped an album called Perception I think is pretty nasty, some of you should check him out

I'll second that recommendation. NF is good and that Perception album is great

Not a great song. I hate how whiny he sounds and how he's trying to rhyme basically every syllable in every sentence, especially when he extends one sentence over a few bars. Doesn't sound natural to me.

Third verse is pretty good though. I mean we had to know there would be a song like this on there.

17 hours ago, steadypimpin said:

Yeah another political song. I hate when music artists pull politics into their stuff. I don't mind a little sprinkled in but this is too much for me. I listen to music to zone out, not to think about politics. 

Isnt that pretty much the issue with all entertainment today?      Sports, music, movies, television, etc....its all politicized to a point where its not even enjoyable.   Late night television isnt even watchable anymore.    Even people I used to enjoy like Colbert, Conan and Kimmell arent even funny anymore, because all they want to do is talk about the kind of things most normal people are trying to get away from.     Comedy, sports and music are things people turn to to escape the garbage going on in the news, but in todays world,  comedy isnt funny, sports are just an extension of social political commentary and music isnt good because its all just people pushing their views onto alot of people who dont want to hear it.

Regardless of politics though, Em is a washed up hack.   Should just retire and reminisce about 1999 for the rest of his life.    

Archived