2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

6 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I think Williams and Lawson will feed off each other on the line, but I still want another Edge. It's tough to say where we would pick one. Not basing it off needs, but it's going to be hard for us to pass up a top OG early, so I'm thinking 34 maybe the one unless someone real slips to #23 we can't pass up

Personally, I’d like to try Huff and Zuniga this season. Let’s see what we have. Also, not a very strong edge class so I would not want to pass on a more pressing need. If a player we like is there on day 3. Sure. If not, hold off until 2022. We should be much closer to competing then and have a better idea of what we really need to upgrade.

5 minutes ago, xrade said:

Personally, I’d like to try Huff and Zuniga this season. Let’s see what we have. Also, not a very strong edge class so I would not want to pass on a more pressing need. If a player we like is there on day 3. Sure. If not, hold off until 2022. We should be much closer to competing then and have a better idea of what we really need to upgrade.

I think Huff and Zuniga should have roles/shots this year but I wouldn’t mind adding another rotation piece as well. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, xrade said:

Agreed Huff showed plenty as a situational rusher on passing downs when JFM kicks inside.  He was a nice surprise last year.  Let's give him a shot. 

9 minutes ago, xrade said:

lol I forgot about them. 

14 minutes ago, NewAge said:

I think Huff and Zuniga should have roles/shots this year but I wouldn’t mind adding another rotation piece as well. 

I don’t disagree. I just would not want to spend a premium pick on one. IMHO, you can never have too many pass rushers, WR, or CB’s. The positions that get paid when the time comes. Sustainability. But too soon yet. 

47 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Played more than 50% of his snaps at WILL last year and was one of the best run stuffing safeties.  He'll be fine there.

Also, he responded well after Falcons canned Quinn.    Dunno why the hell did he think about Cowboys.  lol

8 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I think Williams and Lawson will feed off each other on the line, but I still want another Edge. It's tough to say where we would pick one. Not basing it off needs, but it's going to be hard for us to pass up a top OG early, so I'm thinking 34 maybe the one unless someone real slips to #23 we can't pass up

Yeah me too. Hopefully Zuniga and Huff can be that young guy we neee but I’d still add another player in the draft. There’s a few guys in that 2nd/3rd round I like and I’m sure JD will priorities both OL and DL in the draft so I don’t think he can ever have enough rushers which is a good thing. 

I though our big priority in the FA market would be the O line and we ended up with nothing no center no guard. So it sure looks like # 23 or 34 will pick be a O line pick. This WR we picked up Keelan Cole. had pretty good numbers last year with the Jags, 55 receptions for 642 yards and 5 td's not bad when you considering the Jags change QB;s every three weeks.

Edited by doumeyer

26 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I though our big priority in the FA market would be the O line and we ended up with nothing no center no guard. So it sure looks like # 23 or 34 will pick be a O line pick. This WR we picked up Keelan Cole. had pretty good numbers last year with the Jags, 55 receptions for 642 yards and 5 td's not bad when you considering the Jags change QB;s every three weeks.

There is still Trai Turner who would be an upgrade over both Lewis and GVR and wouldn’t cost a fortune either. JD’s famous 1yr $5.5m sounds about right. 

Other than Thuney and Linsley there were not any other elite inside olineman and JD obviously didn’t want to go as high as KC for Thuney. Would of loved to know what contract he was offering last year before NE slapped the franchise tag on him at the last minute. 

There are many good options at guard in the draft though so I think we are very fortunate. 

As for Cole....I’d love to know how his numbers reflect the position the Jags were in. Like if they were down by 20 and he got his yards late as the opponents were playing soft coverage the numbers done mean as much. I expect him to be the #4 receiver. If we find value in the draft and get a higher round receiver then maybe Crowder will be traded. 

Edited by xenajets