2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

3 minutes ago, xenajets said:

So the Giants who were cash strapped have signed Kenny Golladay and gave Adoree Jackson in the building tomorrow. Would be a nice couple of signings. Looking around the league who de we think has had the best offseason thus far? 

I POSTED THIS before the FA Period started I said no great player is going to come to the Jets because of our current roster & major QB problem. The last two years we has all the money to spend on FA and we failed two years in a row, Yes we got a good player in Corey Davis and Carl Lawson is better than what we had but he is no great sack guy, We didn't even get a CB. Some on these players we pick play a lot of different position, but can't play one well. NO O line help at all.. Nobody can tell me they are not DISAPPOINTED.

So let me hear all the soft soap replies.

The straw that broke me was the Giants getting Kenny Golladay, the best WR in FA

3 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I thought guys would be lining up to play for Saleh with Gase gone....lol 

I told yall how Douglas was going to do this. Look at the Ravens and how they approached FA, we're going to do the same thing. 

The draft is our source of talent.

Yes King i do agree the draft is our source of talent, however we could have plugged as least three major holes in our roster and we failed. Right now i have to go out to the icebox in the garage and have a beer and clam down because i am pissed.

6 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Yes King i do agree the draft is our source of talent, however we could have plugged as least three major holes in our roster and we failed. Right now i have to go out to the icebox in the garage and have a beer and clam down because i am pissed.

How did we fail?

Guys decided to sign elsewhere, he really cant do much more than try and sign them. I would have liked a Corner and OG but overall we've done well so far. 

18 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I POSTED THIS before the FA Period started I said no great player is going to come to the Jets because of our current roster & major QB problem. The last two years we has all the money to spend on FA and we failed two years in a row, Yes we got a good player in Corey Davis and Carl Lawson is better than what we had but he is no great sack guy, We didn't even get a CB. Some on these players we pick play a lot of different position, but can't play one well. NO O line help at all.. Nobody can tell me they are not DISAPPOINTED.

So let me hear all the soft soap replies.

The straw that broke me was the Giants getting Kenny Golladay, the best WR in FA

It’s alarming to me to see talented players at positions of need sign for other teams at less than market value. Some of the projected deals on sportac compared to real life deals is insane. 

I get we won’t be the first team players will fall over each other to sign for. That’s fair enough. It’s the apparent attitude of ‘well we have a price and won’t budge approach’ that is disturbing as clearly players will sign for more win now ready teams than us if the price is similar. If there’s players JD has wanted and missed out on because he’s being cheap then that’s on him.

21 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I thought guys would be lining up to play for Saleh with Gase gone....lol 

I told yall how Douglas was going to do this. Look at the Ravens and how they approached FA, we're going to do the same thing. 

The draft is our source of talent.

Ha I know that’s certainly not been the case. Thought it was BS at the time. Players will chase the money and want to go places they think will compete. Having a coach who you like won’t be high up in the list. 

Baltimore have historically drafted well though. They’ve retained their own players for the most part and consistently brought through talent to replace guys they won’t resign. That takes great drafting and patience. 

If JD doesn’t start turning this around though how long will he conceivably be in a job. Idzik had 2 seasons and won 12 games. He also inherited a team in cap hell. The fans turned on him by year two and he was bounced out. Mac was then brought in and won 24 games in four years. 

After last years 2 win season how long do you think JD has before fans start to call for his head. If we win say 5 games next year would he be on the hot seat? Do we have to make the playoffs in the next two years to keep him around? I’d love to know the general consensus on turnaround time for JD.

20 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Have a beer my man. Iv been a Jet fan since 05/06. And the infuriation I feel nearly every year minus the two AFCCG’s is beyond normal.

I keep asking why did I choose the Jets. Like Iv made good decisions throughout my life but Jesus I ****ed up that day 😂

4 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Ha I know that’s certainly not been the case. Thought it was BS at the time. Players will chase the money and want to go places they think will compete. Having a coach who you like won’t be high up in the list. 

Baltimore have historically drafted well though. They’ve retained their own players for the most part and consistently brought through talent to replace guys they won’t resign. That takes great drafting and patience. 

If JD doesn’t start turning this around though how long will he conceivably be in a job. Idzik had 2 seasons and won 12 games. He also inherited a team in cap hell. The fans turned on him by year two and he was bounced out. Mac was then brought in and won 24 games in four years. 

After last years 2 win season how long do you think JD has before fans start to call for his head. If we win say 5 games next year would he be on the hot seat? Do we have to make the playoffs in the next two years to keep him around? I’d love to know the general consensus on turnaround time for JD.

I personally dont listen to fans and neither should the owners. 

