2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

I just don't like Fields or Wilson. i don't see them as much of an up grade or even an up grade over Sam. I think these guys will be okay starters but good backup guys. These guys are in the Winston. Mariota type mode. This is pretty much where Sam is right now but had a terrible team and was a 20 year old starting QB week 1 and was the youngest starting QB in NFL history. 

3 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I just don't like Fields or Wilson. i don't see them as much of an up grade or even an up grade over Sam. I think these guys will be okay starters but good backup guys. These guys are in the Winston. Mariota type mode. This is pretty much where Sam is right now but had a terrible team and was a 20 year old starting QB week 1 and was the youngest starting QB in NFL history. 

The funny thing about Winston is he puts up great numbers but his whole career has been  plagued by insane INT"s at the wrong time in a game just like Fitz. I really believe if the right offer comes along Douglas will trade down, I think right now it is 50/50. I have always hate the idea of trading down but year might be a great year to do it. WE JUST CAN'T PASS ON A SUPER DEAL FOR THE # 2 PICK.

13 minutes ago, xrade said:

Quick question for all the Sam supporters.  If the Jets were a college team with Sam as the QB for the last 3 years, would you draft him?

That is definitely an unhealthy question.

Yes, I would draft him but in 3rd round.

15 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

That is definitely an unhealthy question.

Yes, I would draft him but in 3rd round.

I watch as many games as i could in college on Darnold & Josh Rosen and I still think Rosen was the better QB even Troy Aikman said the same thing on National TV. Rosen never got a Fair shot the Cards drafted him # 1 but had the worst o Line in the NfL when he went to Miami, they trade away Landary & Stills just before Rosen got there and they were terrible. We all pulled hard for Sam waiting for his first 300 yard passing game but that never came. All I ever heard from the Jets coaches how great he was passing on the run and that anything but the truth.

3 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I watch as many games as i could in college on Darnold & Josh Rosen and I still think Rosen was the better QB even Troy Aikman said the same thing on National TV. Rosen never got a Fair shot the Cards drafted him # 1 but had the worst o Line in the NfL when he went to Miami, they trade away Landary & Stills just before Rosen got there and they were terrible. We all pulled hard for Sam waiting for his first 300 yard passing game but that never came. All I ever heard from the Jets coaches how great he was passing on the run and that anything but the truth.

Suggest you redo your homework.   Hint:  gamelogs.

He has 4 games over 300 yards on his resume.

Darnold's home win against the Cowboys (when far more people were watching than usual) two years ago is probably the only reason why he is still in consideration for a starting gig at the NFL level. And the reality is, he threw a long bomb and a DB fell down and suddenly people thought a star was born.

4 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Darnold's home win against the Cowboys (when far more people were watching than usual) two years ago is probably the only reason why he is still in consideration for a starting gig at the NFL level. And the reality is, he threw a long bomb and a DB fell down and suddenly people thought a star was born.

pffttt.

Edited by JetsandI

6 minutes ago, xrade said:

Unhealthy? In what way?  I consider it thought provoking. 

Yeah for rational people only.

We are mad at everything so we may forgive Darnold's struggle because Jets suck or vice versa.  Until Jets getting better, we are stuck that way.  No change at all.

1 hour ago, xrade said:

Quick question for all the Sam supporters.  If the Jets were a college team with Sam as the QB for the last 3 years, would you draft him?

I would. But he’d be ranked around Kyle Trask and QB’s like that. There are at least 5 QB’s with a better skill set than him in this draft.

So if I were a team like the Saints, Steelers, 49ers, etc, I would be willing to spend a 3rd round pick on him.

I believe in drafting tools. And Darnold still has those tools. His biggest knock is deep ball accuracy which is why I think a lot of these guys coming out are better than him. A guy like Mac Jones can threaten the entire field. Same with the other top 5 QBs. Mond and Trask can as well. So he’s with with those guys or behind them. But Trask and Mond are getting picked on day 2. So 3rd so for Sam.

Edited by SDotNova