2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

4 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Giants are overpaying for everyone and really hamstringing their cap the next two years. Gettlemen is on the hot seat and is desperate to win. Maybe Saleh doesn’t like Jackson. He seems a little overrated here.

What have we done with all our cap money we had for the last two years???????????

The average NfL fan gives a rats butt about the cap they just want a winning product on the field, sad but true.

11 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

The average NfL fan gives a rats butt about the cap they just want a winning product on the field, sad but true.

That is not true at all. Smart fans not only want a winning product but more than just a one and done product. We’re you happy with the follow up to Rex’s seasons?  I should hope not. Smart fans do not want to overspend on players and wish they did not support that mistake when we are paying too much for a subpar player (ie Johnson, Bell). Smart fans know that building through the draft and not trying to build through FA is the way to success and sustainability. Name a team that spent a lot in FA that had long term success?  I can’t think of any but I can name a certain team that spent a lot in FA and continues to suck to this day.

As I have mentioned, judge this team and JD based on our drafts. It would be a nice change for this team to start showing promise with increasing incremental win progress leading to a stable cap situation and a continuous flow of young guys to replace older guys without having to use FA. 

9 minutes ago, xrade said:

That is not true at all. Smart fans not only want a winning product but more than just a one and done product. We’re you happy with the follow up to Rex’s seasons?  I should hope not. Smart fans do not want to overspend on players and wish they did not support that mistake when we are paying too much for a subpar player (ie Johnson, Bell). Smart fans know that building through the draft and not trying to build through FA is the way to success and sustainability. Name a team that spent a lot in FA that had long term success?  I can’t think of any but I can name a certain team that spent a lot in FA and continues to suck to this day.

As I have mentioned, judge this team and JD based on our drafts. It would be a nice change for this team to start showing promise with increasing incremental win progress leading to a stable cap situation and a continuous flow of young guys to replace older guys without having to use FA. 

I have always want draft player first no question, Look our drafting record the last seven years it has been a disaster. Of course the big blame has to go on that moron MACC. And Bell was a super star with the Steelers 1000 yards a year rushing and 1000 yards pass receiving in the same year.  that is the stats of a superstar. That kind of player at his young age was worth the money. TO BAD HE SUCK EVERY MINUTE HE WAS HERE.

1 minute ago, doumeyer said:

I have always want draft player first no question, Look our drafting record the last seven years it has been a disaster. Of course the big blame has to go on that moron MACC. And Bell was a super star with the Steelers 1000 yards a year rushing and 1000 yards pass receiving in the same year.  that is the stats of a superstar. That kind of player at his young age was worth the money. TO BAD HE SUCK EVERY MINUTE HE WAS HERE.

Which proves the point that splurging isn’t the answer. Joe Douglas has the correct mindset and he’s got a very depleted roster to fill. Players around the league aren’t going to run here unless massively overpaid. That’s also counter productive. The best way to proceed is to have promising drafts that translate to the field. We start doing that we’ll not only be much better but we’ll attract more free agents at or below market value and that’s how you supplement free agency. We still have a ways to go but this team should be a lot more promising and competitive even if it doesn’t necessarily translate to a ton of wins just yet. 2022 will likely be a big jump, if not then you can be critical. Firing Gase was the start of a complete reboot. We screamed for it and now fans want to go from worst to first in free agency. Not how it works. This guy has impulse control. I’m excited for this season. We got real change.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Which proves the point that splurging isn’t the answer. Joe Douglas has the correct mindset and he’s got a very depleted roster to fill. Players around the league aren’t going to run here unless massively overpaid. That’s also counter productive. The best way to proceed is to have promising drafts that translate to the field. We start doing that we’ll not only be much better but we’ll attract more free agents at or below market value and that’s how you supplement free agency. We still have a ways to go but this team should be a lot more promising and competitive even if it doesn’t necessarily translate to a ton of wins just yet. 2022 will likely be a big jump, if not then you can be critical. Firing Gase was the start of a complete reboot. We screamed for it and now fans want to go from worst to first in free agency. Not how it works. This guy has impulse control. I’m excited for this season. We got real change.

You see the same thing in baseball players who have great seasons with one team then go FA and get millions of $ and are never the same player again with the new team, George Foster with Met is a perfect example.

24 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

TO BAD HE SUCK EVERY MINUTE HE WAS HERE.

Isn’t exactly lighting it up in KC either. Here is a good example of a poor decision by the GM. Bell was out for a year. Left a team that schemed around him in the running game with the proper OL players. This is why scouting any player needs to take into account scheme fit as well as FO and coaching agreement. This is about the only time gase was right.

It is not only about getting the shiny new toy. There are lots of things that professional FO must take into account.

19 minutes ago, xrade said:

Isn’t exactly lighting it up in KC either. Here is a good example of a poor decision by the GM. Bell was out for a year. Left a team that schemed around him in the running game with the proper OL players. This is why scouting any player needs to take into account scheme fit as well as FO and coaching agreement. This is about the only time gase was right.

It is not only about getting the shiny new toy. There are lots of things that professional FO must take into account.

Yea you got a real good point i forgot he was out for a year, He was still a young guy how could he go bad so fast? I guess it was all about money with Bell, get the money and run. He sure didn't run for us. On another topic was telling on of the guys that Georg Foster had great years with the Reds went RA sign with the Mets and flat out suck with the Mets, He just came to NY for the big check.

2 hours ago, xenajets said:

Cant imagine we really wanted him then as that price is next to nothing. 

Wasn’t Ulbrich his DC in Atlanta?  If so, for that cost either Ulbrich did not really want him or Neal really wanted to go to Dallas. 

13 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

He was still a young guy how could he go bad so fast?

My guess was conditioning and making FB his prime passion.  Even more importantly, he came to a team in which the HC did not want him as was not going to alter his rushing plan to suit Bell. KC is all about the pass. They also have a first round RB that will get more usage. Again, they will not alter their success to suit Bell.