2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

15 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I'm loving thsi Corey Davis sign more and more. He spoke today and said he came here thinking Sam is the QB and thinks he can be good and has done some good things too. 

If you really believe that I got a plot of land on the moon to sell you.

Nothing but careful player speak is what that is.  Nothing more.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

If you really believe that I got a plot of land on the moon to sell you.

Nothing but careful player speak is what that is.  Nothing more.

Agreed. PR answer. But I do think the chances of Sam sticking around is getting higher.

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Agreed. PR answer. But I do think the chances of Sam sticking around is getting higher.

I agree. This is a VERY dangerous decision. Very dangerous. We shall see. I will only be truly upset if we keep Sam and dont trade out of 2 and maximize the hell out of that golden ticket. 

• Like 1

Regarding Corey Davis on Darnold.

He can relate that.  He didn't live up to top 5 billing and had worked with an average former 1st round qb in Ryan Tannehill and struggling top qb in Marcus Mariota. Not to mention, he was involved in the situation where Tannehill wake up and smelled real coffee in NFL.

35 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Regarding Corey Davis on Darnold.

He can relate that.  He didn't live up to top 5 billing and had worked with an average former 1st round qb in Ryan Tannehill and struggling top qb in Marcus Mariota. Not to mention, he was involved in the situation where Tannehill wake up and smelled real coffee in NFL.

Well, if we keep Sam, Corey can expect his numbers to drop. He obviously did watch one Jet game from last year. 

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

See this I don't understand.  Why is what our trade compensation going to be factoring into our decision at QB?  If we were going to get a 2 but can only get a 3 now is that supposed to change our minds about our path forward at QB?  I've seen multiple people mention that since he value may be dropping we should hold onto him now.  I assume that was what you you alluding too?  I don't get how that even factors into our plan.  

If they think he can be a top 15 QB then keep him if they don't and they shouldn't given what he's shown then they should draft one at 2.  What they get in return should have no barring on our QBOTF plan.  If that is factoring in then bad job by the FO.

15 minutes ago, xrade said:

So you are suggesting that Sam will all of a sudden become a deep ball QB?  He has never been in three years. Care to elaborate on why you think otherwise?

Deep Ball?   It isn't one of Ryan Tannehill's strength.   In 2019, Darnold offered better deep throw than Tannehill and it was not even close.  Darnold had success with RA.  Without RA, Darnold crashed.  There were more breakdowns that saw both Tannehill and Darnold rank each other closer but Darnold had better on outside while Tannehill inside.

Now as for 2021, coaching, rhythm, full practice, OL upgrade? and more will be much different from last year.

7 hours ago, ekill08x said:

I agree. This is a VERY dangerous decision. Very dangerous. We shall see. I will only be truly upset if we keep Sam and dont trade out of 2 and maximize the hell out of that golden ticket. 

I have been saying the same thing for a month that # 2 pick in the draft is a golden ticket. It would not shock me at all if Douglas does trade down a few spots. And is still able to gets Fields or Wilson. I still fell Fields is the safe pick.  We are in the exact same position we were in for the 1965 draft when we had our chose of the two best QB's in college football Heisman Trophy John Huarte, of ND and Joe Namath, of Alabama, so what did Jet owner Sonny Werblin, do he drafted both QB's in the same draft. You certainly can't do that any more. At that period of time the NFL & the AFL were separate leagues and there was seventeen rounds in the draft.