If he drafts a talented young QB who shines and Becton, Mims, Davis, Lawson and his guys should promise then that should be enough to warrant some sort of faith in his approach.

He's trying to build what Baltimore has here, its going to take 3 or 4 drafts to fill a roster especially with his approach towards free agency. This is his 2nd year in terms of team building, just gotta have some more patience and cant put the failures of past GMs on him. 

14 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

How did we fail?

Guys decided to sign elsewhere, he really cant do much more than try and sign them. I would have liked a Corner and OG but overall we've done well so far. 

I love you bro and your positivity is very much needed around here but I can’t agree on this being a good free agency. We’ve added two players who should do well for us but by no means are can’t miss signings.

Davis is an upgrade over Perriman but not by a huge margin. Perriman signed for 4x less than what we signed Davis. 

Lawson is an upgrade over Jordan Jenkins. But again by himself doesn’t exactly make our pass rush elite. 

Nothing else we’ve done has been any good. Even the likes of Davis and Joyner are just 1yr deals. It’s been another slow cheap free agency which is cool but we can’t kid ourselves and think we’ve got much better this offseason because quite frankly we haven’t. 

Just now, xenajets said:

I love you bro and your positivity is very much needed around here but I can’t agree on this being a good free agency. We’ve added two players who should do well for us but by no means are can’t miss signings.

Davis is an upgrade over Perriman but not by a huge margin. Perriman signed for 4x less than what we signed Davis. 

Lawson is an upgrade over Jordan Jenkins. But again by himself doesn’t exactly make our pass rush elite. 

Nothing else we’ve done has been any good. Even the likes of Davis and Joyner are just 1yr deals. It’s been another slow cheap free agency which is cool but we can’t kid ourselves and think we’ve got much better this offseason because quite frankly we haven’t. 

We wont know how good or bad it is until we hit the field. I understand you and others points tho, the roster is still bare/incomplete.

Most teams have signed cheap deals, the market wasn't strong for many players. 

I think we're a better team now then we were at the start, we've upgraded at WR, EDGE, LB but are still lacking at QB, Corner and OG. 

4 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I personally dont listen to fans and neither should the owners. 

If he drafts a talented young QB who shines and Becton, Mims, Davis, Lawson and his guys should promise then that should be enough to warrant some sort of faith in his approach.

He's trying to build what Baltimore has here, its going to take 3 or 4 drafts to fill a roster especially with his approach towards free agency. This is his 2nd year in terms of team building, just gotta have some more patience and cant put the failures of past GMs on him. 

But the fans are an important voice. Not the 12 year old wankers on Twitter but fans who have followed the team and spent good money deserve better. The Idzik, Macagnan and Gase hires recently have been appalling. 

Drafting a qb and him shining would be ideal. But that’s not easy to do otherwise every team would be doing it year in and year out. 

The last GM’s of course should have no barring on JD. However im judging JD on his actions. He said last year about the promise he made to Sam and his parents. He didn’t for fill that. We were the worst we’ve been in 25 years. That’s all I’m judging not the other GM’s that failed. 

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

We wont know how good or bad it is until we hit the field. I understand you and others points tho, the roster is still bare/incomplete.

Most teams have signed cheap deals, the market wasn't strong for many players. 

I think we're a better team now then we were at the start, we've upgraded at WR, EDGE, LB but are still lacking at QB, Corner and OG. 

And I get yours and others points of view too. I’d love to sit comfortably thinking JD will knock it out the park year in year out in the draft. I just don’t have that faith he will. Certainly not yet. 

There has been players that have signed for below market prices due to the financial restrictions due to the cap. JD should in my opinion been more aggressive. 

The team is arguably better. Even if I concede we have made a small improvement it’s nothing like what could of been done. And again I reiterate I was never calling for signing all the best guys. Of course that’s unrealistic but there is many missed opportunities that JD has failed on this offseason. Just my opinion. 

Man, guys really wanted Keanu Neal!!  I think the reality of the situation is JD won’t overpay and guys aren’t kicking down the door to play for the Jets. I think we filled holes at WR and DE. Free agency is not over. Looks for us to ultimately pull some of the ex-49ers like Sherman, Williams, Hyder, Thomas. Brieda or Tevin Coleman.

I know most guys on here will either hate or be meh about these guys, but they will make us more competitive this year and that’s a start. For comparison look at the Brooklyn Nets. A few years ago the hired a real coach, drafted well and signed/traded for a few solid vets. They made the playoffs, got respectable and next thing you know they land Durant and Irving. Not saying it’s the best comp or predicting something like this will happen for the Jets, but it is a blueprint. 

Edited by JohnnyHectorFan