2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

41 minutes ago, drew39k said:

Wilson certainly looked good. I'm not denying that. But he looked good against a very weak schedule made even weaker with the amount of players that couldn't play due to covid issues. It was also an incredibly unusual season in that there were little to no fans which leads to a much more calm and easy to navigate offense.( There's no way to know how he handles the in game atmosphere created by big time crowds) Practices were also much different, what kind of impact did that have on opposing defenses ability to prepare?

Like I said, Wilson looked good, but there are so many more questions this year than most. There's no proper combine or today to help answer them . We have a team that needs help all over the field notably including the entire o line, the rb position and the tight end positions. This is not the year to be taking a MASSIVE gamble when we could get a haul in a trade down and we have a young talented qb that has shown flashes of being good despite absolute trash around him. And again, I'm beating a dead horse, but if he sucks like some of you expect, we will be in a tremendously better position to bring in a rookie QB next off season.

Rookie QB paired with rookie Head coaches almost never work.

Rookie QBs with **** offensive lines almost never work.

Rookie QBs with no running game almost never work.

Why does it make sense to think Wilson/fields/Lance are some kinda of magical wonderkid that will buck all those trends?

The voice of reason. Also don’t forget about his throwing shoulder. 

if we take him and he busts, JD is already done

• Like 1

The reasons I see to not draft Zach Wilson are hilarious 

-We can get a haul for the pick(no proof of that)

-He played weak competition(so Lance shouldn't be drafted nor should Lawrence who played in the powerhouse ACC)

-No one was talking about this kid last year(Joe Burrow)

-He only had one good year(Joe Burrow)

Its like the kid cant improve and prove himself, there's an excuse for every quality thing he did and thats ridiculous. 

He might be great, he might terrible, who knows and its risk no matter what we do, no matter who we pick at any position. 

But by the standard this fan base has set the only player, only QB we should pick is Mac Jones. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

So we’ve pretty much not done a darn thing since Day 1. A bunch of guys that really shouldn’t get snaps.

This is far from what I expected, two years in a row with plenty of money to spend, and outside of Davis and maybe Lawson the rest are a bunch of second tier players. The two who might be helpful is Tevin Coleman and the receiver Cole we got from the Jags. I remember Coleman being a hard runner with  Atlanta, tough man to tackle.

10 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

And if he becomes a star and Sam continues to Sam then what?

Take Fields who is equally as good a prospect then but for the love of God please don't go into 2021 with Sam Darnold.

I laugh listening to Kiper say Sam would go 2nd in this draft.  There's no lock to say Baker would go 2nd and Sam couldn't even beat him out.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

If we take any QB and he busts JD is done. He didn’t have any problems last year so I’ll take that as a good sign.

Not drafting a QB in the first is still a crazy idea to me. I like Fields, Lance, and Wilson. So I'm cool with any of them. I'm still a Lance fan, but these Qbs are talented and could mesh well with the talent we're adding around the position

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greene N White said:

“If jd draft Wilson and he busts he’s done” is the worst logic I’ve ever heard for not drafting Wilson. I would rather go down swinging than be content with mediocrity.

That’s not the logic to not draft him. That’s just the cherry on top 

the logic is to build the team first then add the QB into a better situation 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bronx Born and Raised said:

If you can get over that hurdle, and we traded #2 to Carolina for #8,#39 and first next year, whom would you draft at #8?

Good question. I think you would have to wait to see what players are taken in the first seven picks. I think it would be a last minute decision.

4 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Good question. I think you would have to wait to see what players are taken in the first seven picks. I think it would be a last minute decision.

I guess I am meaning it in the context of a personal draft board. ie. You would generate a list of your own preference of prospects based on value & needs of team.  They who would be #8.  This is not your personal mock.

4 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

And if he becomes a star and Sam continues to Sam then what?

Take Fields who is equally as good a prospect then but for the love of God please don't go into 2021 with Sam Darnold.

I laugh listening to Kiper say Sam would go 2nd in this draft.  There's no lock to say Baker would go 2nd and Sam couldn't even beat him out.

Then we draft the next QB to come along into a better situation. It’s not about Darnold. It’s about not throwing another rookie out there in an offense with a bad o line, mediocre receiving options and no running game. I guess the prayer is Gase and his system were so bad the offense isn’t actually as bad as it looked last year.

If we wanna draft a rookie and ease him in that’s fine with me, but we both know that’s not happening with the second pick. 

the draft can’t come soon enough. At this point we should just keep Darnold and let him compete with the rookie since it looks like the offers aren’t there.