2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

1 hour ago, xenajets said:

I have been in teams with similar circumstances. Obviously nothing as big as a qb in the NFL but the same things apply. I know what it’s like in a dressing room when guys are split in who they like and who they want playing. Hopefully that’s not the case but it’s just something that would concern me as BOTH guys want to be the future. Alex Smith knew he was on the way out for PM so it wasn’t as big of a deal where Sam will still feel at 23yrs old he should be the future. 

I mention Mariota because he’s my favourite FA qb left. I also wouldn’t mind Alex Msith either. Both options would not be the presumed starters just high level backups. 

Mariota's not a free agent...yet. He has to agree to a paycut or else they will release him and then he becomes a free agent. We shall see what Mariota wants to do. He might want to stay there and continue to challenge Carr.

If he is released, I hope we go after him. We need leverage in dealing with teams with both the No. 2 pick and Darnold.

As an aside, if Maye wants Justin Simmons money I would seriously consider trading him. We have Davis and Joyner and we could always go after Tartt, too.

9 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Mariota's not a free agent...yet. He has to agree to a paycut or else they will release him and then he becomes a free agent. We shall see what Mariota wants to do. He might want to stay there and continue to challenge Carr.

If he is released, I hope we go after him. We need leverage in dealing with teams with both the No. 2 pick and Darnold.

As an aside, if Maye wants Justin Simmons money I would seriously consider trading him. We have Davis and Joyner and we could always go after Tartt, too.

Agree with all of this. 

Really gutted to miss out on another young talented player who could improve this team. Maybe JD had a price and wouldn’t go up anymore or maybe he just didn’t think he was worth it. Either way we just roll with JD’s plan now. 

On a separate note what happens to all the cap space saved over the last couple of years since JD has been in charge? Does it simply just sit in Woodys bank? 

5 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Really gutted to miss out on another young talented player who could improve this team. Maybe JD had a price and wouldn’t go up anymore or maybe he just didn’t think he was worth it. Either way we just roll with JD’s plan now. 

On a separate note what happens to all the cap space saved over the last couple of years since JD has been in charge? Does it simply just sit in Woodys bank? 

Probably save for successful draftees.